Author Topic: Foxtaur  (Read 9686 times)

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
Foxtaur
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:20:04 am »
Hello again!

I know I just posted a request, but I had another idea come to me: a foxtaur!!
I would model it myself, but I have no clue how to.

The idea I have so far is to model the upper body and attach it as an item to the neck/appropriate area.
I would have the canine raise its head so it would be hidden in the body like so:

http://aberguine.deviantart.com/art/FoxtaurProf-289693451
http://aberguine.deviantart.com/art/FoxtaurPort-289693338

I have more images on my deviantArt page of my sketches of the foxtaur:
http://aberguine.deviantart.com/gallery/29304599

I know that this is a stretch, but like my last request, I am not expecting it for anything in particular, so I have no rush.
Or, if anyone can help me model it (i.e. via some sort of UBER-easy tutorial and software), I would be most appreciative!

L0ner

Re: Foxtaur
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:21 am »
wow! great idea! I''m sure there'd be millions who want to be a foxtaur XD (I'm actually serious)

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
Aw, thankies! Though I'mm pretty sure I'm not the first person to come up with the idea...

Quick update on the progress I've been making: I've been using Sculptris to form the body. After that, I plan to export it as an object file and convert it to a mesh file...or something like that.

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:52:48 pm »
If you use sulptris it will LAAAAGGG!

I'm serious about that- a Sculptris obj actually crashed MAYA- a professional programme used by many Games and Movie companies.

If you try and reduce  teh polycount- make it less smooth. you'll also need a UV map too or you won't be able to colour your mesh- it'll just be basewhite or  black and yellow

If you try and get a programme- like Blder (though that's very hard to work with) then you would be able to make UV maps and colour your Foxtaur

Trust me with this, Scultris is only good for WIPs...

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:59:40 am »
Yeah, I get what you mean. In the meantime, I 've tried taking on a less ambitious project and putting that through the process I intend to use for the foxtaur.

L0ner

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 06:34:06 am »
why don't you use blender.......? I'm still learning how to use it, but oneday, I will be awesome! (mainly because a freind of mine is bugging me for some assasin's creed items XD)

can't wait till' the Foxtaur is finished! it would be great for human/animal roleplays!

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 04:31:15 pm »
Through a bunch of tutorials (and an all-nighter) I've figured out how to do a UV map in Blender, I just need to figure out how to get the thing as a .mesh file and write up a material file for it (unless I've planned that part out wrong XP).

*EDIT* I'm talking about my experimental project, BTW: a gryphon beak!

Offline woodswolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 07:26:08 pm »
Well, I can say with certainty that there are people that would want to be foxtaurs.
People like me.
I have a few human/animal characters that I need something like this for, anyway.
*Bump*

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 07:39:30 pm »
It sound interesting enough that I would like to try to do it (I only just started using blender.) I could model, but not code. Some obvious disadvantages are that if multiple people used it, they would be clones, and the new face would not be configured for any expressions/movement. There are probably other issues as well that I cannot predict.

Offline woodswolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 09:47:47 pm »
The way to fix that, Abigail, would be to have multiple colorings of it. See the pics on this post:
https://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18841.0
So, yeah, there's still minimal customization, but it would work.