Author Topic: Foxtaur  (Read 9685 times)

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Foxtaur
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »
I created a base, if you can use it or fix it up at all. It does have a low-ish poly-count. I didn't UV map it, but I just added colour points because I don't know how to convert UVs over to materials. Hope this helps a little... I didn't add any real fingers, but pseudo hands.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7foabd6f6q0uo4a

EDIT: Yes you are right, Woods Wolf, it could be re-coloured.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:52:45 pm by Abigail »

Offline woodswolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 11:41:11 pm »
That looks neat! I'll test it and mess with it, and I could help with re-texturing, too :)
This thread was dead when I posted. I don't think they're going to look at it anymore, but we can work on it.
*Edit: I'm downloading Blender, since I have no idea how to turn this into an item. Never done this before.*
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:55:10 pm by Woodswolf »

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 12:21:38 am »
I already converted the files into meshes, plus it took me a long while to learn it without any instruction, it might take some time for you too, if you didn't have any modeling background.

My only skills are a bit of modeling, I can now convert meshes so I can make objects. I have never done any real texturing.

What are your skills?

Offline woodswolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:09 pm »
I've created several presets. Usually I just do it for fun and don't publish them. I'm pretty good - just give me the UV and I can probably get a decent texture in a day or two.
I found a tutorial yesterday, by the way, for how to make a UV map. I haven't watched it, but it's on the Blender site...
http://www.blender.org/education-help/video-tutorials/modelmateriallight/
I think this could work out pretty well, actually... you make the object, and I do ten or twelve different textures for it, and then we put it together to make the item.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 11:41:45 pm »
I know how to UV map it, but I don't know how to do a good job of it. All you need is the .blend file to add a UV map, so you can start texturing whenever you like. If you have trouble mapping you can ask me to do it and send it back.

Otherwise, it would be nice if the texture were in black and white so that any other colours could be laid over top for customization.

Tell me what your status is when you get a chance.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 04:06:47 am »
I tested out what the mesh would look like using this code:
[Fox taur]
mesh=Foxtaur.mesh
bone=Main
offset_f=0 3.5 2.5
rotation_f=0 10 0

I did find some changes I wanted to make.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 02:06:34 pm »
Now it looks a little better... It would look better with more details to the mesh + texture. It now fits the body well enough though, I think.

Here is the updated mesh/blend file if you are interested

http://www.mediafire.com/?4zdc93a385dx4an

Offline woodswolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:01 pm »
Sorry I haven't been on for a few days... I had to do a project for school...
That looks REALLY awesome, though. :D
I'll get the updated .blend file... hopefully I can figure out how to UV map it if you haven't done it already...
And yes, I could make it black and white; I'm not sure how that would help, though. We would have to use a lot of special coding and stuff, and I don't even really know how to turn it into an item to begin with.
I'll get to work on that soon, probably by tomorrow. I have to do a lot tonight still...

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »
I already figured out how to draw make it an item. We can just add a texture to the current item.

Making the basic texture black/white will allow us to easily overlay different colours so you don't have to redraw the texture each time with a different colour. In example, you can draw the fur, and then interchangeably put pink or green or grey over it for different presets instead of drawing pink fur then green fur then grey fur.

Offline woodswolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 07:30:18 pm »
Yeah, I figured it would be something like that. Wasn't sure exactly how... in theory, though, with the right coding, it could match any character's body/mane color, etc. I don't know enough coding for that, but whatever.
I'll get to work on that as soon as I can get a UV map for it. I'm downloading the tutorial video right now, so let's hope that works...