Author Topic: Popular Item Packs In FH  (Read 16296 times)

BlackRevenge

Re: Popular Item Packs In FH
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 09:22:43 pm »
I personally believe this idea is great! ^-^
I get tired of telling someone, for example; "Cool Bubble!" but they really have saber teeth, and then they think I'm weird XD. And it hate it when people get mixed up with my items. If we all had the same coding, the wouldn't have this problem.

+Karma for you for thinking up this brilliant Idea <3.....as soon as I become a Junior -.-|

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:27:57 pm »
Huh. This is... actually, I rather like this idea. However. I don't see it as being very realistic in practice. Mostly because the collaboration on a project like this would be huge. Not to mention the fact that, with every update someone has to their own pack, it has to be updated on that list and then people would need to redownload this list and there may be requests all over the place for people to add/remove their items from said list and copyright issues and so on and so forth.

On the side note of the items being stored publicly on server, as some people have pitched the idea about all presets being able to be seen, that would use up a lot of storage, which would require a bigger server which would require a lot more money. This could mean needing to buy a membership, which was highly frowned upon when the official poll for that went out on presets.

Good concept, sketchy in practice. But I don't know, maybe we can in fact get things working...
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Raoran

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Don't forget about taking care of yourself. Love u
    • Raoran
    • Flyingtoyoublue
    • Shira_Wolf
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 04:50:03 am »
Great idea. Maybe even have the option to turn items off temporarily [meaning the items would be invisible]? So that it doesn't lag as much.

Offline Abomine

• Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 03:42:03 pm »
Brilliant, I was just thinking about this... I rather hope it gets stickied or something; we really need a universal item list.

How do I, uh, 'sticky' it?

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 03:49:29 pm »
You can't sticky it, only moderators and administrators can.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline TTLioncubTT

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 09:25:32 pm »
I dont even know how to download item packs
To the world you may be one person. To one person, you may be the world.

Offline Abomine

• Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 01:31:29 am »
@ Sammy:

I'll try to help you out with that. First, you find a thread that offers an item pack for download, like this one. This is a popular one: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=15759.0

Next, you download it. Click on the item pack and download/save it anywhere you'd like on your computer.

Then you extract the files wherever you downloaded/saved them (in Windows, you left-click and select 'Extract All'). Next, you find the folder in the item pack called 'Items'. Put ALL of those files in Computer>FeralHeart>Media>Items.

Once that's done, you'll see a file called a ReadMe in the item pack. Those contain the codes for the items which will enable you to use them in-game. Also, in your main FeralHeart folder, you'll see a file called items.cfg.

Open the ReadMe and the items.cfg. Copy/paste the codes from the ReadMe into the items.cfg. Save the items.cfg and you're done!

However, to make things easier, the item pack I linked you to comes with its own items.cfg, so you don't have to copy/paste all those codes. Just drag the items.cfg from the item pack into your main FeralHeart folder and save it over your old items.cfg.

Hope this helps! ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:35:42 am by Abomine »

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline lillylion

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 08:57:50 pm »
ITEMS!!! NOW!! :P OH AND PLZ PUT IN IT BODIES MUCH BETTER

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 08:48:01 pm »
I would love to see this added. It is annoying when only certain people can see your items.

Several of the popular item packs contain items from copyrighted games. If we put those in, FH could get in trouble.

Like Galiou said, i don't think it would be an issue aswell because they cant claim copyright. And even if so, then why not just make different items not from other games and put them in. Like a bandana or headphones, for example

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline Pakhet

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • Forbbiden Lands forum - (c) CloudFish
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 10:08:54 pm »
Perhaps if not more items added to the game, then someone could combine the most popular packs in order? Then post it somewhere as a game enhancement?

It'd be nice if something like this happened to the marks, too.