Author Topic: Run Cycles [idea]  (Read 4044 times)

CloudFish

Re: Run Cycles [idea]
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »
Yes, it would be wonderful if the running cycle would be more realistic, but like Tigg said Kov probably wont give out the files. :/

However, it is also my opinion that Kov's mistrust of /some/ of his staff is, to be blunt, stupid.

To be honest, Kov never wanted staff, but we're still here. He didn't pick the staff members, so he doesn't know if we can be trusted, although I don't think he'd share the codes/models with any of us even if he did pick us.

FH+ isn't really a game of it's own you know. It's actually just a mod/add-on, Simba just altered the textures and maps a little.

The staff is trying their best to get Kov to add things to this game, it's just not that easy.

I'm aware that the FH+ is more like a modded version, and I also know that Kov never wanted the staff. However, it's simply my opinion he's handling this all the wrong way.  But I can't really voice that opinion, as I've never did the same things he has, nor seen how hard it is to make these decisions and moves related to anything this big.

I mostly agree with Ramine, in terms of him not being up to the challenge of running an online game. I know it's a tough job, especially in terms of creating it on your own.

But, he's not (again, personal opinion) really running the game. Raz and the moderation staff are. They're keeping it together, they're keeping people here. I hear people complain about the staff all the time, who are doing the best they can to keep the community and game upkept, while Kov sits back, unreachable to most of the users and works on other things, i.e. the Facebook game, like Ramine stated before.

As for us not using the things he's added... I know you've been to Fluorite. All I ever hear is roaring/howling. And I see plenty of users using the wings. They're being used, and people like them, it's just the always "More, more, more!" tendency people tend to have.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 11:27:12 pm »
Animating four-legged animals - specifically walking and running - isn't really hard. Sure, getting the illusion of weight transfer with the legs and the proper flexes of the spine and tail can be rather tedious, but actually getting the animation roughed out isn't hard. When I animate, I drag stick figures as slides and use those to help with posing. It's really easy when doing that.

I've sort of stopped caring for the animations but my animation-nerdiness is still irked by it. It'd be a nice touch to the game if they were more accurate.

I've been part of staff on several dead projects and after seeing how many people farted out of the project and fell off the face of the planet, I don't really blame Kovu for his distrust. Stupid as it is, I'd probably be reluctant to share the models as well (even though every model I plan on making excluding one will be put on one of those free-download websites, LOL), because you never know if someone will just "poof" away. Though his reasons are more likely different than mine. Mine is just overwhelming paranoia.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 11:44:04 am »
In my mind, Kovu stopped running them game the moment he lied to us, but that is not the point. Maybe he could just step up because he wants too, to be honest. Not to please people, since most of the people here don't know what they want -.- I think it's a select few who have solid ideas and opinions and those just aren't getting through. The "unhappy players" as such, whine and don't really give their annoyance much thought and then leave it an forget it.

I agree that he is no longer up to running this online project, and yes, I think Raz and the support team and maybe some dedicated members are holding this up.

And yah, Cloud, I agree with you so much on the Flourite point. People love the wings and the howl and roar. I have one character with wings, and I'm sparce with roar and howl, but the new emotions and actions are not missed on me either, in fact, I love them. I love everything that's been added.
I think Kovu hasn't got a clear mind, it's either he's feeling too pressured or not feeling bothered at all.

Either way, I think for the players who notice and appreciate it, the running cycle with be very much appreciated, as well as a fun project even if he didn't want to work on it personally.