Author Topic: Thoughts On Wolfspeak?  (Read 24122 times)

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts On Wolfspeak?
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2012, 01:48:34 pm »
I hate it, half the words they use don't mean what they think they do, why would pillars mean legs? and how is it a wolfie word? I don't mind 'optics' for eyes, I hate fae and banner. For me the words has to at least have something to do with what they're referring too.

I had someone in my RP that was that bad we just could not understand a word he was saying.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2012, 07:00:27 pm »
I do not encourage wolfspeak in my RPs. Actually, it's been banned in my pack because of an experience that was quite ammusing, but annoying at the same time. Someone was trying to explain there was an intruder, but he used obsessive wolfspeak and we never did figure out where the intruder was or who it was because of that. I thought it would make my members more understandable.

Offline Doylj

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 03:53:13 am »
Very rarely I will use orbs for eyes, and only then it's because I want to put emphasis on my char's eyes. If that makes any sense. xD
"Loss stared down the intruder. Her strange eyes appeared to be nothing more than amethyst orbs in the moonlight."

I shamelessly use the word alphess, because I think it is a term everyone understands (and I think it sounds cooler than female alpha). xD

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 04:56:14 am »
'Alphess' though I hate the word I think is acceptable, I'd not use it myself, but the 'ess' part makes it understandable since 'ess' is on most female related words like lioness, princess.. Mistress.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 08:31:30 am »
Of all the wolfspeak words I've come across, "alphess" is by far the least offensive. I even used it myself before I even knew what wolfspeak was XD it makes sense, unlike much of the vocabulary.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 11:47:31 am »
I actually thought 'alphess' was a proper term because people used it so often. xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)