Author Topic: *sigh* Really, guys?(Share your hilarious den claimer experiences here!)  (Read 17624 times)

Offline Fellthefox

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Fell!
    • View Profile
Re: *sigh* Really, guys?
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:03 pm »
Got in an argument with someone who was claiming caves by "marking territory". They kept attacking any one that close. The reason for the marking was "because Im a real wolf". Well sir, real wolves also eat their own scat, are we going to see you do that too? Xb It got bad and several people blocked each other.
<3

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 05:26:23 pm »
I dunno, I tend to be passive about it all... I mean, if I'm alone, and in some place that tends to be a big location for packs to RP, and some pack comes along, I don't have a problem leaving... they just want to RP without any strangers around, I'm cool with that. I can see where the problem would be with two different packs coming and trying to RP at the same place, but seriously, how hard is it for one group to just go somewhere else, it's not like it's not a big enough place. Also, anyone who simply goes around looking for groups to harass them... I think that just about the same immaturity as the den-claimers themselves... I mean, seriously, going and looking for trouble? That's the mods jobs ain't it, simply going and egging people on... now that's just dumb.... sorry. I dunno... I really do tend to be passive and quite nice about it all... which is why I tend to stick to groups with their own maps, less hassle. :)

Agreed. If you are provoking it, then you really can't get them in trouble sense you were asking for it. I must admit before I rp in a den I just sit down and mind my own buisness to see if it's a safe group to rp around. Yesterday me and my friend were rping peacefully on top of that rock everyone LOOOOVES to den-claim so much and no one was there. Suddenly we had some wolf run up saying the territory was private and for his pack only. He sent my friend a request and tried to kick me out. e.e I looked up the pack and it had no members besides the leader and one other wolf who was not online. What a map-hogger. Me and my friend just stated that the map and every area in it was public, and went back to rping. We got him to leave us alone by minding our own buisness and not engaging in his little argument.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 05:31:05 pm »
Just let them do it until they block you. I had this ALOOOOOOOOOOT when I am on my pup characters, doing weird stuff to the adoption center person.

But really, if it doesnt work, JUST SAY GET OUT NEWB!

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 06:04:02 pm »
Oui vei.
I just ignore them or block whoever's doing the whining.
Seriously, it's so immature.

But this rarely occurs, because I usually chat and roleplay in private maps. So in the event that someone tries to whine to me that I'm in their territory, in a public map, I just say "You're getting yourself into more trouble than I am." And ignore them.

I'd be amused to find someone report me for being in their territory that they so wrongfully claimed, I guess I should throw it out there.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 08:20:48 pm »
Just happened again, but this time it was the "Oh, I'm just trying to protect my pack." This was after I had walked in, not said anything, and lay down in the back of the cave not threatening or attacking anyone XD then after abusing me for a while, that alpha was like "Well, I guess you could join..." Yeah, I reeeeally want to join after that. Dumb fool.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 09:25:06 pm »
The territory claimers are really getting on my nerves more than ever lately... its like when we write posts like this in the forums they start doing it more than ever in game. I usually just try to ignore those silly people nut man can it be annoying when you have lion butts shaking all in your face or snarling angry wolves etc chasing you around in a cave when you just want to sit down or RP with friends. Worst is when the territory claimers say that they are just RPing... I never agreed to it :P If they want to fight about territory in RP they should state it as you enter and ask you if you want to RP a fight if not leave the people alone sheesh... This is a free public game with public maps. Why build hostility everywhere?

Offline Nowe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Turn forever Hand in Hand~
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Elements
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »
It really isn't something to get upset over it happens all the time with young immature players who just Don't get why you can't claim dens from either not reading the rules or just thinking your Auto Role Playing when you approach them. The simple thing to do is just remind em "hey look I know your wanting territory and all but, every user has a right to be in this map since its public youd be better off asking "Intruders" to Polity leave.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 03:31:55 am »
What part of "public" can people not understand?! I don't know how they can't get that in their heads!! If they want to play the game, and be a civil member of the community, then they should start by reading the rules...

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:54 am »
Yet again, everyone XD
This time my pack and I were peacefully chatting in one corner of the den, when this tiny lil' feline comes up and starts raging at us to leave because it's "His den". I said what I always say, the whole "Public map, nobody owns it" thing, but it didn't help that my packmates played along with him :/ ah well, I tried.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 07:36:05 pm »
Oh, and again :P this time, the claimer said they would report us XD for what? NOT claiming the den?