Author Topic: The Book of Glitches: Volume 1.02 & 1.03  (Read 18173 times)

hyenachow

Re: The Book of Glitches: Volume 1.02 & 1.03
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 10:24:08 pm »
Theres a glitch in Bonfire Island where people fall through the center of the map, but when they run they 'click' back to ground level.

I'm going to see if I can grab a picture of the glitch.

Edit:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:29:01 pm by hyenachow »

hyenachow

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:19 pm »
   Found more glitches. (i feel like a tattling child >Xb)
Boxy
this one is VERY slight, but I'm picky about things.

in the first the body is more of a rectangle in the second the neck gets a curve.

The reflection of a waterfall shows up in the water but when you slide in it dissapears

the rock at the middle top of the unclimbable falls well, I swam into and got stuck

at the bottom of the falls I found an invisa-shelf.

edit: upon jumping like a madman in the cave on the Bonfire island I was shot through the cave wall and off the hill. like a pinball. XD

Edit2: found another Xb

I went through the bonfire island cave wall XD
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:30:46 pm by hyenachow »

Offline Blixemi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 11:23:53 pm »
For me, sometimes when I'm spinning the camera, and I go to type the camera takes control and spins and spins and spins until I end up having to log out and back in again. It's nothing terrible, but it urks me when I'm constantly having to log out because of dizziness. xD

weylin

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 12:07:33 am »
There's a glitch my friend has. Objects aren't behaving as solids to him, he just runs right through them, and other times, flies to the top of an impossibly steep wall.

He had some frame rate issues, so maybe the collisions get goofed up because he goes so far between frames.

KovuLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 05:57:35 pm »
i really like how you've given each bug a title LOL

okay here's a summary of what's going on:

@in the first the body is more of a rectangle in the second the neck gets a curve:
this is not a bug, the models have reduced poly when looked from further, this reduces lag, i may increase this distance.

@The reflection of a waterfall shows up in the water but when you slide in it dissapears:
this is not really a bug, the reflection can only be shown on one layer of water at a time, so i update it according to which one the camera is nearest to.

@All the collision problems:
yes, this IS a bug, and it's a very hard one to fix. Mesh collision is extremely new (you don't see that in IT yea?) and it's a system that i wrote on my own completely, so it's gonna be far from perfect for a good while.

@Bottoms up glitch:
yes, noted and has been fixed in the next coming patch.

@Earpaint glitch:
this should be solved in the current patch 1.03, lemme know if it still shows up.

@Rubber neck:
XD i dunno what to do with this LOL

Offline Wildcat26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • "And I'm nothin', nothin' without you..." <3
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 07:03:08 am »
Looking forward to the rock glitches and the water reflect getting fixed those are quite annoying. XD
I need to check the "ear paint" one as I had trouble with it.

As for the "rubber neck" I don't think this needs to be fixed at all. It is great for a snapped neck dead look, or just funny screenshots. You don't get stuck in it, it doesn't affect other players and you actually HAVE to try to get your head in the right position. I think it's fun and should be kept. JMO :3
Livestream FH mapmaking!
OFFLINE!
MyMaps- http://tinyurl.com/WildsMaps
Wanna know what Happen to me? CLICK! HideNseek Group->http://tinyurl.com/HnSGroup MapMaking Tutorials-http://tinyurl.com/MapTuts

TealSkeletore

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 07:22:45 am »
I got something that was a bit like the Ear Paint glitch, except it appeared on my character's tail tip. It's visible in my current signature, can you see how the stripes on the tail tip are green while the markings are actually meant to be light blue?

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 02:28:51 pm »
Here's another small one~

If you stand in the right place by the waterfall ledge, you can stand on the ground and the pool of water behind you vanishes!

It's a little tricky to get the positioning right, but I've done it on two characters thus far.

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 07:17:37 pm »
Not a glitch.  You're standing just shy of being in the path of the water-plane and falling off the ledge. The water-reflect material is transparent from underneath if you are not actually in the water to trigger the under-water materials.

Unless the water-plane is over 6000 wide...then it's a partial glitch (the standing part but not the transparent water part).

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 07:20:42 pm »
Well yes, technically it can't be called a glitch. But if we were getting technical then the rubber neck and disappearing reflections wouldn't be either. :D