Poll

What do you think of a Dice Roller chat command in game?

On the fence
2 (15.4%)
I don't care
0 (0%)
I would really enjoy it
4 (30.8%)
I would appreciate it as way to curb godmoding
2 (15.4%)
This is a Freeform, so no.
3 (23.1%)
I don't know any systems
0 (0%)
I would like this feature added, but I wouldn't use it.
0 (0%)
I don't think enough people know any systems.
1 (7.7%)
Yes: other reason
0 (0%)
No: other reason
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: [Moved thread] Dice roller chat command  (Read 2134 times)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
[Moved thread] Dice roller chat command
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:34:16 pm »
First of all, I would like to apologize for misposting. If there is a way to delete posts, plz tell me.

Okay, just kindof an off the wall idea. Note that I have permitted 2 votes per user, in case multiple responses apply. Basically, players would have to use their bio for stats and preferred system. Just some pluses and minuses I can think of include:

+:
1) It would be a simple addition to the commands/chat box (as in no major world changes) that would likely be unnoticed by those that do not wish to use it, but could be a valuable addition to those that can make use of it.
2) As mentioned above, if players insist that other characters only interact with them based on a structured system, it could curb the powerplaying, which I have heard numerous complaints about.
3) Since jumping/athletics is/are already covered and no NPCs are present, it would simplify whatever system was used a lot. (See point 3 for the downside of this).

-:
1) Since most of the resident users are used to freeform, IDK how easy the transition would be.
2) I fear that very few people know of any RPG systems.
3) The only system that I know that directly applies to canines is the DAWGs system (d100 engine), which I have rarely heard about. We might actually need our own system, though I certainly hope not.

EDIT: I have been thinking about this further, and actually a very crude, easy to learn combat system should work out. For example, something like this:
Chance to hit: 1-100
Chance to dodge: 1-100
Attack dmg: 1-100
health: 1-100
Toughness (armor): 1-100
Theoretically, you wouldn't even need turns. just set a time limit as to how long until each character can attack again, and how long you must wait to let the other person roll defense. These of course would have to be agreed upon before the battle begins. If a player fails to roll defense, the attack automatically hits, and dmg is dealt.

Not saying it has to work this way, but just an example of how crude a system I think we could get away with.
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline safarirun123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sexy *_* _IWANNALIVEINLANDOFLOTRTABLEFLIP_
    • View Profile
Re: [Moved thread] Dice roller chat command
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:36:33 pm »
Awesome... idea <3
~             ~  * ~    Crystal   ~ * ~          ~

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 01:16:30 am »
I aswell like the idea.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:06:11 pm »
Glad to see some support for my idea. I am actually curious: neither of you two seem concerned about having a consistant system. Why?
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 03:02:39 am »
Corrected a typo. "I would appreciate IT AS a way to curb godmodding"