Author Topic: My preset body texture won't fit the preset body!  (Read 1403 times)

Offline SunstarTivio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • You can call me Tivio ^.^
    • View Profile
My preset body texture won't fit the preset body!
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:30:09 pm »
I'm making a preset. I am not using the textures that the game came with. I am using these head, body, and tail markings for a wolf that I downloaded. They are a realistic wolf texture  and the head copied and pasted right in. The body texture however won't. It will seem as if it is a Zoom in of the texture and it shows the guide lines, but not my markings. Please help! Thanks!
Signature by Me! ~Tivio

XxInsaneAsylumxX

Re: My preset body texture won't fit the preset body!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:32:46 pm »
Its happened to me, and after some fiddling around with everything, I found that I forgot to remove the guidelines when I was done. Maybe thats your problem, maybe if you remake the body, that is if youve got the time, and remove the guidelines, maybe it will fix it.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:44:25 am »
Hmm weird problem and well I am not too sure what to do in this case. Maybe make sure that both the image for the preset body and texture have a dimension of 512 x 512. Also if your textures are not showing through the preset and you're using GIMP maybe trying watching this tutorial starting from around 10:44 ish just in case you're having trouble with texture and layering etc. Make sure you also mulitiplied the textures and maybe didn't accidentally use some other kind of layering setting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DEGw3-gbCyE
I hope something we said here works... goodluck and sorry that I can not provide you with maybe a more specific solution D;

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »
This happens to me as well D;

Offline SunstarTivio

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:29:52 pm »
Thank you all for the help! I have redone the body over 4 times, and i think it is just the texture of the body. Because, the head texture went right in, and so did the tail. I am absolutely sure that i am copying and pasting the textures right, i also know i am deleting the guide line, and setting the mode to multiply. Something is indeed wrong with the texture.
Signature by Me! ~Tivio

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »
Hey Jordyn if you like you can send me the preset files as well as the texture files and I can try and see if I can figure out the problem and fix it for you. If I can fix it I'll send you the new files :)

Offline SunstarTivio

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 08:54:24 pm »
Thanks a bunch, but I said "Screw it" yesterday and I finished my preset bye hand drawing the texture. LOL:P I appreciate your offer though! if i need any help with any other presets that i do, i will come to you. Also, can I ask how you get a picture like yours to show up after everything you say? lol i cant figure it out when editing my profile.
Signature by Me! ~Tivio

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 10:59:32 pm »
Here is how to add a picture to that little bottom part of your posts:

1. Get your desired picture uploaded onto wwwBannedImageSite or www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com
2. Once it's done uploading, right click the image and click "Copy image URL"
3. On this site click where it says Profile
4. On the screen that follows click Forum Profile Information
5. In the signature box, type:
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]
6. Then in between the[ image ] [ image ] brackets paste the image url by right clicking between the brackets and then clicking paste, or by clicking in between them and pressing Ctrl and V at the same time.

Hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:03:53 pm by LordSuragaha »