Author Topic: Humans in FeralHeart  (Read 19422 times)

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
Humans in FeralHeart
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:59:03 am »
Time for me to make another post here. As far as I can see, no one else has brought this subject up.

The topic this time: Human rps. They seem to be very popular in bonfire (along with horses and TLK).
Personally, I don't get why some people find it enjoyable to rp as a human, besides the obvious "Its an animal game" argument. I just dont get it. .-.
That's all I really have to say on the subject.

Anybody else care to weigh in here?

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Humans in FeralHeart
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:49:49 am »
I agree with you totally. I think Rping as a human takes the fun put of an animal character in FeralHeart. I guess some of the people don't get the idea of what the game is mean for, or that the game was mean for animals. If people knew the game was made was made so you could play as that character you never got to play as, or always wanted to be.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline FighterWolf399

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:52:03 am »
I agree it makes no sense, but I guess they think the whole vampire and werewolf and shape shifter thing is cool. Slydragon is right

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:54:15 am »
There are games where people can play as humans, this just happens to be a game where you play as animals. So why play as an animal playing as a human that can transform into an animal?...:/

You are amazing <3

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:02:18 am »
Exactly. The game was made for humans to play as animals...but....Meh. Other way around.

(Bloo, +floof)

art by dearhunters on da

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 03:31:34 am »
Well, in my own knowledge, there isn't a MMO social game out on the internet that allows users to be humans and has roleplaying as their main goal (unless you want to count Second Life, IMVU, etc but they're more for chatting and dressing up game *Bleh*..) What we make out of the game can be anything despite what avatars we're given. If no one is to complain about Slenderman, anime characters, vampires, werewolves, why complain about a human rp? It is seemingly new and fresh unlike the multiple Warriors rps out there and can bring in some depth and amazing presets (but this is my imagination speaking for itself.) Let people be what they want to be.

@StereoKitty: I'm not sure if you were asking a rhetorical question regarding why roleplaying as a human enjoyable is but to answer that, here you go. Unlike how most people roleplay as animals to be three dimensional, that isn't a normal animal complex, it's a human. Allow me to elaborate, humans are capable of have complicated and meaningful thoughts that actually makes sense. However, the majority of roleplayers apply this sort of mind into animals and discarding their own kind.

I am in no way trying to argue anything here but that is why humans are enjoyable, the emotions they can range yet still be realistic because we are capable of it. It's no difference when roleplayers applies this formula of thought onto animals because it is makes it seem that the characters are humans covered with animal skin.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:42:33 am »
Couple words......... It's just people wanting to be creative

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 04:41:31 am »
@Soaring and Silver:

I know it's people wanting to be creative. But..it is an animal game, made specifically to roleplay as canines and felines.
Even with the ability to make presets, the human characters don't turn out to look much like humans. .-.
And there are many games out there (and many sites) where you can make a 3D human character and modify it all you want, like Zwinky or IMVU.

And..how to explain this..why would you want to make a human character, when you're already living life as "man"?
I know part of it is because people want to see what it would be like to be someone else, to escape their own life for a while. Another part is probably because of some fanbase, they enjoy roleplaying based on a book or tv show they've seen. But I think this game was geared more towards living as an animal, even when the animal is given human personification, y'know?

And as a note: I'm not complaining, just looking for answers. Sorry if my original post seemed a bit blunt or complaintive.

Offline Turrent

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Lu-Pe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 07:24:14 am »
But I think this game was geared more towards living as an animal

Go to the Home page. Look at the big text saying "Why are we here?" Read it. Or not. I'll just post it here.
"We are here to have fun, make friends and have a taste of the good life outside reality! You could see FeralHeart as a big 3D-chat, roleplaygame or just adventure."

So, generally, the main purpose of FH was to be, like that text says, a "Big 3D-Chat". If people want to make humans or horses; let them. I haven't heard any of the game makers complain about it.. And it's not as if it's breaking any of the game rules.

So.. Really.. If people keep complaining about this, then the Admins will be forced to do something horrible (again. :I) like make a strict rule that if you get caught playing as anything else other then a feline or canine, you'll get a warning or something. Think about it. People will either get mad; or just quit out of bordem. The FH community will die down.. And FH would probably die. All over a silly little argument.

The AIM of this game is to "have fun, make friends and have a taste of the good life outside reality!". If people have fun, and make more friends when they play as a human.. Then let them. :V
Yours truly,
      ~Ketchup

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 06:58:10 pm »
Human RP's.
It's reality.