Author Topic: Humans in FeralHeart  (Read 19421 times)

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
Re: Humans in FeralHeart
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 03:02:46 am »
Well, in my own knowledge, there isn't a MMO social game out on the internet that allows users to be humans and has roleplaying as their main goal (unless you want to count Second Life, IMVU, etc but they're more for chatting and dressing up game *Bleh*..) What we make out of the game can be anything despite what avatars we're given. If no one is to complain about Slenderman, anime characters, vampires, werewolves, why complain about a human rp? It is seemingly new and fresh unlike the multiple Warriors rps out there and can bring in some depth and amazing presets (but this is my imagination speaking for itself.) Let people be what they want to be.

@StereoKitty: I'm not sure if you were asking a rhetorical question regarding why roleplaying as a human enjoyable is but to answer that, here you go. Unlike how most people roleplay as animals to be three dimensional, that isn't a normal animal complex, it's a human. Allow me to elaborate, humans are capable of have complicated and meaningful thoughts that actually makes sense. However, the majority of roleplayers apply this sort of mind into animals and discarding their own kind.

I am in no way trying to argue anything here but that is why humans are enjoyable, the emotions they can range yet still be realistic because we are capable of it. It's no difference when roleplayers applies this formula of thought onto animals because it is makes it seem that the characters are humans covered with animal skin.

You deserve a nuzzle for this comment, Soaring.

StereoKitty, I kind of agree with you about human rps being weird in a game centered around canines and felines, but I don't see any harm in it. It's just people being creative with the models. I personally would like to see more animal models in-game, but since we definitely aren't getting new animal models, we improvise with the models we have.

And why wouldn't people want to rp as humans? Humans are pretty cool animals to rp as, I think.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 06:00:23 am »
People just like to take the models as something else and pretend. I have some characters that are nor canine or feline.

I don't RP as a human because I don't seem to have fun when. =P

(Short post compared to other posts lol)

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 06:14:30 pm »
Lol.. I know what you're getting at, but it really isn't all that bad. In fact, one of my characters is Mello from Death Note. Although, I made him be a wolf in my RP, and not human, but still. In my character's backstory, he was ONCE human, until he turned into a wolf, which is how I play him. XD
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Rainbowfur

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • cut my life into pizzas this is my plastic fork
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 08:06:41 pm »
Thank you for bringing this up, I have had thoughts on this for some time now. In my opinion, I think it is ok if they want to rp as humans. But, why use Feralheart, the animal rp/chat game to roleplay as humans? why not just go to a free online human rp game?
I understand some people call these players "creative" and "having an imagination", I'm not saying they aren't, but I think that all that "Transforming into animals, or having a human family" in a feline and canine game is ridiculous.
I also agree that these players have friends on FH that they human rp with. I just find it well, weird, to see that kind of rp in the chat pane of an animal game.

Now I have no problem with characters that aren't feline nor canine, and are perhaps some other four-legged thing, but humans? Just...no. Additionally, If I have offended the person reading this, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to "shoot you down" or be mean. It's my opinion :|
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:10:52 pm by Rainbowfur »
profile pic by me
mapmaker/preset maker
PM me for commissions^^

Offline LightWaves

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29:37 am »
i dont see the point of humans in this game. humans dont have four legs, do they?? werewolves in WOLF form seems okay to me and horses, but humans?? in an animal game?? thats messed up -.-
Gotta get dem maps finished :U

Am I pretty yet? :D
                                ~Ghost~

Offline -FoxHeart-

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shoot-For-The-Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:58 am »
Haha, I've seen human Rp's on Feral~Heart and yeah it is odd because this game is for wolves and lions. :P
Kizza <3

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 12:26:01 pm »
I agree with Alex, it's based on a ANIMAL game and yeah I saw human rps of Feralheart too before I moved in my house and it was creepy! x3

Offline galania

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 12:29:02 pm »
whats weird: rping out births i don't care who you what your playing weather you say it's natural: it is gross disgusting and it may be apart of life but it's not appropriate to rp out under any circumstances please timeskip it. i'm tired of going on the game and watching some of you wolf users and cat user giving birth to cubs kits and pups. and i'm tried of people like yourselves calling people like me creepy for rping the opposite gender too. i'm also tried of people who hold these views above making comments that offend not only myself but others as well.

in extremist views: an extremist would agree with you and say only wolves and lions should be allowed as characters and that would surely anger alot of people. o3o

games mentioned by rainbowfur are not free

Angela and Alex you two are insanely rude: thank you for calling half of fh messed up and creepy that was wrong of both of you and there for you shouldn't have said it.

stop calling us messed up and creepy it's offensive and you shouldn't have said it i'm rather angry that you did and hope you two realize that calling us creepy or messed is rude. your acting as though rping as humans or mythical creatures makes us mental?

So you may also be holding view when you have friends who may also hold different view just think about it. would you really want to risk offending friend with view like that. o3o i'm sure alot of people are reading this thread and going o3o wow really thats so wrong or thats so right or thats something i agree with. which is fine as long as you don't go saying we don't belong here. think about the lion king kovu being told he didn't belong there and was chased and exiled after asking for forgiveness

i do not respect people for callign anyone messed or creepy and please think about your posts cause you guys are getting offensive please think before you post.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:19:26 pm by skyblade »

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 12:54:52 pm »
You all make very good points, but I believe in letting people do what they want. If it really bugs someone then block them, heck I have over 50 people blocked. But I think that if the human Rps take it into party or group, it would be okay. If you ask them to stop and they don't, tell your group to turn off local and RP in your group or your party. I just don't see why it's just a big deal. Actually read some of their Rps and maybe you will understand why they do what they do.  :-\ (Read this the best that you can. Not a good writer at seven in the morning. -Bleh-). 
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:55 pm »
I can sort of understand why some people will make human characters and RP as one, especially in Bonfire. I guess it's so they can interact with peoples' horse or dog characters but in a human way rather than an animalistic way. Although that doesn't really make sense to me, that could be one of the reasons people do it.
Personally, I think making a human character is a bit odd, considering that the game is animal based and that we are humans in real life and behave like humans in real life. I imagine a game like this is to escape for a while from the mundane human lives that we lead? Why would want to behave like a human in a game when you have the opportunity to behave like any animal you want?
Just seems weird to me.
Oh, and then there's what the human chars look like; ridiculous. Canine, tailless, short muzzles, back ears, orangey pinky coloured pelts, and a different colour chimera markings (supposedly resembling clothes.) This is what the typical human character looks like:

People...you can do better than this!  :o

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)