Author Topic: Why do you Nuzzle?  (Read 16689 times)

Offline .Revolution.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • "I've forgotten how beautiful the moonlight is."<3
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Why do you Nuzzle?
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:23:52 pm »
Okay so this might sound a bit noob-ish, but I just recently got access to my Floof O' Meter! I've been nuzzling like crazy today. If I like what you said, if I like your name, if I like your signature, all of that.  So tell me this, floofs. Why do you nuzzle? Do you like their name, what they said, or their signature. Tell me why you nuzzzzllleee~!. cB

{EDIT: I read most of your reasons, and I didn't mean for ^ to sound so petty. Lol. I nuzzle for your reasons, too. Like someone being kind, respectful, helpful, etc. Someone that goes out of their way (Quoted) to help someone. So, yeah. It did sound pretty pathetic.}
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:10:00 am by Revolution. »

Ingame as: .Revolut ion.
Penguins

JackobLoveu

Re: Why do you Nuzzle?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »
I nuzzle because for there hard working, like on the map or a preset, because the work is fantastic! And very detailed, and that makes happy. So I give them a nuzzle for there diligence.

Another reason I nuzzle another people because they help me out, when im having trouble with something, and im thankful for that c:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:30:23 pm by Thrillex »

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 08:36:33 pm »
The reasons why I nuzzle are the same as Thrillex.I consider it as the best reward that you can offer to a person that really worked hard on something or that helped much.Or I might give everyone nuzzles because of a special event like Christmas,New Year etc.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:41:28 pm by ~FuzzletheFox~ »

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »
Well, nuzzling is there to show someone your appreciation of them. And it's made a little more exciting by the fact that the nuzzles we get are anonymous.
I nuzzle people on their helpfulness, generosity, kindness, commitment and effort.
I think nuzzling people for the sake of it, or because you like them or their name, signature or whatever, kind of defeats the point of the floof-o-meter; it shows us how much floof a user has got because of their kindness and helpfulness, and other possitive things towards the community.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 10:00:43 pm »
I nuzzle people when I had help and it worked, I nuzzle them. When someone's really nice I nuzzle them also of what art/maps/stories etc.

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 10:03:28 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't nuzzle much..... well at all actually.

~~~Maybe I would if my Floof-O-Meter was a little higher~~~

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:36 pm »
NUZZLE TIME FERAL!

Demonic_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29:44 am »
Awhaha Feral. xD

Same as Feral, I don't nuzzle people much. I might start sometime... I don't know, I really never notice the Floof-O-Meter # most of the time..

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 01:55:51 am »
I nuzzle those who are helpful towards others (not to me as I avoid the Help Thread), those who are opinionated (even if they disagree with me) but are far more evidence and show passion towards the subject and their ideals, and anything related to the elements of harmony (/shot).

However, I disapprove of the Floof-O'-Meter towards the matter how you must trust others and if the person with the more floof has their opinion more weighted in importance with someone lower. Most of those helped in the Help Thread rarely get any nuzzling seeing as how the majority of the users I see only have 10 or less posts and just leave as they only want to relieve help. In a scenario, some may get nuzzled out of self pity (etc etc.) and if what I say above plays into the fact, it wouldn't be fair.

Well those are my two cents,

-SoaringAway.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:40 am »
I think nuzzling people for the sake of it, or because you like them or their name, signature or whatever, kind of defeats the point of the floof-o-meter; it shows us how much floof a user has got because of their kindness and helpfulness, and other possitive things towards the community.

I'll just reiterate what Flob said really. The nuzzles are rewards for someone who is kind and helpful to the whole community. I don't like to just give out free nuzzles not even to friends. The reason the Floof meter is there in my opinion is to show the members who are really engaged, active, helpful, polite, and good examples for the community. Not to say that those with lower "floof" are any less better of an example because it's just a number really like likes on facebook but I'd like to believe that those users I do see with exceptionally high floof are very dependable and trustworthy not just people who have been given high karma for the heck of it now.

Therefore I only floof people who:
-  work hard to help around the forum and in game (even if it means taking some time from their day to go the extra mile to help)
- are respectful to other users mods/admin alike
- patient and not rude or sarcastic with users who insist on asking many questions or overally discussed topics
- interested in the community & take part in activities
- creative and share their creativity with other users (example presets meshes etc)
- generous & not expecting anything in return (making signatures, presets, maps etc)
- welcoming & friendly to others especially new comers and not just nice to their specific group of friends or mods only
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:16:04 am by LordSuragaha »