Author Topic: Wolf Named Coda's Rants: Neons  (Read 4605 times)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
Wolf Named Coda's Rants: Neons
« on: May 18, 2013, 02:08:23 am »
Hello everyfloof, if you have not met me, i'm Coda. I usually go by on the username on Feralheart "Wolf Named Coda". I am mostly in Flourite or Ficho, mostly Flourite.
Anyway, lets get started. I decided that I wanted to talk about neon trolls. Lets get started, shall we?
Bonfire. Home of the illiterate, dancing, neons. You see them as neons pups at adoption center, random neon pups with wings, random wolves that are neon and shake their butts and then they have too much Mountain Dew, ALL OF THAT.
I understand its a character where you can CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER. But too much neon and bright colors can hurt the average human eye very badly. Why am I making a rant like this? I do not want people's eyes to hurt and young floofs to be hurt.
Hopefully, this will ease the neons. But thats just a lesson.
Have a nice day/weekend ~Wolf Named Coda / codacc

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf Named Coda's Rants: Neons
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 03:39:39 am »
Neon isn't necessarily bad; I've some extraordinarily flamboyant, though seriously roleplayed, characters myself. Most of the Skullen characters have outrageous colour-schemes! Even then, there are people who push the character creator to extreme lengths...!

I think it's purely down to personal taste, really! Whereas the trolls you described well and truly deserve to remain firmly hidden away in the depths of your block list, I've seen some people who seriously enjoy their neon, colour-clashing character! Some folk might find such extravagant colouration painful to look at but, to them, it might be their picturesque vision of gorgeous! In such an expansive world, it's inevitable that different people will have different tastes. As cliche as the saying is, 'beauty's in the eye of the beholder'; what's an eyesore to you may be a masterpiece to another.

In short, polite neons are perfectly fine-- though trolls certainly are not. If neon's their thing, and if they enjoy it, all the more power to them (providing it's not hurting anyone in the process or breaking rules, of course). :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:42:01 am by Nemena »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 05:03:12 am »
Hello everyfloof, if you have not met me, i'm Coda. I usually go by on the username on Feralheart "Wolf Named Coda". I am mostly in Flourite or Ficho, mostly Flourite.
Anyway, lets get started. I decided that I wanted to talk about neon trolls. Lets get started, shall we?
Bonfire. Home of the illiterate, dancing, neons. You see them as neons pups at adoption center, random neon pups with wings, random wolves that are neon and shake their butts and then they have too much Mountain Dew, ALL OF THAT.
I understand its a character where you can CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER. But too much neon and bright colors can hurt the average human eye very badly. Why am I making a rant like this? I do not want people's eyes to hurt and young floofs to be hurt.
Hopefully, this will ease the neons. But thats just a lesson.
Have a nice day/weekend ~Wolf Named Coda / codacc

Trolls can be annoying period whether they are neon or not but neons in general... I don't know why people fuss so much about it. Many people create characters that in some way reflect themselves. People with neon characters are often no different than someone with lighter/darker or more natural colors. Some people who run around on neon characters aren't necessarily trolls but rather eccentric people with very colorful personalities. Most often these users are very young kids who are simply expressing their youthful exuberance  through their brightly colored characters. Why shut that off or dim it? I find every person's character unique in its own special way and as a member of not only this diverse community but also a culturally diverse city I believe that more people should learn to embrace and respect everyones differences.

When it comes to the sight issues there's not much of a valid claim that these colors hurt peoples eyes in any extreme way anyway and even if so then just look away. Simple as that really. I would hate to see some user writing a post similar to this but talking about realistic character colors and saying their too dull or something. Truth is there'd be no difference between that or this. I respect your opinion Coda but honestly this post just does not seem considerate to people who might love their neon character. If I was one of those people reading this I'd probably feel a bit singled out. Just step back and try to look at this from their point of view.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:07:51 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 12:20:43 pm »
Trolls aren't always neon, but yeah I do often see a neon wolf or lion with a big stupid grin on it's face buttswinging it's way into my direction.
But neon colours don't bother me. I actually get more annoyed when a character has bright colours and someone has to caps "MY EYES. OUCH. THEY BURN!" Seriously, it does not need to be done. I actually like some bright colours. As always, sometimes the haters can be worse then thing they hate.

Wynterr X

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 03:17:48 pm »
Although I've not been in game yet (gotta wait for my laptop that wont crash when I open it >.<) I've seen some really pretty pictures of neons! However, going too far with it can get a little irritating, and, what Nathan said, haters are really annoying when it comes to almost anything ^_^

I actually like neons, as they are usually to reflect the person playing's personality. It could be their fursona, and if someone came up to someone else's fursona and started yelling "OWWWH! MAH EYEZ!" then I think that person would get very annoyed at them. :3

LordSuragaha made a good point too. I think we'd all be annoyed if someone made a rant about "boring natural colors," so I think it's great to have both naturally-colored and neon-colored characters in FH. :D

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 06:12:27 pm »
There is nothing wrong with characters with neon colors. The only neon characters I have a problem with are the ones that actually go around trolling other people. I've seen a few neon ranibow characters go around harrassing people, and then I've seen some who are just going along with roleplaying. The roleplaying ones really don't bother me at all. As far as the neon Mate Centers and Adoption Centers go, they don't bother me either. As long as they are not trolling around or breaking any rules, I have no problem with them.

Sure, bright neon colors might be an eye sore. But if they are, just don't look at them. If the trolling neon wolf or lion comes over to bother you in an offensive way (buttswinging and such) just block them.
And like a few others said before, not all trolls decorate themselves with bright neon colors. I've seen dull-colored trolls too.
Inactive

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 12:10:50 am »
I agree with the above. And yeah, like also stated above, I strongly, deeply, intensely, dislike when people say, "OUCH MY EYES! IT'S SO BRIGHT! KILL IT!!!" Those people are just being jerks. They also do that when someone caps spams in general, or something of the like. I mean seriously... It doesn't really hurt your eyes, and I'm sure if it did you wouldn't be caring about typing out your complaints! You'd be looking away or moving your camera somewhere else. But also, to be honest, I don't care if people critize if I have a neon character, or a dull character, because in the end it doesn't matter. xD

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 02:53:31 am »
I've learned to get used to the neons, because really, if you think about it they're everywhere.

...I strongly, deeply, intensely, dislike when people say, "OUCH MY EYES! IT'S SO BRIGHT! KILL IT!!!" Those people are just being jerks. They also do that when someone caps spams in general, or something of the like. I mean seriously... It doesn't really hurt your eyes...

What? Everyone computer has different brightness levels. If your computer has high brightness levels then it WILL damage your eyes. Want proof? I played computer everyday last summer and my computer had high brightness. After the summer my eyesight was worse because I could no longer see the white board clearly at school and that's exactly why I now have contacts -_-

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 11:57:16 am »
I actually encountered a 'neon' in  fluorite while my wolf pack was advertising. I was just sitting there, making my charrie look around, when a wolf with rainbow tie and bracelets, and rainbow bubble, with wings appears in  front of our group and flies around. Everyone started screaming OH GOD MY EYES DX and eventually the person left, but only removed the bubble. The tie and bracelets weren't 'powerful' enough to harm our eyes. But we told them to leave since they harmed our eyes anyhow. They left, and everyone was fine after a few eye rubs.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:47:13 pm by Dunastar »

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 05:59:34 pm »
I actually encountered a 'neon' in  fluorite while my wolf pack was advertising. I was just sitting there, making my charrie look around, when a wolf with rainbow tie and bracelets, and rainbow bubble, with wings appears in  front of our group and flies around. Everyone started screaming OH GOD MY EYES DX and eventually the person left, but only removed the bubble. The tie and bracelets were 'powerful' enough to harm our eyes. But we told them to leave since they harmed our eyes anyhow. They left, and everyone was fine after a few eye rubs.

Doing that is fine as long as it actually hurts your eyes, if it doesn't hurt your eyes then you have no right what so ever to do that.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.