Author Topic: Too realistic?  (Read 7097 times)

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Too realistic?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 03:38:10 am »
They aren't stupid for having preferences. The pride was realistic as you said. And like others have said it's not possible for a boar to mate with a lion, so that deems your character to be unrealistic. They had a valid reason to deny you from the roleplay.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 03:47:23 am »
Even though I've never really encountered anything as such, I've heard about it happening to many players. Now, I can understand if one would reject another if one of them has regulations they must follow; like how a mapped Rp is nowadays. However, I find no excuse in thrashing out to another member just because they might be a bit different. That's just discrimination. It's best to handle it all OOC, explaining why they can't join and if they wish to do so, then let them make a few tweaks to their character to meet the regulations and then bam, you can accept them. No harm done, no insults (hopefully), etc. We can all be civil here.
Like Warrior has stated way, way, before me; nearly everyone these days are more semi-realistic to unrealistic due to the fact of ranks, amount of members in their roleplay, etc. So, all in all, those to fiercely discriminate any form of unique individual, especially if they're in a public map where neon wolves run about and flying muffins litter the sky, they're only being a tad bit hypocritical and close-minded.
Tis' just my perspective on things, however. Though, like Fatal has said before me, more than likely they are following some regulations or rules so all in all, they did have a good reason to reject you. It's best not to take it personally and move on instead of risking causing an argument.
gone

Offline Warriorwolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Crimson Sunset Recruiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 04:01:01 am »
I hate it when that happens, also I was a witness of this moment. That was seriously idiotic for the pride leader. I once was turned down from a realstic warrior cat roleplay, because they simply said I was "too blue" Even though I was more of silver.

Offline Taizer

• Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 04:12:54 am »
Why would you even attempt to join and RP you know is realistic with an unrealistic character in the first place?
Even if to you your Dartmoor mystery cat, yes I know the story of the sighting...is a 'realistic' character in your eyes, an RP that is realistic and based on natural 'boring' if you think so for sticking to what is scientifically proven, creatures, clearly is not going to accept something 'unnatural' with a pig snout, even if it is 'only  five percent.'
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 04:36:26 am »
It's the opposite going on for me. I tell 'em I'm a feliyena, or cat-hyena hybrid, and they still want me in their pack. They even called me HELOG. Even my ebony blue warrior cat was accepted. Nobody seems to have cared that Heulog wasn't even 1% wolf though. Hopefully, I won't have that problem anymore, she died.

Sir Equius

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 05:33:32 am »
I hate it when that happens, also I was a witness of this moment. That was seriously idiotic for the pride leader. I once was turned down from a realstic warrior cat roleplay, because they simply said I was "too blue" Even though I was more of silver.

D--> Just because the pride leader rejected him for not being realistic enough, it does not make him idiotic. It was his roleplay after all, he had the right to say no.
You can't please them all.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 07:36:59 pm »
Okay. They had the right to reject you, for this other reason: WHY would a lion pride want a character with a PIG SNOUT in their pride? Have you EVER seen a lion with a pig snout in real life? No.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline Kona

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 01:16:37 pm »
I understand that, I can't get into any prides just because I'm not full lion, and part Tiger (Liger) it's quite annoying. I understand they want to play realistically, but sometimes they can be really rude when saying that you can't join just because you aren't to their "standards" You have to be a purebred lion, and that's that. And then there's the people who basically turn jerkish towards Liger Prides or Tiger Streaks. (A streak is a couple of Tigers that join together for a short while but in the case of the game, a long while.) Just because it's not realistic! If it's really that bothering to you, just ignore us, you don't have to say mean things and bully just because it's not the way -YOU-(By you I mean whoever's being a jerk to the unrealistic people.) want it.

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline Runzi333

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 11:23:18 pm »
I think it might have been dumb of them but it's up to them who they want to rp with :/ would it maybe have been cool to have a hybrid? yeah it might have but that's not what they wanted that time.

it's always better to just move on.
Runzi: If it lights up and/or makes noise IT'S MINE :P

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 09:16:13 am »
So.... I guess this whole thing is about how 'Idiotic' people think 'Full on' Role Plays are.

Well! Yes I have had been rejected many times by prides but I have learn't from that, Some people want the full on realistic. So I just let them be and I carry on with the game. I do find it a bit stupid that you MUST have full on realistic and some times even FULL ON Literacy, I mean... Come on, Nobody is perfect, We are who we are and we all have our different styles and likes in a lion, Wolf or be a Dragon, Horse, Fish ect.

So where I am getting at is that people cant be the way you want them, They can do it but they wont like it. But  then what is the point of RPing if everything is Perfect and nobody enjoy's it but the creators. So, Getting it through yet again, No body is perfect everyone is unique and you are you and not what someone wants you to be.

- Comacon/Minti3

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy