Author Topic: Roleplay Etiquette  (Read 16478 times)

ColonelHamilton

Re: Roleplay Etiquette
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 12:39:09 am »
24) Disrespecting Boundaries.  Everyone has different subjects that make them uncomfortable.  Some people wince at the most benign curse word; others will do anything up to an including NC-17 roleplay, but have a particular kink they find disturbing. It's inevitable that at some point in time, your or another will accidentally trespass through someone's boundaries and make them uncomfortable.  If that happens, absolutely respect the feelings of the person who is uncomfortable. Don't try to pressure them into playing something they don't want to play.  If you want to roleplay subjects getting into very violent or sexual territory, talk about what is an is not acceptable in advance.

25) Spotlight Hogging.  In roleplay, it is hard for too much attention to be focused on multiple characters at the same time. Instead, only a few characters get to be in the spotlight at a time.  Spotlight hogging involves always trying to take scenes or roleplays in a direction that will result in your character getting attention.  When Character A is making a tearful confession to the group about how she betrayed them but she is sorry, that isn't the time for your character to suddenly pass out from their  their dangerous illness or reveal his angst filled past. If roleplaying with a partner, don't always push for plots surrounding your character while rejecting and and all ideas that give the attention to someone else. In short, be fair.

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 05:34:31 am »
Hey Alexander... I used these guidelines at my roleplaying website.  * thestreuv.webs.com * If that's okay.  You write it so epically I couldn't resist.  Credit is given, of course. C:
...In my pants.

Offline Feralia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I love wolves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:00 pm »
Alex, you're a genius!

Anyways, we can hope for better RP for now. I am strictly following this etiquette now, as I don't want to step on other's nerves.
Our Feral Hearts are those characters we own in the game. And all characters together makes you a Feral Heart as well. Because you made them.

Offline Aval0n

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Noot noot~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2011, 07:06:22 pm »
Thank you so much! Feral Heart is in dire need of this if you ask me!  :)

Though I do understand that sometimes people have to go or GTG, but it is quite irritating when someone decides to quit a role play in the middle of it, perhaps if they are bored of the RP or things in the role play aren't going their way. It can be a problem too if your character was interacting with their character.
In-game username: Aval0n

Offline Flatsoda

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • hOnK (o:
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2011, 12:58:12 am »
THANK YOU. /karma/

zee-cat

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2011, 12:07:17 am »
Ooh, I've been looking for something like this. I don't have a lot of experience RPing, so this is definitely helpful.

Kreapaer

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2011, 05:25:16 pm »
Agreed.  I barely RP on FH, infact I haven't even started on even some of my favorite from experiance in IT and IT forums.  Why?  I remember how fawking anoyying it all was.  Especially when you somehow pick up an illiterate eleven year old, since it's not like you know whose going to show up when you are recruiting RP members in an open area.
I also notice that there are no Dimensions, or other realms that RPers can escape to.  People now RP openly, flooding the chat along with other people having their own conversations.  (I am ranting) The map doesn't help a ton, either, since I remember just yesterday getting utterly lost in the Plains, having no clue where a portal was or where other people were.  All I could 'see' was a Warrior cat clan RPing in general. 

Evanescence

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2011, 09:14:18 pm »
I came from WQ, which you know will not allow " in chat. The first RP in FH I was in, was like this: -The feral lion scopes out his territory, his claws pushing out. "I see you," he smirked at the mouse- I was stunned... I was used to rping like this: she walks over to the lake

Now I RP with much more class and such. It really confused me when people do not put " in rp. I REALLY hate it when a certain person rps like this: you dont like me anymore crys. It makes me want to rip my hair out. I would say, "You dont like me anymore," she sniffles.

Am I the only RP nazi out there? >_<