Poll

Mate Center Opinions...

Useful
Annoying
Unrealistic
Other (Bad)
Other(Good)

Author Topic: .::Opinions On Mate Center::.  (Read 3179 times)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
.::Opinions On Mate Center::.
« on: July 27, 2013, 10:04:49 am »
We all have been to bonfire at least once in-game but what worries my floofy butt the most is that every time I go there I see a mate center right in the middle. For me this is extremely irritating, especially when all i hear is "___ go to the middle" or "Can i go next?"

The thing is that people get called up and most of them get rejected. That makes them feel bad so they lose confidence. However many floofs there return to the circle and start quoting for example "No one loves me", "Why does everyone reject me?" *Turns around and starts crying*. And what does the mate center do? He/she tells them "sorry '__' Maybe next time".
Personally, i think that mate center is stopping floofs liking others for their personality and grabs attention to the fur colour, eye colour or fur markings. In particular, how their character looks like. To be exact, their liking towards another floof is because of how they look like. Not how they act. Although you meet new floofs that you may or may not like, it's the same every time, they just leave after a while and return to the well known mate center.

Also in my opinion it is unrealistic as you would NOT see wolves, foxes, lions in an open area sitting in a circle and picking out a mate in real life. Not only that, it does affect realistic characters, who could be paired up with a ridiculously unrealistic wolf/lion.

So when you sit in the middle, others will judge your character on how she/he looks like and only then decide if they like you or not. Therefore you cannot be certain of the reaction you will get from other floofs in mate center.

But please state your feelings on Mate center.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:32:55 am by ~CrystalWolfTear~ »
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: .::Opinions On Mate Center::.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 01:07:32 pm »
So what if it's 'unrealistic'? It's not like they are roleplaying or anything.

Mate centers do make a part of bonfire lag a bit, but it brings attention to people just to make the one spot instead of all spots so I don't have to look up at the sky at all times.
I've tried out as a Mate Center, and it was actually pretty nice. Usually I'd suggest making a bio for your character, too, to bring attention so they know the character's personality.

Do animals in the wild judge personalities like that for mates most of the time? Not really. It's most often attraction and getting to know each other. Sometimes it might just be for fun (such as gay couples and stuff) or even for the sake of roleplay and disliking waiting so long.
Since when was Feralheart all about realism though even OOC? That's what I'm asking.

I've seen a friend we all know here try out as a Mate Center, too.
Sure, mate centers are odd but you can get used to them. Just block them if they're annoying you and when you think it's over, unblock them.
I do understand some people do not have anyone go in the middle for someone though, but most of the time you might see people crowding around someone and the user might just pass.
That's why I'd usually call in the males. ^_^
Mate centers aren't a big deal to me.
That's my opinion.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
I understand your opinion and yes mate centers do lag bonfire. They are sometimes useful but if there are a lot of players in mate center then you have to wait really long to go in the middle. And sometimes it's not worth waiting since you could get rejected and you would have to either go back into the circle or wonder around until you could find someone else.

I did once try out as a mate center too! :D but i got confused with who already went in the middle that i left.

And yeah i'm not saying it HAS to be realistic. But most people prefer to have a realistic mate.

Thanks for your opinion though floof.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:20:20 pm by ~CrystalWolfTear~ »

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »
Useful. Just useful.

It helps kids not have to go through it...

I KNOW THEY MAY BE OLD HAGS ACTUALLY IN REAL LIFE, but its called roleplaying c:

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 01:24:46 pm »
Useful. Just useful.

It helps kids not have to go through it...

I KNOW THEY MAY BE OLD HAGS ACTUALLY IN REAL LIFE, but its called roleplaying c:

LOL! old hags in real life haha 0_0 I would not be able to role play knowing the other person at the other end is 50 years older than me... just creepy.

Offline goldfeathers

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 01:31:40 pm »
I agree with Crystal. Some people just prefer realistic mates. Also they have to wait long just to be called up in the middle, and having been called up they still have the chance to be a loner, rejected in other words.

I don't have anything against 'mate centers' but i don't really like the lag caused by mate center in the middle of bonfire.
An important part of solving a problem is admitting you have one.
?
"If he's hurting you, why are you still thinking about him?"
"Because I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all..."
??

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »
I agree with Crystal. Some people just prefer realistic mates.

Thanks Rain_Dance. I agree, some people just prefer good old realistic wolves.

Also they have to wait long just to be called up in the middle, and having been called up they still have the chance to be a loner, rejected in other words.

Yes i think that more females go in mate center and then they have to fight over males. I had a freind who would usually sit around all day in mate center and when she finally got called up, she got rejected. I thought that was so unfair. So i got her a mate on general.

I don't have anything against 'mate centers' but i don't really like the lag caused by mate center in the middle of bonfire.

Um i think mate centers do cause some kind of lag as they gather floofs in the middle and it's hard to walk by without lagging. I would advise going ficho tunnel for RPGing as of the lag but i usually spend my time in bonfire and i hate lag. Although mate centers are annoying for some of use. they are quite useful. They help some of us get mates. But even though sometimes it works out with your 'New' mate, they leave after a while. Like me and skrill :(

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 01:58:24 pm »
Yet people can find mates more easily, and that is good to avoid mate beggars. Though they give too much lag to Bonfire, the chat is spammed with mate center in all caps, which is pretty annoying, and people don't know his/her "mate" past, which can cause bullies.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »
Yet people can find mates more easily, and that is good to avoid mate beggars. Though they give too much lag to Bonfire, the chat is spammed with mate center in all caps, which is pretty annoying, and people don't know his/her "mate" past, which can cause bullies.

Yes i agree. It's easier finding mates but the spam is the main problem also the lag. So true Kijiako

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 09:37:14 pm »
Like I've stated in another topic similar to this, I don't really mind the mate centers, what people do on their spare time is up to them. As long as they keep to an appropriate level, I do not have a second thought.

The only thing I have about it is the spam and lack of confidence of the ones looking for "mates." They would more often state, "I'm lonely" or "No one wants to be my mate," statements in that nature. It spawns negativity and an uneasy atmosphere for those around them, thus putting themselves into the norm of individuals who seek attention or have a lack of sociability. 
Image © Mikita Kavalenka