Author Topic: '____' is online.  (Read 2072 times)

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
'____' is online.
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:16:48 am »
Hey all~

I think this is the best idea I've ever stumbled across on. Now, let me explain.
You know when you're waiting anxiously for your friend.. and every time you see your friends list go to the very top you have to scroll up every time someone comes online.. offline.. and so on, then it just becomes annoying.

So what I'm thinking is that above that ol' `friends` icon there should be a popup above it (in small text) that reads '___ has come online/offline' every time one of the people in your friends list chooses to log off or on. Although, if you want it to quit, there would be a toggle in the Options menu that reads: Icons > Friends > [] Popup when a friend logs on/off
[]Popup when a friend logs on
[]Popup when a friend logs off
-and so on. To reduce lag you can turn it off, see? I do realize that you can see ____ has arrived/left/disconnected but what if they are in a different map?

Please share your thoughts on this!
Sincerely, Re.~

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: '____' is online.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:28:40 am »
It'd be rather annoying for those who have a ton of friends on their list (like me), but I do in fact need to clear up my list and if the popup is small or in the chat in a fade-like way, different compared to people actions thing of arriving and leaving. X3

In others, I do in fact love the idea. I really hope Kov would come back and see this and perhaps think of adding it! :3

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:09:24 am »
If only.~ I haven't thought of this idea, but it would be a great one for people with little friends on their list. {Like me.} Nice idea. ^^

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:27:09 am »
This is a great idea!
The positive side to this is It'd show us when say people we have been waiting for are online.
It'd be very useful when bored.
Or just wondering who's online.The negative is  It'd be annoying if people kept logging on and off and all these little pop-up messages kept coming up.

I do think it is a great idea. The positives out-go the negatives. I agree to this idea. It's wonderful :D
Side account for Sigyn

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 02:28:04 pm »
Oh, yey, people found this idea useful!

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:11:18 am »
Agreed but I think instead of a popup, it would appear in the chatbox with big and fat and violet letters. Jk, but pop ups will be somewhat annoying, like Clowny said.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:37:11 am »
Personally, I wouldn't mind a small pop-up. Seeing that many people do mind it however, what if instead of a pop-up, a small (1) or (2) would appear on the friend's list icon? It happens for the group, party, and friend requests, so why not for this? The bubble would probably need to be a different color to discriminate between online/offline friends and friend requests, but other than that it would seem to work in my opinion :D Anyhoo, such a clever little addtion to the game this would be, if only our beloved Kovu would return with the source code...