Author Topic: Your Favorite Enemy?  (Read 2412 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Your Favorite Enemy?
« on: December 12, 2013, 11:36:56 pm »
You know we like to talk about our favorite types of characters, so why not talk about our favorite kind of enemies? Let's face it, our "enemies" make everything much more interesting.

So let's get started, if you have finally met your match, what would you admire about them? What would set your enemy apart from all the others? What is the perfect enemy to you?

I'd like to have an enemy who matches my character's capabilities. A good enemy to me would be one that has a sense of humanity and intellect. In addition, at the same time being in some self-constructed denial. What I would love most is for them to be in a some kind of prejudice that is right to them, and them alone.

Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Your Favorite Enemy?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 11:38:20 pm »
I've yet to find one that does not power play me :P
Will stalk this though  -.= . . .

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

~Firepool~

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:48:07 pm »
I've yet to find one that does not power play me :P
Will stalk this though  -.= . . .

I'd have to agree with this, I've yet to stumble upon one who hasn't powerplayed my character. If I was to "magically" come across a decent enemy, I'd want them to be a bit psychotic but comes up with genius plans that are hard to figure out. In a sense, I'd want an enemy similar to Moriarty. (Seeing he's my fav :3) He's unpredictable, crazy, daring and let alone, the perfect villain.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:53:48 pm »
There's a cougar that shares my packs map. The most cunning thing i've ever seen. He literally disappears when followed. He ambushs weak pack members. I've been in battle with him a few times. He is possably the best fighter i've seen without power playing. Best rival ever.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:10:07 am »
I like rivals who present a challenge, both physically and mentally to my character. Personality wise, somewhere between Wesker (Resident evil) and revolver ocelot (Metal gear solid). My ideal rival is sure of them selves possibly to the point of being a self lover or haveing a god complex yet respects my character for what they can do, possibly even come to consider my character a closer "friend" than any other. For me to care about my enemies the relationship has to be fairly deep not just " I don't like you/your stoping me from doing a thing, I'm going to try to murder you". However this only applies if I am on what can be called the good side.

If my character is "evil" then my enemies need to be resolute and firmly believe what they are doing is right. No wishy-washy, overly angsty, constantly self doubting and second guessing whiners. However again I prefer it when my rivals/enemies respect my character, they oppose what I am doing but they wish there were some other option to fighting me.

Anyway I feel like I'm gonna start rambling soon so that's that.

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »
Lol, need charrie personality help?
Read Above!

Anyways, I think for most of my characters (sadly), a bright, over-bubbly and care-free 'enemy' would bring them to insanity. Most of my characters (unlike me IRL) are very serious and focus a lot of the task at hand.
Or an enemy that has a very complex mind system, or is very smart. Challenging riddles can keep me and my characters sitting down and thinking for a while.
OR (As in the case with my character Silvar), a character with high magical ability could easily cream her wolfie fur, being as how she has very little magic herself to defend.

Well that was fun. XD
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:32:46 pm »
While I have yet to find a decent enemy for my main character, Vespian, I'd have to admit that the proclaimed 'perfect enemy' for both he and myself would be a character completely abnormal and/or other-worldly. It would be not a person, not a wolf or lion, but a whole other creature similar to a demon or poltergeist yet contain no known extravagant ability. It's personality would be nothing but cryptic, an unknown reasoning to why it intends to cause harm veiled behind a voice that remains hushed. Yet it isn't particularly not intelligent and fights like a berserk but something that can almost read what my character will do and counter-attack with ease whether it be mentally or physically. I've also depicted such a character as deformed and decrepit, similar to the beings you'll find in horror stories such as Silent Hill, Mama, the creatures of Mordor from Lord of the Rings, etc. A being that actually strikes fear into my character and leaves me concerned of his safety IC-wise.
gone

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline avomeir

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • "What a twist of events..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:02:56 am »
When categorizing a 'favorite' enemy, I prefer an enemy whom taunts, messes with ones mind and proves to be more then a physical challenge. Sure we've all seen those huge characters that appear to be big and bad, but are they? Do they have the means, the deviousness, the finesse? I want an enemy whom poses a psychological threat, someone or even a mass of someones' that delve into ones darkest fears & weaknesses using them to their advantage. No one wants the same old, bad vs. good. It's not as simple as that anymore.
When I define what I would want in an enemy, only one enemy I have faced in roleplay comes to mind, back in my days of Project Psychosis, when my character Elvira went up against Aerona, yes we were good friends ooc, however at the time the battle was riveting and frightening. It brought me to life, I felt like I was fighting for my life. Her tactics were sinister, and brought great pain to my character, yet it was fun being able to roleplay like this, against a true enemy. I have to say, she is my favorite enemy. 
Find me in game on Volaticus.~
Signature - TrinityZiel@dA -- Avatar - Attsos.
Somewhat inactive via forums due to a variety of different things.