Author Topic: Least favorite thing about Warrior Cat RPS?  (Read 16988 times)

Offline donutforest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Least favorite thing about Warrior Cat RPS?
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:33:10 am »
I hate it when cats always go attack a fox, badger, cyote, or wolf. Its like, everytime you see one "ER MAI GAWD ITS EVIL KILL IT WITH THE FIRE!!!!" I was playing as my Fox pup, and this cat was like "Everybody, attack! Its a Fox!" What the heck. Some people maybe want to be alone, or RP at the moment, or just chilling!  >:(
Oh
and the thing I really really REALLY hate is when people make there cats way big. I usually fine males the biggest, but its like, they get bigger then lions! Thats why I stay at a small size when a cat, to be more realistic  :P
So what are yours? :)

Offline HaleDomine

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite thing about Warrior Cat RPS?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:19:14 am »
The awful camps. I prefer mapped warrior RPs because then your den doesn't have to be a rock. Also, Most of the people that RP warrior cats are really young and/or illiterate, and tend to powerplay a lot. . .

Offline Birdi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Whatcha lookin at chump?(Ingame user: Birdi)
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 05:30:29 am »
Young leaders. I HATE it when there are leaders that are 20 moons old! You're not even two years yet! Cats usually don't become deputy until they're 40 moons and by the time their leader dies they'll be.. iunno, 60? That brings me to the other thing I hate: YOUNG ELDERS. Feral cats can live up to 8 years old. 60. moons. is. not. an. old. cat.

When they capitalize the second part of their last name. It bothers me very much. Also, when their names are something like 'deathsoul' or 'Soulblade' because they are not realistic at all... and what kind of mother would name their kit 'Soulkit,' let alone 'deathkit?' It's just stupid.

Insta-crushes: when you first join and it's instantly obvious another character has a crush on yours. I mean, sure, it's nice to see that people like you, but.. really? I got here like five minutes ago! Over obsessive mates/crushes: I once joined a roleplay and someone (not naming names c; ) whispered me saying "If you dare even TOUCH Silverpaw I'll kill you! She's mine." And..in fact, Silverpaw was my sister IRL and the reason I was joining. I just laughed and showed her.

Constant drama. One cat dies, another has a forbidden love, one cat kills a few kits. 'Nuff said.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:04:20 pm »
Least favorite thing about Warriors? Go try standing next to some in Flourite as a coyote.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 01:53:15 pm »
Oh, here the rants go again...

I usually love WC RP'S. They're normally easy to join, fun to RP, and with the right people, leave lasting impressions on you that you cherrish forever.
But with the wrong people... >:l Kill me now.
I can easily type a paragraph for both mapped and unmapped, but I think I'll do para-bullets about things I hate in both.

Mapped
-Mapped RP's are normally WAY more strict. They won't let you do this, this, this, this, that, oh, and that. A lot of times, my fully realistic characters are kicked due to the fact that they 'don't follow the rules'. They have short term memory! Not their fault they can't remember the proper way to hunt a bird!

-"You havn't been on for an hour. KICK!" O my gawd I hate this. I joined whatever the most popular new WC RP is on a character that I wasn't totally fond of. RP'd for a bit, then went to bed. The next day, I got on, and was RPing a tribe cat, and also my loner Bellfur. I get a whisper from the leader saying "Get on Thunderbird." I said later, and he told me he kicked my character. WTF?!

-"MY MAP IS COOL!" Default items everywhere, no mask. ;~; Why?

-"We're all literate! Sample needed!" Translator, please plug that in for me. {I am not literate, but my members are. I let illiterate noobs in, knowing they suck.]. Oh, thanks translator. Ever wished you had a translator? ;~; I've had this happen so many times I can't count, mapped and mappless alike. Mainly mapped, though.

-EDIT: Also, those really annoying cats who yell at you for items, because someone in the clan doesn't have your item pack (LeMostRecent) so you have giant antlers and a bell collar on, and not feathers in your ear and a black collar. ;~;

-Also Edit: Those ones with REALLY tight rules about aging. One moon = one IRL day. So you have a gathering EVERY DAY? Jeez. A kit must stay a kit for 6 IRL days. WHAT? If you are unborn, you must stay unborn for 3 IRL DAYS. You must TRAIN FOR 6-12 MORE DAYS AFTER BECOMING AN APP. ;~; Or, the best one: After becoming a warrior, you must wait 30-40 moons to be an elder. I can understand that, but, really? THAT LONG TO BE UNBORN?! And how about apps, huh? You become a warrior at a years worth of age, so 12 moons. NOT 18. ;~: Or that you must wait a WHOLE IRL MONTH to kill your character. The most I had was a week, and that was near impossible due to blackcough flying around, prey shortages, and other stuff. It's hard not to die for a week, none the less a MONTH. People hurt my head.

Mappless

-"WE R LITRATE!" No, you aren't. Make up your mind, or learn what we FeralHeartians call 'literate'.

-"LOOK! A FOX! DIEEEEEEEEEE" Happened to me once. I was whispering my friend on my fox charrie, Elria, while taking a casual stroll around Fluorite. I happened to pass a clan, and they all started to maul me. I called over my friend, and we were just 'loling' it up something fierce.

-Powerplayers. Need I say more? Oh, I do? On it right now. Those little kits who run up to warriors or even foxes and are ripping them up. With their tiny claws, no way. Or the warriors who have "153 Wins, 1 Ties, 136 Kills, 0 Losses' Erm, no. Just.... No. While I don't like putting losses up, I do that all the time. And there's no way you have that many kills OR wins. Warrior cats don't even live long enough to have that many battles.

-"Hey, you join my clan, and you get to be deputy!" <-- Need I say more? ;~;

-Neons. So many neon cats join clans, it's crazy. I was in a clan, where the leader accepted a small group of neon yellow, blue, and white cats. I think they were modeled after Babar.

BOTH

-Ubber-Apps. Those apprentices who get nothing wrong, they learn every skill perfectly. They can easily take a warrior on at just half a moon of training. This also applies to those mary-sue type warriors, who are perfect in every way and never loose.

-Crappy camps. I know, some mapped RP's are great because their camp is huge and elaborate and pretty with dens for everyone. But then, there's also the camps with just a big, default cave with a few flattened bushed inside. And mapless RP's also just use rocks with no other areas for other dens. Rlly?

-Prey. Prey is apparently everywhere. Warriors go two feet from their camp, say they hunted a bit, and come back with pheasants and rabbits and (once, no joke) a deer or a dog. Even in leafbare! That prey isn't just sitting at your paws saying "kill me! I want to be eaten!" I would love if more people made 'prey' characters, to just run around, be hunted and eaten, then run away. XD Though, that's boring, so don't do it.

-And finally: Sizes. So many dang sizes I could die. Long ago, back before even general was gone, warriors cats where allowed to be lion sized. It was easier, nicer, and left more room for apps and kits to make their sized unique. NOW, there are lion sized, and app sized warriors. Like, NO. Can't we all try and start the OLD way of doing it? Where kits didn't have to be minimum size to TRY and look like kits, and warriors aren't the same size as their apprentices? Oh, but when you make characters on the OTHER side of the default size, you get yelled at, screamed at, and called a noob for 'lion size'. ;~; For those of you who are not joining this new way of life, I'm joining you now to make a stand for better cat sizes.

-Another Edit, not including the things below: Prophecies/big cat clans. I love clans who have big cats as the leader, or accept big cats because of some stupid prophecy that someone made up. ;~: Hate them.

And that's my huge rant.
Bye for now.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 02:37:23 pm by Oceanwave »
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Birdi

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Whatcha lookin at chump?(Ingame user: Birdi)
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 02:09:33 pm »

that was beautiful oceanwave, just beautiful.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 02:27:13 pm »
Ms. Oceanwave pretty much took whatever words I could possibly fathom and technically said it all for me. While I never have, and most likely never will, join any form of warrior cat roleplay, I've heard many foul things about the way they run their organization.
However, one thing that I dislike in which Ms. Oceanwave didn't point out was the repetitive plots that most warrior cat roleplays have. I'd consider joining one if it had a plot unique, fresh, different from the rest, but thus far that's not the case. I do not mind that over half of the community in-game wise choose to roleplay warriors, not at all. Though I only wish they'd have a bit of diversity when it comes to plots, looks (via coloration mainly), and overall creativity.
gone

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 02:29:27 pm »
When nearly every single medicine cat/apprentice is deformed, like blind, deaf, has a twisted paw, or has a broken leg -_-
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »
Oceanwave, that was brilliant.

One thing that truly gets me is the sheer number of clans. I dare you to type in "Thunderclan" in the group search. People don't delete inactive clans, or they just keep themselves in it. It's annoying! I've created clans before and I wanted one clan to be "Oakclan," and when I typed it in, the name was already taken. I tried ".Oakclan." That was taken too. ":.Oakclan.:" Nope. The only thing that wasn't taken was "::..OakClan.."

Really FH?

\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »
Ms. Oceanwave pretty much took whatever words I could possibly fathom and technically said it all for me. While I never have, and most likely never will, join any form of warrior cat roleplay, I've heard many foul things about the way they run their organization.
However, one thing that I dislike in which Ms. Oceanwave didn't point out was the repetitive plots that most warrior cat roleplays have. I'd consider joining one if it had a plot unique, fresh, different from the rest, but thus far that's not the case. I do not mind that over half of the community in-game wise choose to roleplay warriors, not at all. Though I only wish they'd have a bit of diversity when it comes to plots, looks (via coloration mainly), and overall creativity.

I get what you mean on unique plots. Back before I left FeralHeart for a bit I made a couple Warrior Cat Roleplays with plots like no other! Different types of lifestyle, no StarClan, instead of gatherings something different and fun! But when I left I gave those up to some "trusted" members who let them die. They used to be quite popular among some close friends of mine.

I always strive for something unique and that is what I do. I examine, watch and study the plots and ideas of other Roleplay makers then turn something unique about it!

Oh, here the rants go again...

I usually love WC RP'S. They're normally easy to join, fun to RP, and with the right people, leave lasting impressions on you that you cherrish forever.
But with the wrong people... >:l Kill me now.
I can easily type a paragraph for both mapped and unmapped, but I think I'll do para-bullets about things I hate in both.

Mapped
-Mapped RP's are normally WAY more strict. They won't let you do this, this, this, this, that, oh, and that. A lot of times, my fully realistic characters are kicked due to the fact that they 'don't follow the rules'. They have short term memory! Not their fault they can't remember the proper way to hunt a bird!

-"You havn't been on for an hour. KICK!" O my gawd I hate this. I joined whatever the most popular new WC RP is on a character that I wasn't totally fond of. RP'd for a bit, then went to bed. The next day, I got on, and was RPing a tribe cat, and also my loner Bellfur. I get a whisper from the leader saying "Get on Thunderbird." I said later, and he told me he kicked my character. WTF?!

-"MY MAP IS COOL!" Default items everywhere, no mask. ;~; Why?

-"We're all literate! Sample needed!" Translator, please plug that in for me. {I am not literate, but my members are. I let illiterate noobs in, knowing they suck.]. Oh, thanks translator. Ever wished you had a translator? ;~; I've had this happen so many times I can't count, mapped and mappless alike. Mainly mapped, though.

-EDIT: Also, those really annoying cats who yell at you for items, because someone in the clan doesn't have your item pack (LeMostRecent) so you have giant antlers and a bell collar on, and not feathers in your ear and a black collar. ;~;

-Also Edit: Those ones with REALLY tight rules about aging. One moon = one IRL day. So you have a gathering EVERY DAY? Jeez. A kit must stay a kit for 6 IRL days. WHAT? If you are unborn, you must stay unborn for 3 IRL DAYS. You must TRAIN FOR 6-12 MORE DAYS AFTER BECOMING AN APP. ;~; Or, the best one: After becoming a warrior, you must wait 30-40 moons to be an elder. I can understand that, but, really? THAT LONG TO BE UNBORN?! And how about apps, huh? You become a warrior at a years worth of age, so 12 moons. NOT 18. ;~: Or that you must wait a WHOLE IRL MONTH to kill your character. The most I had was a week, and that was near impossible due to blackcough flying around, prey shortages, and other stuff. It's hard not to die for a week, none the less a MONTH. People hurt my head.

Mappless

-"WE R LITRATE!" No, you aren't. Make up your mind, or learn what we FeralHeartians call 'literate'.

-"LOOK! A FOX! DIEEEEEEEEEE" Happened to me once. I was whispering my friend on my fox charrie, Elria, while taking a casual stroll around Fluorite. I happened to pass a clan, and they all started to maul me. I called over my friend, and we were just 'loling' it up something fierce.

-Powerplayers. Need I say more? Oh, I do? On it right now. Those little kits who run up to warriors or even foxes and are ripping them up. With their tiny claws, no way. Or the warriors who have "153 Wins, 1 Ties, 136 Kills, 0 Losses' Erm, no. Just.... No. While I don't like putting losses up, I do that all the time. And there's no way you have that many kills OR wins. Warrior cats don't even live long enough to have that many battles.

-"Hey, you join my clan, and you get to be deputy!" <-- Need I say more? ;~;

-Neons. So many neon cats join clans, it's crazy. I was in a clan, where the leader accepted a small group of neon yellow, blue, and white cats. I think they were modeled after Babar.

BOTH

-Ubber-Apps. Those apprentices who get nothing wrong, they learn every skill perfectly. They can easily take a warrior on at just half a moon of training. This also applies to those mary-sue type warriors, who are perfect in every way and never loose.

-Crappy camps. I know, some mapped RP's are great because their camp is huge and elaborate and pretty with dens for everyone. But then, there's also the camps with just a big, default cave with a few flattened bushed inside. And mapless RP's also just use rocks with no other areas for other dens. Rlly?

-Prey. Prey is apparently everywhere. Warriors go two feet from their camp, say they hunted a bit, and come back with pheasants and rabbits and (once, no joke) a deer or a dog. Even in leafbare! That prey isn't just sitting at your paws saying "kill me! I want to be eaten!" I would love if more people made 'prey' characters, to just run around, be hunted and eaten, then run away. XD Though, that's boring, so don't do it.

-And finally: Sizes. So many dang sizes I could die. Long ago, back before even general was gone, warriors cats where allowed to be lion sized. It was easier, nicer, and left more room for apps and kits to make their sized unique. NOW, there are lion sized, and app sized warriors. Like, NO. Can't we all try and start the OLD way of doing it? Where kits didn't have to be minimum size to TRY and look like kits, and warriors aren't the same size as their apprentices? Oh, but when you make characters on the OTHER side of the default size, you get yelled at, screamed at, and called a noob for 'lion size'. ;~; For those of you who are not joining this new way of life, I'm joining you now to make a stand for better cat sizes.

-Another Edit, not including the things below: Prophecies/big cat clans. I love clans who have big cats as the leader, or accept big cats because of some stupid prophecy that someone made up. ;~: Hate them.

And that's my huge rant.
Bye for now.

I have to disagree with you on the sizes part. I tend to look up and search different cat breeds and compare them to others. I am absolutely in love with small cat breeds as they are easier to make without having to worry about a Roleplay creator saying, "Your cat is too big and that's unrealistic."

Though I disagree with the sizes everything else seems to make sense.

When nearly every single medicine cat/apprentice is deformed, like blind, deaf, has a twisted paw, or has a broken leg -_-

I've had quite a few cats with deformities and my choices were: Elder, Queen or Medicine Cat/Medicine Cat Apprentice. Since I would rather not be stuck in the elders den and have people ask, "Why are you only 30 moons and you're an elder?" and I hate the idea of watching after kits so I choose Medicine Cat. Now it does get annoying when it happens constantly every time, but it makes sense as if a cat as a deformity that intrudes on being a warrior those three/four choices are up and Elders and Queens are boring so others choose the Medicine Cat life style.\

Now that that's done I can tell you a few things I hate:

Kits whose parents "died" when they were born... No! The wild is a dangerous and harsh place to be and for animals it is 10 times worse! If a mother was giving birth to her kits and she died there is a very likely chance the kits die too unless their are other nursing females within the Clan! It makes no sense! Kits are supposed to have parents and all kits in the Clans are usually born into the clan and if not they are traded from another Clan meaning a kid has parents somewhere!

Clan jumping... Oh gosh this makes me so mad! Let's say you have a Warrior Cat roleplay with four clans in total and ALL of those clans are advertising together! A member comes up and has the decision to choose one of the four clans. They choose one and later on they want to switch!? Why? You had the choice of that Clan before so why didn't you take your chance then? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Inappropriate behavior... So many times have I joined/made a Warrior Roleplay and everyone starts joking about rape and murder and other horrible things! It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about these people joking about that kind of stuff! Rape especially! That is a nasty crime committed by horrible people and it's sad really. What gives them the urge to joke about that stuff? Do you joke about it in person? Is it something you always do on a day to day basis?

Sexuality... When Roleplays won't accept character that are homosexual and bisexual... There have been some cases of animals being homosexual so why is it so bad and "unrealistic"! It's offending some people. In fact it makes me sad that I'm not aloud to have my unique characters have something that makes them... Them! Why take away the chance to make something unique and different?

Unique Names... I once had a character named Remedypaw and there was a very valid reason behind her name! The leader said the name was "unrealistic and that no sane Queen would name her kit Remedykit"! 1) that was beyond rude! 2) Why not let me explain WHY she was named that instead of insulting me and my character. After that had happened I got quite angry and just logged out of feralheart and went to a friends house.

That's all I have for you. :3