Author Topic: Least favorite thing about Warrior Cat RPS?  (Read 16987 times)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite thing about Warrior Cat RPS?
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »
Oho, my least favorite thing about warrior cats?

The fanbase, the plot from a book, the fact that people roleplay as warrior cats 24/7 365 DAYS PER FREAKING YEAR! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE TAKE A BREAK?!

Honestly, a house cat. I only understand that its trying to be a little like a feral cat before humans classified them as companions, but using a DOMESTIC CAT? I would have not minded if it were Bobcats, or what ever, just don't use PETS for DRAMA, CLANS, AND ALL OF THOSE CRAP!

I'm sorry for my rudeness, but it asked me, and I HAD to answer .-.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »
Oho, my least favorite thing about warrior cats?

The fanbase, the plot from a book, the fact that people roleplay as warrior cats 24/7 365 DAYS PER FREAKING YEAR! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE TAKE A BREAK?!

Honestly, a house cat. I only understand that its trying to be a little like a feral cat before humans classified them as companions, but using a DOMESTIC CAT? I would have not minded if it were Bobcats, or what ever, just don't use PETS for DRAMA, CLANS, AND ALL OF THOSE CRAP!

I'm sorry for my rudeness, but it asked me, and I HAD to answer .-.

It's okay to have an opinion but you could have stated it... a bit nicer. I do believe this counts as flaming. If you don't like Warrior Cats all together. Don't comment. This topic asks for what you dislike about the WC RPGs. Not the books themselves, try to stay away from flaming others in the future.

For me, I dislike how most Clans seem to be younger kids. Also, they can be very unrealistic. Just think of what it would be like if there was a mature, WC RP. No Powerplaying, realistic-ness (no manes, items), literacy. I would love to RP in a clan like that. But sadly, I've failed in my quest to find something like this. I do love Warriors, but not the FeralHeart Clans.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 05:13:35 pm »

It's okay to have an opinion but you could have stated it... a bit nicer. I do believe this counts as flaming. If you don't like Warrior Cats all together. Don't comment. This topic asks for what you dislike about the WC RPGs. Not the books themselves, try to stay away from flaming others in the future.

How was I flamming? I had to comment, and I always have to comment WHENEVER there is something I REALLY hate if it ASKS you what I- Lets say it again class

H A T E!

Good job class!

And no, I can't stay away from flamming others in the future. Its called "Logically"

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »

How was I flamming? I had to comment, and I always have to comment WHENEVER there is something I REALLY hate if it ASKS you what I- Lets say it again class

H A T E!

Good job class!

And no, I can't stay away from flamming others in the future. Its called "Logically"

While I understand that everyone has the right to voice their own opinion, there is a difference between verbally attacking and merely expressing one's general feelings. You sir, were verbally attacking. My apologies if I sound harsh though there is indeed a much nicer way of putting your dislike towards the Warrior Cats. An example would be, "I do not prefer the Warrior series nor the roleplays in general" or something along those lines. What you did was quite uncalled for and your attitude to Ms. Starry's response/advice is nothing but negativity. Come now, it's almost Christmas. Why must we bare our fangs and snarl like barbarians? All Ms. Starry, and I as well, are asking is please try to show some consideration in the future when participating in threads like these. You could very much hurt another individual emotionally performing such impulsive acts of hatred.
gone

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 05:31:49 pm »

H A T E!

Good job class!

While I understand that everyone has the right to voice their own opinion, there is a difference between verbally attacking and merely expressing one's general feelings. You sir, were verbally attacking. My apologies if I sound harsh though there is indeed a much nicer way of putting your dislike towards the Warrior Cats. An example would be, "I do not prefer the Warrior series nor the roleplays in general" or something along those lines. What you did was quite uncalled for and your attitude to Ms. Starry's response/advice is nothing but negativity. Come now, it's almost Christmas. Why must we bare our fangs and snarl like barbarians? All Ms. Starry, and I as well, are asking is please try to show some consideration in the future when participating in threads like these. You could very much hurt another individual emotionally performing such impulsive acts of hatred.

Agreed, no need to be rude about it at all. If you don't like something and have nothing nice to say about it just don't respond. How you acted was uncalled for under any circumstances. Like Starry and Vespian are saying, try being a little nice when expressing your opinion.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 05:34:51 pm »

H A T E!

Good job class!

Im going to try to say this in the nicest way I can to you. What you call harmless opinion is someone else's harmful words. I would try to be more cautious in how you respond to a certain subject and the sense of sarcasms is not acceptable.
so all in all...
If you don't have something nice to say, then don't bother saying it at all
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

SoulRevenge

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »
I'd personally like to point out that more than just Warrior Cats-based roleplays do these things, with their mannerisms and sometimes annoying, but perhaps not fully intentional false advertising (I didn't know what 'literate' actually meant at one time, and seeing other advertisements using it may cause some to deduce that their group may be the same, even if upholding more of a semi-literate style.)

Now of course, some of these things attribute mostly and perhaps solely to the Warrior Cats-based groups, for example unrealistic names that make little or no sense within the appointed universe, or perhaps strange designs or other-worldly storylines made by the players that were not confirmed with the leader of a said group.

These types of roleplays will occasionally lead up to their self-formed stereotypes- sometimes the people behind the screen may be irrational, or as some groups attack those standing by in the backround they wish to include all in their universe. But, aye, roleplaying with strangers included is better than not roleplaying at all now! I myself have been in rather interesting roleplays that I have been 'dragged into', so sitting around on a coyote or fox near a clan can sometimes lead to an interesting conclusion.

As mentioned above, the fact that most (if not all I have seen/heard of) Warrior cats roleplay don't allow homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality (sure attraction towards both genders), the list goes- you know, basically everything but asexuality and the straight sexuality. (Asexuality, I'm guessing, was only allowed because a sexual interest towards anything simply wasn't present.) I dunno why they call these traits unrealistic, but people may have their views on things- maybe gay cats are slightly unheard of to them, I dunno. You don't hear much cases about 'gay cats' on the internet or basically anywhere, but it's an entirely harmless attribute that simply allows players to be more creative with their characters.

Aaaand now, to add onto WolfNamedCoda's comments:

This is a thread about attributes regarding things one may UNLIKE or NOT APPRECIATE about the Warrior Cats-based roleplay. If you hate it, good for you. However keep in mind that, although opinions of all sorts have the right to be heard, that this doesn't mean no-one will be offended by it, or see the comment as irrational and/or stupid.
   It's all a sort of 'think before you say' thing: 'I hate Warrior Cats. Not just dislike, but really really hate everything. It's so stupid! The fanbase, the roleplays, the everything'. Now, assuming that other people thoroughly enjoy reading and roleplaying the series, do you truly believe that, absolutely no-one will be offended by this comment in a rational manner?

Edit: Feareh beat me to it~ Pff, oh-well. More thorough example here, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:41:46 pm by Calliph »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 05:40:13 pm »
I believe everyone has pointed out what needed to be addressed but seriously speaking...

If you guys can't calm down and share opinions without being disrespectful about it I'll be locking this thread. Let this be a first and last warning.

I honestly don't like the tone of this discussion. Keep it mature and if you give feedback make it constructive don't just rant.

Also enough ganging up on Coda. Point was made. End it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:42:48 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 05:45:56 pm »
The thing least favored by me with Warrior car rpg is mostly the power-play and the many groups there are when you search even one clan. If you are finished with a clan or whatnot, just delete it, give way to the new groups so people won't have to fondle with creating a name like "ThunderClan orginal" or "...Shadowclan**" Be considerate. With the power-play, I don't need to explain too much, lol. I'd like to meet clans that role-play in such a way that welcomes other animals as friends or foe (not just foe at first sight) and since it's supposed to be "realistic."

@ To everyone, I will agree you may have opinion on any subject matter, but there are ways to that without being hostile. When you're too subjective on a topic, it will cause people to be either offended or think on your perspective the wrong way. Giving an opinion, you must respect both sides, whether a positive or negative. Over-praising or over-negating is never a good aspect to an opinion.  
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 06:03:07 pm by FoxPhilosopher »
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 12:01:24 am »
Ms. Oceanwave pretty much took whatever words I could possibly fathom and technically said it all for me. While I never have, and most likely never will, join any form of warrior cat roleplay, I've heard many foul things about the way they run their organization.
However, one thing that I dislike in which Ms. Oceanwave didn't point out was the repetitive plots that most warrior cat roleplays have. I'd consider joining one if it had a plot unique, fresh, different from the rest, but thus far that's not the case. I do not mind that over half of the community in-game wise choose to roleplay warriors, not at all. Though I only wish they'd have a bit of diversity when it comes to plots, looks (via coloration mainly), and overall creativity.

I actually tried to do a Warrior roleplay that didn't go with the plot of the books. It went okay for awhile, but then things started to fall apart when I lost many of my good roleplayers. Whenever I would try to recruit for my Egyptian based warrior clan that had a few cultural differences, many of these Warrior fans wanted nothing to do with it. They kept telling me how it was so unrealistic and pathetic for felines to beleive in the ancient Egyptian gods, and make sacrifices to the Egyptian ancestors of the Ancient World. So that roleplay died down.

Curently, me and my roleplay friends have been playing in what I like to call a \/\/4RR10R2TUCK roleplay, which is a combination between Warriors and Homestuck. We made trollcat characters based on the trolls of Homestuck and went from there. We've been having a lot of fun roleplay randomness with that.

Here is a list of things I don't like about some Warrior roleplays:

~Powerplaying: especially when it's a kit that kills cats or other animals bigger than they are. Or when a self-proclaimed "strongest warrior of the clan" refuses to lose a battle and basically ignores every attack thrown at him/her.
~Map claiming: I haven't seen much of it lately, but I'm sure it still happens every now and then.
~Expert apprentices: When an apprentice that is just now learning the ropes of hunting and fighting seems to know every trick of the trade.
~Crazy names: Names that a supposed to sound sinister and threatening, such as (and I'm not making this up, I actually saw names like these) Deadlyknife, Painfulbite, Deathwish, Daggeclaws, Immortalsoul, Bonecrusher, Necksnapper... really? That last one made me laugh a bit. I know it's just a name, but... some of them... just get a little too... strange. e.o
~The evil clans: If it's a clan that likes to go around and try to kill every other clan in Flourite for the sake of killing and being evil, that just gets irritating. It gets annoying, especially when you're minding your own buisness and playing with your own clan.

Oceanwave had a better way of explaining things. Her words took the cake on this one. What I'm trying to say about all this is... I really do appreciate being in some good warrior roleplays. I really think it just depends on who you're roleplaying with. There are some good people out there who do follow the rules of the game and the site, and can make some good Warrior roleplays and make it fun for everyone. Then there are those people who don't respect the rules, or don't know them well, and make a roleplay experience for everyone terrible and unpleasant. If you feel like you've joined a Clan that you feel you're not comfortable with, just leave and find a new one... or make one for yourself and have people join you. If you find yourself with a Warrior roleplayer who is a powerplayer and/or rule breaker, you can block them, ignore them, or report them.
Trust me, there are some good Warrior roleplays out there. You just got to know where to look.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:26:51 am by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive