Author Topic: Is FeralHeart your Secret?  (Read 37630 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Is FeralHeart your Secret?
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 06:20:12 pm »
Do you keep your FeralHeart business secret from friends in real life?
Mostly no.
My closest friends know quite a bit about FeralHeart, and my roommate at school is also familiar with my involvement with it (since she sees me playing on the game or working on the forums all the time xD). So, if you spend enough time around me, chances are you'll know a thing or two about FH.
While none of my real-life friends play FH regularly anymore, I wouldn't have a problem if they came back. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, so if they see some different sides of me, sometimes that's alright. I love to share my artistic sides, but usually it takes them to come to me (or where I spend time) to express or show it to them.
Not to say I go around flaunting FH around, though. xD Only if asked will I bring it up... Tentatively.

However, my fursonas, Allegra and Linger, are a different story. Generally I refer to them as "my avatars" to those who don't understand the furry-like community we have, where a fursona is very special and unique to each individual on varying levels. It's easier to say they're my "face" in a community, but they go much deeper than that. I will generally only open up to others about what Allegra and Linger mean to me, if the one asking has a fursona of their own (or if for some reason they just have a genuine interest). Those with fursonas are more apt to understand the connection you have with your characters, in my eyes.

Would you respond if someone called you by your fursona's name in real life?
If someone called out the name Allegra or Linger in real life, I know I'd turn around and look with surprise. xD I actually have a coworker in real life whose name is "Ally," and so every time I hear someone call her, I can't help but double-take, before remembering that no one there knows I also go by Allegra or Alley. Or Linger. Or White. (Fricking names I just kshaknjbsh).
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 08:57:36 pm »
Do you keep your FeralHeart business a secret from friends in real life?
I, in fact, do keep FeralHeart a secret but not because I am ashamed, because I don't want my person identity in FeralHeart to be revealed. No one in Real Life knows I play FeralHeart besides my family and one close friend of mine. Besides that, it's all secrets.

Not sure, I mean, it all depends right?

Offline MaggamiaTV MTV

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »
   I really don't care if people know I play games like this MMO or minecraft, legend of Zelda etc. etc.
But my friends probably would -that is if they played games like me- at the current moment if someone walked up to me and called me a nerdy game playing weirdo I would respond probably like: "Thanks! So much better then glorifying over my phone tweeting pictures of my sandwich!" :3
(No offence to anyone just an example)  /).O

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 08:08:45 pm »
"Do you keep your FeralHeart business a secret from friends in real life?"

If you include my siblings 'der, nope. I've had someone who I'd consider sort of a friend and another adult I know in real life watch me play Feralheart a bit, too, so I would tell someone if they asked or was watching me. Unless I didn't want them to know 'bout it for some reason. xD

"Would you respond if someone called you by your fursona's name in real life?

I'd probably just be confused, turn around, and ask "Wha'? Where did you get that?" If it's my brothers or sister, then it'd probably be a little bit of a different question. Though... yeah.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 09:41:21 pm »
"Do you keep your FeralHeart business a secret from friends in real life?"
Personally, I have told a few close friends about Feral Heart. I have one friend who I convinced to get the game, but she refuses to listen to my teachings of Feral Heart. My family knows I spend most of my time on Feral Heart, but they don't really take the time to let me explain it to them. Sometimes I feel like if I go into detial about how cool everyone is, and what I do on there I feel like I'm boring them. So I wouldn't say I keep it a secret, but I don't really talk about it unless someone brings it up. My favorite thing is when someone is genuinely interested in it.

"Would you respond if someone called you by your fursona's name in real life?"
If someone, whom I am not familiar with in my personal life, yelled out "Vask." I would probably spin around really fast looking pretty confused. If I was at like a store or something I'd turn my head to see if someone was directing their words at me(but Vask is a pretty uncommon name but IDK). If they were I'd wonder how the heck they know what I look like. My first thought would be someone from Feral Heart that I know pretty well. But, yes, I would definitely respond.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 02:42:39 am »
No one cares about roleplay that I know but one friend.

If someone said CharChar I would just think they are messing around and talking about the pokemon, Charmander which can only say CharChar.  I think it would be kind of weird they know my Fursona's name because that means they are stalking me....
If someone called me Rusty I would respond but I would ask them how they know about my username.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 03:19:57 am »
1. I have not told any of my friends. My brother though does play FH so e always knows what I'm talking about.

2. I would kind of turn my head to see if they were talking to me then I wpuld kind of walk away a bit awkwardly:

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 12:29:48 pm »

Not really, my brother also plays fh but my irl friends don't so I would talk about FH to them.

Actually..yes I have two fursonas named Scarff and Javan, I would actually be surprised if my friend would call me that if they ever stalk me  o.o

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 12:39:41 pm »
Because I mainly make videos through FH, for family and friends, they know all about it. They know about my writing through roleplays but they mainly know I'm big on making videos. They aren't even bothered by it. Actually, they're impressed which makes me smile cuz I feel accomplished. I actually got 2 friends into FH. But my friends don't really know what its about really. Everyone else just knows it as a 3d chat/game where you're either a cat or a dog.

I'm always referred to as Tangle so any word related to it just makes me think of me. So if someone was to call out Tangle, my head would definitely turn lol.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline AeropostaleWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 02:25:02 am »
Nope, not a secret. I didn't sneak an account or anything. My parents know that I play but they don't know it's an RP game, and some of my friends know I play. In fact, I tried getting one of them to join.