Author Topic: Does anyone ever ask you for game help?  (Read 3702 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone ever ask you for game help?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 04:25:42 am »
I honestly think that putting "need help? pm me lol" in your sig is mini-modding.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 05:07:48 am »
I honestly think that putting "need help? pm me lol" in your sig is mini-modding.

It's not really mini modding. Offering site or game assistance is really just a way of people being genuinely interested in helping other members around the community. Giving advice or clearly stating to users to feel free to come to them if they seek help isn't really mini modding. Mini modding would be more or less running around in the game or on site scolding people about rules or ban threatening (half the time they don't even know or follow the rules themselves) etc although even that behavior I don't like to refer to as mini modding since we regular mods don't actually do any of those things to the extent that some users do. We might privately reprimand a user or users who are breaking rules rather than run around shouting at people and making a ridiculous scene or acting like some kind of superior know it alls etc. Everything we do is for the good of the game and community not some personal power or status trip as in the case of most mini "mods"

Basically there's nothing wrong with users offering a little extra assistance around here so long as they aren't showy or pushy about it and genuinely want to help.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:18:44 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 05:27:42 am »

It's not really mini modding. Offering site or game assistance is really just a way of people being genuinely interested in helping other members around the community. Giving advice or clearly stating to users to feel free to come to them if they seek help isn't really mini modding. Mini modding would be more or less running around in the game or on site scolding people about rules or ban threatening (half the time they don't even know or follow the rules themselves) etc although even that behavior I don't like to refer to as mini modding since we regular mods don't actually do any of those things to the extent that some users do. We might privately reprimand a user or users who are breaking rules rather than run around shouting at people and making a ridiculous scene or acting like some kind of superior know it alls etc. Everything we do is for the good of the game and community not some personal power or status trip as in the case of most mini "mods"

Basically there's nothing wrong with users offering a little extra assistance around here so long as they aren't showy or pushy about it and genuinely want to help.
Wow, I find it surprising that this game allows regular members to actually help the community like that. The forums I've been to usually yelled their sanity off when you put something like "need help? pm me lol" in your sig. .-.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 05:39:12 am »
Wow, I find it surprising that this game allows regular members to actually help the community like that. The forums I've been to usually yelled their sanity off when you put something like "need help? pm me lol" in your sig. .-.

Well we wouldn't really have need to yell at users over silly stuff like that. These forum moderators you speak of sound a bit extreme and over bearing if you ask me. Now while I can understand some issues that could come with this whole thing I think their exaggerating their concerns over it a bit and abusing their "powers". I can understand that while some users might have their heart in the right place by offering assistance they also may not offer the best assistance to users in need and in some cases they might actually mislead some users into worse problems or confusion. Sometimes these types of users can also be mistaken as moderators or admin especially to newbies so I can see some reason for concern there but in general it's nothing worth arguing about since most issues can be resolved in the help sections if users really need or seek further assistance. The more helping hands we have around the better and a little confusion here and there is easily sorted.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:46:11 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 07:46:12 pm »
Not recently, but back in 2011 I remember helping a few users get started up with bugged installations and a few preset/GUI ones.

At that point I was a pawlender/helper on the KovuWorks FanPage (I think that was the name? Staceybob ran it.) So those members recognized me and knew I would help them.

But from time to time I do get PMs from people that recognize me from Arokai and they'll ask for stuff. That's both ingame and forum.

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.