Poll

Is there a right and wrong way to roleplay?

Yes
5 (20.8%)
No
19 (79.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Is there really a right or wrong way to roleplay?  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Atthirari

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Sweet lions o' mine!
    • View Profile
Re: Is there really a right or wrong way to roleplay?
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 04:39:14 pm »
  I think everyone has their own way to roleplay, I think it's more interesting when it requires literacy. It just gets you more into the story and your character but yeah.... I mean... there's no a right way for roleplay just do it your way and that's all  ;)
[/color]

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 04:01:45 pm »
+Floof for you M'Dear.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 07:09:20 pm »
Okay guys... don't hate on me because of my opinion here, as I do respect your opinions, too, but I guess I'd have to say 'sort of'. ;u; Why? Now let me explain.

You see, what I'd see as more of a right way to roleplay would be something that people can understand; alongside detailed, like using certain words to describe yet in a simple way like a book. I'm okay with people using their own roleplay style like wolfspeak or something if they are nice about it if it's too... wolf-speaky, and someone asks. But honestly, I believe that as long as everyone understands mostly, then it would be great as to be called a 'right way'. Though, alongside that, no, there isn't any true right way or wrong way to roleplay.

<3 Thank you... I hope I made sense?

Offline Tripwire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Bamidele Lions Of Dodoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 07:43:48 pm »
I'd say no, since it's all the players imagination and as long as everyone agrees to adhear to certain rules (ex. Realistic colors, powers, wings,) then you can't confine how someone plays. I know in the wild animals pretty much just can sniff one another and decide to make offspring, but it really bothers me that people become mates so quickly. I like to develope my characters, give them unique personalities and make them live a life. Seeing people instamating freaks me out but if that's what they both wish for, who's to stop them?

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 03:39:52 am »
In my personal opinion: Yes, However not in a cosmetic aspect, What ever speech pattern you may have, How well you are at spelling, your grammar, These are not things that should define someone as a 'Bad Roleplayer' To me, The right way is  being aware of others you are playing with, Keeping in mind that it is a game, (Although it is perfectly fine to have a serious roleplay, as long as your relationship with the other players isn't broken up by, something your character said, or did.) Never putting your character before another's character, after all, In Roleplay there is no "Main" character, everyone is as important as the next person, I don't think it's right to try and kill off another's character unless they want that. Another thing, Don't try to control someone else, Pressure them to do something they disagree with doing, Some people do not have the willpower to resist such demands and end up doing things they regret.
And all this is just my opinion, but if you ask me, even those who may not understand Roleplay as you do, Always give them a chance, they may not become like you, but if you can have an understanding, That is something. To me it's important to be communitive with the other players, To be honest, make your feelings known, Try to get them to understand you, and try to understand them. But always remember, Some are new to Roleplay, Some have been doing it for years. But people can always change. They can always learn new things they never thought about before. And some may thing it is fruitless to talk to those who have their differences, But you can always learn from each other.

Offline allisonw2000

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Jasper there breaking my things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 06:25:02 am »
I vote yes and no
There is no real way to Roleplay wrong but people who dodge every move and say -kills no miss or dodge- and then yell at you because you should be dead :P

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 06:27:17 pm »
So many good responses to this thread.

I vote yes and no
There is no real way to Roleplay wrong but people who dodge every move and say -kills no miss or dodge- and then yell at you because you should be dead :P

I know I am going to be shot for this, but to be honest, I don't generally consider power-play/god-mod good roleplay. It's an amateur version of roleplay, as I call it. I'm sorry. Sure, if you are taking a role of another being, it's roleplay, but if it's unfair (god-mod, power-play, etc.), it's "amateur roleplay".

@Kelsey. Get shot for posting this opinion? Nonsense!  :)
I think I can agree with you guys when you say that powerplaying/godmodding and taking control of another person's character would be considered the wrong way to roleplay. It's really not fair to other roleplayers when you have someone come in and pretty much ignore attacks or take control of what your character does. Now that I think about it, yeah that can be considered an incorrect way to roleplay.
Inactive

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 07:59:03 pm »
I too have had this question come to mind quite a few times when I've sat around and seen many, many debates and arguments on wolfspeakers and roleplay in general.

To me, as with anything opinionated, the rights and wrongs are decided in the eye of the beholder and so the only person who can truly say what's right and wrong is, well.. no one and everyone. c: (Bit of mindboggling thar) One person could decide wolfspeaking is right, whereas one could argue that it's wrong. And again, everyone has a different idea of what roleplay actually is so that also contributes to it.
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)