Author Topic: Den claiming issue >.>  (Read 21776 times)

Offline Axar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Den claiming issue >.>
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:49:09 am »
Okay so... I walk into a den with a few wolves in it, just to chill out. this is how the conversation went.

WOLF1: Hello, do you want to be a part of our pack?*looks curiously*
Me: Nah, I'm just chilling here. don't mind me.
WOLF 2: May you please leave then? this is our den.
Me: No, this is a public place, and  I'm allowed to be in this den. if you want to den claim then you should create your own map. anyone is allowed to be here.
WOLF 1: No, this den is ours until we leave. you have to leave NOW.

In the end, i stayed, and i think a member blocked me, but can someone tell me if den claiming is wrong? If im in the wrong, then i apologize for my lack of knowledge. I just think it's wrong to claim a public part of the game as your own, especially since i was just exploring and wanted to sit in a den. Thanks.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Den claiming issue >.>
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:51:58 am »
Den claiming is indeed wrong. Nobody has any right to claim a den on a public map. It's not fair. I would suggest taking a screenshot and reporting them to the staff. That'd be the best thing to do.

Offline Axar

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 02:44:41 am »
Yeah, i have a screenshot of one other den event. how do i report?

FirestarLuva

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:41:29 pm »
Yea, the same thing happened to me once. I just went to sit in the den and they told me to leave (it must've been a RP). if you have a screenshot then all you need to do is PM it to Rak$sha or to a moderator and tell them what happened. Hope my advice helped.

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:53:36 am »
Okay so... I walk into a den with a few wolves in it, just to chill out. this is how the conversation went.

WOLF1: Hello, do you want to be a part of our pack?*looks curiously*
Me: Nah, I'm just chilling here. don't mind me.
WOLF 2: May you please leave then? this is our den.
Me: No, this is a public place, and  I'm allowed to be in this den. if you want to den claim then you should create your own map. anyone is allowed to be here.
WOLF 1: No, this den is ours until we leave. you have to leave NOW.

In the end, i stayed, and i think a member blocked me, but can someone tell me if den claiming is wrong? If im in the wrong, then i apologize for my lack of knowledge. I just think it's wrong to claim a public part of the game as your own, especially since i was just exploring and wanted to sit in a den. Thanks.

I always respawn in caves lol so i get yelled at allot. What i do is if they politley and kindly ask i leave but if they demand me and cuss me out( like 99.8% of them do) i stay put. id also tell them about the no claiming den rule and that youll report if they dont cut out the rudeness im sorry about your bad experiencei feel your pain.
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Offline UltraKitteh

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • Raymooond~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 09:32:15 pm »
Urk.... DEN CLAIMING. Happens to me all the time, we're all roleplaying around this one den, and a  warriors RP walks on in. We're letting them stay and such, but we take one foot into the den and BAM. Godmodders/spazzes/noobs cussing or attacking up until we leave.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Don't diss us 'cause we're epic.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 10:36:45 pm »
Den claiming/claiming a part of a map is wrong. The best solution is to block the person (or people) who is doing it, and just stay. That's what my friends and I do to den claimers. xD

Wudiin

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:39:00 pm »
Yeah. Ignore the little buggers.

@ Gem- MY LITTLE PONY FTW

Offline Vulpes

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Groovy!
    • epidome
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • View Profile
    • Web Page
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:48:45 am »
Yeah, I hate that. I'll admit, my group used to do that a little bit at times, but we have a private map now, because no one likes a den hog :P

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 03:08:28 pm »
It is wrong.. but we really can't do anything other then just block or attempt to calmly solve the situation. I think the issue is some people go in game, and are constantly within their character, not OOC and talking/chatting. Best solution I can think of at the moment is either moving away and letting them do as they please, blocking them, ignoring them, or if they become harsh with words in attempt to get you to move, I'd report them. ~
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;