Author Topic: ... Well, you see...  (Read 15779 times)

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
... Well, you see...
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:39:49 pm »
(I bet you guys never imagined something like this coming from me, eh? I have to rant. I have to vent out. See that button that says "bite"? I'm almost positive you're gonna wanna click that after you see what I'm gonna say here.)

To be honest, I'm disappointed. Very disappointed. After talking this over with one of my friends on Skype, we came to this sort of a conclusion:
This is nothing like IT. Not at all. Isn't this supposed to be IT's remake? Yeah. It is. Is it anything like IT? NO. I just can't take it. This is not what I expected it to be. I was hoping more of that IT feel would come back. But, it didn't. And I'm kinda disappointed by that. This never came to my attention until now. Go ahead, bite me for this, troll me, get all mad, I really don't care. Do whatever you want. You can ban me for posting this. I don't care. I just think this has to be said. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I do. I mean, I miss the customization. Have you guys noticed all the threads about wings and items? I know those will never be added, but you know what, it's what people want nowadays. People want customization power. We WANT to make our characters unique. We WANT to be able to differ from everyone else. We WANT to stand out. in IT, we could do all this because of the limitless customization power.
And now, FH, where believe it or not, we are limited. I hate not being able to customize certain characters to my content, it's ridiculous. I know these function were taken out for a reason, to me in all honesty, taking out these small features ruined the best part of the game.
Posts like, "If you don't like it, leave." , "These were taken out a reason. Kov doesn't want them." and "FH will update. Be patient." will not change my mind. I'm glad the game was even made, but some of the best features were removed. Go ahead. Bite me. Troll me. I don't care. I'm voicing my opinion, and if you can't respect that, then well.. that's not my problem.

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
Re: ... Well, you see...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:17:48 pm »
Actually, I completely agree.
I'd prefer if the items were brought back, but you wouldn't have to do anything to get them, just have them in the editor already.
Being more of a customization freak myself, I'd rather have wings and items than levels (<-- Dont want. Will not ever try to level. Because I, sir, am lazy.)
And oh~ wings. I really, REALLY, want wings. Ahah, I sound crazy. But Gem, this post is right on c:

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:01:17 pm »
..Seriously? xD Wow, I wasn't expecting anyone to agree.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:52:20 pm »
I agree Gem. >.<

Really, Im sure tons of people agree with you. I do agree about the wings and stuff. And how this game doesnt have an IT feel to it. It feels more realistic than IT. IT was wacky and cartoony with tons of critters and worlds. FH has (will) have just about the same thing, but the fact that we might not have maps like Castle or Playground (my favorites) disappoints me.

I dont like the road of realism that Kov decided to take anymore. I do honestly miss wings and items. And I wish for items we could come to some conclusion and have them in the game without any drama. Items are what I played IT for. Hunting for hours just to be either happy with what you got or disappointed and have to try again. I understand FH is still under development but... I cant help but say I feel like Kov isnt considering some of the ideas being presented here. How do we even know he even reads the forums...?

No offense to any of the staff. In my post.

Offline BlueLegend

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:55:18 pm »
I never played IT. When I learned about it it had been down for quite a while, and I was very disappointed, because the game sounded fun. I imagined playing as a winged lion soaring though awesome maps. Then, when FH came out, I was so excited, and I had to get it. I knew there would be no wings, but that was OK, and I downloaded it. I made my first wolf, Starlight, and soon many others came. Then I learned more about IT- Hunting prey, attacking others, horns, and holding items. I realized that IT had more awesome stuff to do in FH. Plus the title was more awesome.  FH? Well, now we have to walk everywhere, and have to pretend to fight (which turns out horrible with text, because of godmodding and powerplaying. With the controls to attack, none of that is possible.).

I wish I knew about IT before it went down. I'm not saying FH is a bad game. I go there almost everyday. In fact, I believe each game is not better or worse than another. I love all games equally. But IT seemed more cooler. I agree with you.
bruh

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »
..Wow. xD I expected completely opposite of what I'm getting right now. I thought you guys would troll me to no end for even posting this.
I'm really glad I posted this now. Seems that I'm not the only one.

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 11:01:51 pm »
I actually do agree for the most part, however, I still consider this game rather newish. They're still adding updates don't forget, some stuff may or may not be added along with possibly new features and better features.
I definetelly miss the wings, but I will live. People add them as markings to now sometimes in presets, not the same, but a good idea. I miss hunting. Currently, I find the game got boring pretty quick, but I'm just waiting for updates and stick around here to find out news. I most do map making now and preset making along with meshes. That keeps me occupied for now. IT was a lot of fun, dims, flying, hunting, items, awesome worlds, more actions, etc, etc. It's only a matter of patiently waiting, and hoping our voices are truly heard when it comes to suggestions.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 11:12:18 pm »
I know the game is new, but honestly, I mentioned it in the first post. We're customization limited. That's the one thing I absolutely despise about this game. But again, that's me. The items and wings added variety to all my characters. No two were ever alike. And now I come on FH, and I'm limited to markings and markings only.

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 11:14:55 pm »
They're probably adding more customization, I am like 90% sure from the FH group I believe I saw. But yeah, at this current time, a lot kinda look the same, over and over and over again, besides those with presets, but only people who download them can see 'em. I hope they're adding more >.>
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 11:16:34 pm »
Isn't this supposed to be IT's remake? Yeah. It is. Is it anything like IT?

No. Kov never wanted FH to be a remake of IT. He hated IT, thats why he made FH.

We WANT to make our characters unique. We WANT to be able to differ from everyone else. We WANT to stand out. in IT, we could do all this because of the limitless customization power.

Use Presets. Other than that, IT just had Wings and Items. You count that as unlimited Customisation? It istn.

I have to say i miss Wings too. But i can live without them. I draw my characters. I am not such selfish excepting a game to fit my own will. I respect Kovu for his work. I accept his decisions, even if i dont like them.

Everyone can cry about anything, but if you want other things. Go ahead and make your game, see how hard it is.
Kov is following a plan for his own project FH. You have to get in your Brain that he never made FH for others, he is making it for his own project.

Thing is this. We cant change anything. Why making a Thread. It will lead to nowhere.

And who knows. Maybe Kov is keeping Wings and other Stuff for later, since he has mannaged to program the most important stuff for the game. Items and Wings and such are definitely not important.