Author Topic: ... Well, you see...  (Read 15787 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: ... Well, you see...
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 11:21:42 pm »
I agree with you that FH will never, ever. Be what IT was.

However, I personally think this is for the better in some viewpoints. Ofcourse, no wings or items limits the game alot, and some of the fun dissapears. But it's just some. The game is missing alot of things that IT had in general.

I understand you. But personally I don't think wings would make the game that much better, it would just make it look abit more funky. And people would easier make dragon character or other flying things. Not because we have that many maps in the game yet like that climbing map AIsland, but it does give a somewhat unfairness since other ferals wouldn't be able to do anything while others would be able to fly wherever they wanted. I wouldn't break down and cry if wings were added though. But I feel ok with them away right now aswell.

The Items on the other hand. That is something complete different. Not only doesn't the game have prays implented yet for hunting of items, but there came so much problem with having items in the game in general, and it does add up on the work needed on the game just to get them in there. If you played IT, you know how crazy people would get about items, some just played it for 1 single reason, and that was to hunt the rare ones. People was stealing items, people spammed about trades, even hacking sprees dropping random admin items in the game that pretty much killed it all.

Even though I liked the items myself, very very much. It gave alot of consequenses. Some say by making a new item system with all items addable from the character creation screen it would be better. Question is, would it?

By doing this people wouldn't be able to hunt for the items anymore, they would just "be" there. There would be no hunting for rare items, and this way. Using items wouldn't be as fun anymore either. No items would be unique, and people would probably crave for more and more items added into the game. I'm rather sure restricted items would be added into the game once regular once are, like it's unpreventable,. This way the same crazyness would start all over again just in a slightly different way.

You really gotta think around the whole subject. No items is actually better for the game in some areas. I can agree that the fun might fade a bit, but as we mentioned, this isn't IT.

As you said, "The game is still being worked on and things will get better", and I hope for this aswell.

But if we count away the items and wings.

What if we had a bigger set of standard maps in the game to explore, what if we had a pray system, what if we had all the actions we could do in IT? Wouldn't the importance of those other too seem smaller?

The game has fell short on quite a few things IT did. And we can really just hope it gets more like IT.

I really want to let you know, that I miss both the Items, and the wings aswell. But wings is something I don't really find needed. And with items came some many problems. A general update on alot of functions for the game in general would be just as important if not more in my eyes.

This is a sketchy subject though. We can't know how the future of FH will be.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 11:24:02 pm »
Fyi, Tigg, I am making a game right now. I'm the head of everything. I came up with the idea, I've been coding everything, designing almost everything, and I know how everything works. It is hard. But honestly, you don't see what I'm getting at.
I mean it gave my characters variety. Yes, Presets are helpful, but seriously. And I know this won't lead anywhere. I just want to be heard. What kind of a community won't let you voice your opinion? This is a community that does, so I'm taking advantage. I know no matter what I do, I can't change the game. I know it's all up to Kov. And I respect everything he's doing, but I'm just saying.

And Red, I understand everything you're saying there. I know they cause problems, but all and all... to me and other users, it just took away customization.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:27:14 pm by Gem »

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 11:26:57 pm »
I'm satisfied enough with the fact this is the best animal online game you can get. I can't do any other games with out them having a big flaw that turns me away. The WQ lexicon, I can't stand it myself since I can't simply use proper english and have to talk like I am 8. Sorry if any one likes WQ, I only liked the old WQ, back when they didn't go crazy trying to protect the children. Wolf home, I got bored of in a matter of an hour. Second life (Only played anthro their) is to chaotic even with their vast customization. I don't RP on FH nor did I on IT, I just come for friends and normally me and my friends only stay in my maps to chill.

Why did Kov hate IT any way?

Infact, I am making a game of my own in the far future, but it's going to take forever, I know well how crazy difficult it is to do. I haven't gotten any where yet and don't plan to until after college.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 11:29:10 pm »
I can't stand WQ either and you're right, but you guys should understand what I'm saying here. And I'm pretty sure you do understand.

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 11:33:15 pm »
I understand what you're getting at, every one has their opinions. Some are unreasonable, some are not. I have hope for FH though and normally get a lot of people to join here form my site as well.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 11:39:21 pm »
I know it'll get better, I know making a game from scratch takes time, and I know updates do too.
But hey, I'm just trying to make a point here. I respect everyone's opinions.

Offline owenater1000

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 11:50:24 pm »
Amen, You tell it lik it is! XD I never got to play Impressive Title but I have seen tons of vids from it. I would have rather played Impressive Title. I would have liked to be different instead of blending in like everyone does now!   
(\\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him achieve world domination!

slycan

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 01:26:57 am »
...are you seriously making a game?

seriously?

seriously..

PS - This wasn't a remake or a sequel for IT, I don't see Impressive Title 2 printed anywhere on the website or game.
IT's dead, let it rest in peace and move on.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:29:09 am by Slycan »

Offline Ayashe

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 01:29:53 am »
EDIT: Lul, Sly, your signature. .O.

Agreed, but it wasn't the items and wings that made IT so special for me, but the sense of imagination and community. Seems like we lost that with the addition of canines... Don't get me wrong, I love being able to make canine characters, but you can tell it's brought with it a sense of competition between the two. (Felines vs. Canine RPs are very, very common. .-.)
Half of our members haven't even glanced at the forums. They just go off and do their own little thing in the game, rather than getting into the community. Also, with the addition of canines, a lot of younger players have flocked to this game. Now, I understand not all 11 year olds are snotty little brats, but some are. ^_^' And now the more respectable members of FH have to put up with their territory-claiming, god-modding antics.
IT wasn't like this. Yeah, we had beggars, but you can go somewhere else. (Another dimension?)
My point is,  FH seems to have sucked out the community feel. :c

/endrant? o.o Didn't mean for it to turn into one...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:32:02 am by Ayashe »

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 01:32:14 am »
Yes, Sly, seriously.
And you know, I'm gonna say this again: I honestly don't care if you think I'm kidding or not. I'm glad I even have the knowledge to, because frankly, most of the time I have no idea what the heck I'm doing, and then I manage to figure it out on my own.
So you know what, whatever. And I know that now, Tigg kinda explained that.

And the Canine Vs Feline thing is really getting on my nerves.. but again, that's me.
I just liked the variety. In my own opinion, we don't have that much "variety" anymore except in presets, and those have to be downloaded.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:33:54 am by Gem »