Author Topic: ... Well, you see...  (Read 15952 times)

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
Re: ... Well, you see...
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »
I can agree that some of the community in game is very unpleasant, I can't sit in bon fire island with out some fight going on or so sort of immature rank spewing from random players mouths that make you want to strangle them and tell them to grow up. I keep away from bon fire, considering the only ones who are nice end up just instantly beg for me to be their mate or mother. I have gotten a few friends from in game, those who knew me from some where else or those who are sane. Me and my friends normally just stay in private maps to chill and do our thing. It appeared that IT had a bit more friendly members, I got a lot more friends there a lot faster with out needing to even approach. But, this is a problem with those people making the game kind of unpleasant, nothing you can really do unless you want to go all WQ mod on them. I just ignore it really, I've never been bothered much, if so I got the block button.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline Steak

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • cheshireneko-san
    • https://twitter.com/HaruButtSenp
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 06:07:51 pm »
I agree.
I never played IT. But it was the welcoming community [and just maybe those pretty items] that attracted me most to the game.
I recently chatted with an person that knew me from online I guess. She was in IT. She spun me tales of floating islands and mystical flying felines. Items by the loads, and prey of plenty. Most interesting was the monster ray. Friends would gather and have a blast attacking the powerful creature.
That chat really made me frown on the fact that IT seemed like a overall better game. [I understand FH is freshly out and will be added to]
Canines >.< Don't get me started on the overpopulation of immature nine year old's who cuss you out rather poorly as them. I've seen so many felines vs. canine wars its not even funny. I don't bother to block em' either. To many.

I hope in the future the community straightens up. Items, prey, wings and a fighting system are dreams of most here. Though most of them probably won't be added we can wish can't we?

You all may kick me out now. xD
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:15:53 pm by Steak medium rare »

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:29 pm »
Nah. I dont think anyone will kick you out Steak. xD

I miss the monster ray. Best critter/boss there was. The fact that you could sit and wait for him to fade into view underwater and listen to his cry. It was really interesting really. The thing scared the bajeebers out of me though. >.<

But yeah... this thread is full of us IT vets (even the ones that joined near the end, like myself, I consider them IT veterans). I love reliving the good'ol days. But one thing that bothers me is the thought of someone popping in here and telling us to get over ourselves and stop living in the past, etc etc... Even if my best of best friends ever were to tell me that, it would bother me.

I just miss IT and I dont see in any way possible why kov would hate IT. If anything he should love it. Because it built the foundation for his upcoming games. (If he ever decides to make any) I hate my art after I look back on it at some point. But after a while I come to terms with it. Because I drew that before I got where I am today. Whether it was the worse thing I ever drew or not.

But thats just my opinion. Thats just me.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »
Omg. The monster ray was so entertaining. I loved it.

I honestly hope that some of this old IT stuff gets added back. I don't understand how Kov could hate IT, when it was enjoyed but so many others. Good ol' IT days, eh?
I would love to see more of IT's stuff added into this game. That would complete me. xD Just for it to have more of a feel...

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:40 pm »
Kov will make the game how he wants, get over it. Rant rant rant.

Lol, jk.  I never played IT (except for the tut download still available) but I watched videos for it.  Really, the wings and some items seemed a bit much for me, and leveling is just not something I'm good at.  I'm all for greater customization, in fact I'm putting together a marking pack with a whole bunch of planned natural and unnatural markings. I'm hoping to merge it into a bigger pack and perhaps Kov will take a liking to it and add it into the game. 
    Otherwise, I'd enjoy a greater customization ability as well, though I'd enjoy it more if it were kept to markings and colors.  Perhaps two or three markings and colors, or different colors for the three different body parts.  Wings would defeat the purpose of most of my maps.  Walking everywhere is very much the point, as (at least in my maps) it allows you to explore everything.  There are a couple of places you won't even be able to find unless you literally stumble into them.
     Items are okay as long as there's no rainbow ties, santa hats outrageous items and they're all public.

Oh, and the reason why Kovu probably hates IT has to do with artist's mentality.  Meaning, you hate most everything you create. >.> /fail reason.
...In my pants.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 08:51:33 pm »
and leveling is just not something I'm good at.  

IT never had leveling. :I

Oh, and the reason why Kovu probably hates IT has to do with artist's mentality.  Meaning, you hate most everything you create
I am an artist and I know this, as does Gem and everyone else Im sure. xD I mentioned that in my last post. But something tells me thats not the reason he hates it. I dont know if this something is right but I hope it is.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:03:49 pm by Tyki_Mikk »

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 09:15:02 pm »
and leveling is just not something I'm good at. 

IT never had leveling. :I

^ Never said it did, but someone posted (here) about leveling and some people talked about it and group it with items.

Oh, and the reason why Kovu probably hates IT has to do with artist's mentality.  Meaning, you hate most everything you create
I am an artist and I know this, as does Gem and everyone else Im sure. xD I mentioned that in my last post. But something tells me thats not the reason he hates it. I dont know if this something is right but I hope it is.

^So nice to know, I'm also an artist.  I was answering another person's post.  I don't use quotes because they take to much effort, though I suppose from now on I should.  To avoid confusion.  And, because I'm not Kovu so I don't know, all I can speculate is that it's artist's mentality.  A good lot probably has to do with how the models looked and even more on the problems with hackers and the ilk.  Most certainly other, more personal stuff we don't need to know about, but I think AM is a fairly reasonable guess.  /off topic.

All in all, I'm all for more customization but maybe in limited quantities, or something similar. 
...In my pants.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 09:37:57 pm »
I cant tell if you were being sarcastic when you say "So nice to know". I didnt know you were answering someone else. xD Sorry about that. I question if you were being sarcastic because (I say this alot) I find myself getting negative answers because people seem to think Im attacking them when I respond to their post. Happens a lot.
(I edited this post several times. o.o)

Anyway...
I was thinking it was the hacking too. With all the item drama I'd shut my crap down for good too. -_-;
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:12:03 pm by Tyki_Mikk »

slycan

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 11:17:09 pm »
complaining won't get updates out faster.

~just saying

you guys can call IT what ever you want but when you break it down - its the same crappy community and just more people.

I barely see any threads saying the up's on this game - it's always the same " people fighting" thing and " customization please!" that.

You guys have been giving so much freedom in this game ~ Presets , Maps ,a wide and growing rages of markings, tails, - and even look at the species thread.

Think about it - do you guys ~Really~ want this "community" to be like IT was? - I mean think about how some of the Staff were there, how you didn't have options to be creative 3D and Artistically, how there wasn't wolves , how there was hackers multiplying items and making huge characters called "Lag-o-saurus" ?

Do you guys -really- want that back ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:55:02 am by Slycan »

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 12:47:42 am »
Y'know Sly, when you say it like that, I was like "..Those are really good points." xD