Author Topic: ... Well, you see...  (Read 15948 times)

Tyki Mikk

Re: ... Well, you see...
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 03:42:16 am »
Lol Sly, those are good points. But thats not what we want. All I really want is a little less focus on the realism kinda look and add some gimmicks or something. Now, before anyone gets on my case, I know I know I know updates are on the way. Im just saying.

Actually I dont know what Im saying. Im just spewing the thoughts in my mind. xD

But anyway, we're just hoping Kov decides to bring some IT things. Not asking for items, wings, hackers or lag.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 05:04:21 am »
Well, from what I have seen hunting might be added. In one of the hunting threads Kovu posted about the hunting system he was thinking of, which sounded awesome.
More customisation would be good too, there is good customisation now, not everyone looks exactly the same (although you do notice a lot of people using the same colours...) but there could be and probably will be more.
But I think with the way things are now if Items are ever considered to be added, they should be held off for a while. There is enough complaints about lagging, if items are added people are just going to complain more... Items should wait until a few issues are fixed...

And on the topic of 'Realism'

I don't know how many times people have complained about if Kovu wants realism then he wouldn't let the characters be multicoloured, that he would add hunting, etc. and it seems to be the excuse for most people who want things added to the game. but he never said it was going to be focused on realism! HE WANTED REALISTIC ANATOMY.
I don't mean to be rude or anything while pointing this out, but most people who go on about the realism are very misinformed.
This is mostly meant for the Jazz person who posted about the game being realistic or something like that, and to fix up misunderstandings. And I think Kovu has done a good job at making the anatomy more realistic, I have seen some of the old models, and they are more cartoony, FH's model's look more detailed, you know?
And I know this post is going to be ignored... It's happened plenty of times before, try to fix up a misunderstanding and they don't want to hear it because it's their excuse or whatever for the things they want added...

Sorry if this post seems rude to anyone, or I have gotten off track... I'm not too good at putting my thoughts down in words.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 12:10:03 pm »
Kyu, I know that. And what Tyki said, we just want more of an IT feel back. Is that too much to ask? And yeah, I saw that thread. Hunting will most likely be added from what I've seen, but again... we just want some IT feel back. Is that too much to ask?

Y'know, I'm actually kinda disappointed that I haven't seen any trolls here yet LOL.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 12:31:49 pm »
  My comment wasn't directed at you. Or Tyki.
  It was meant for those who have mistaken realistic anatomy for all over realism. I never said anything against getting some of the old IT feel back. I simply tried to fix up any misunderstandings about the game supposed to be 'realistic'. I just wanted to clear up any mistunderstandings.
  And I did mention that Kovu had done a good job at making the models less cartoony, but I never said anything against the models being like that. I never said getting some of the old IT feel back would be bad. In fact, the models looking a little more cartoony would be cool.
  Sorry if I sound rude, but I felt like I had to clear that up. I never said anything against going a little more like IT.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Kayo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Wolf in sheeps clothing is more than a warning
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 03:41:35 pm »
i remember somewhere that someone said FH it was gonna be like IT but also a completely different game. I think its like.. i dont know how to put it but... a moral of some sort?

slycan

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 05:52:05 pm »
@Kyu

This was my favorite part , cuz its true..

It's happened plenty of times before, try to fix up a misunderstanding and they don't want to hear it because it's their excuse or whatever for the things they want added...

Maslien3

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 01:32:52 am »
And what Tyki said, we just want more of an IT feel back. Is that too much to ask?

As much as I agree with you (about wanting that "IT feel")..... I don't think it will ever happen. Even if Kovu tries to add some of the old things, I don't think it will ever be the same.

And that's my opinion, and feel free to disagree but... just sayin. :c

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 01:34:52 pm »
Tyki, I wasn't being sarcastic. (Well, half of me was, but the other half was very pleased at knowing how many artists are on FH's forums.  The first half was just in a bad mood. >.>)  I get you, and I know you weren't attacking me, lol.  Just a bad mood I got caught in.  You made nice points.

And I think I want to start a thread praising FH's awesomeness.  I fear it shall be clogged with "but it'd be better if___" posts.  This is actually the first game I can play.  And by that I mean, I can honestly play it.  I fail at other games (Silent Hill, Call of Duty, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Second Life... I've tried every game and dramatically fail at them, so FH being a game where I don't have to do anything is really awesome to me.)  Also, being able to be artistically involved is just awesome! :3
...In my pants.

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 08:35:45 pm »
^Thats good. xD I was kinda worried I'd upset yet another person unintentionally.

I hope they add the hunting soon so I can make maps just for that purpose. I've been waiting forever and Im so psyched about hunting with my friends again. Even though the critters wont drop anything, with the banning of items, it'll still be fun.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »
I'm hoping that prey behaves more realistically rather than just wandering aimlessly in the map xD