Author Topic: ... Well, you see...  (Read 15959 times)

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
Re: ... Well, you see...
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 11:33:13 pm »
Lol Teal, that much I hope for as well. xD

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:03 am »
Yeah. That'll add some fun. Like if the player has to actually stalk up close enough and bolt at it like real canines and felines do in the wild. I dont think they had that in IT. The animals would walk up to you and run off like you werent even there.  xD

redthedog10

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:00 pm »
I agree even though I never played IT.We have limits now and I am a VERY cretive person and I don't like these limts...thats why I got off Wolf Quest.I want Arokai now that I have noticed these limits.Arokai will have less limits and I will always be on there if FH is not edited to be more unlimeted in creativeity.x3

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2011, 07:16:16 pm »
Short and to the point from me.

Impressive Title was Impressive Title.
FeralHeart will be FeralHeart.

We can hope and work together to improve the game, and keep Impressive Title in our memories and not let go of what was once.

And I'm not surprised at FH's outcome.

But, as hard as it may be to some, attempt a positive outlook on the game.
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2011, 07:43:33 pm »
Well, I never played IT before. So, yeah. xD But, here's what I have to say.
You can never please anyone with new games. Sequels, etc. Besides, I heard that FH wasn't even supposed to be a remake of IT. It's a completely new game. Just takes some getting used to. :3 Besides, you just got to be patient. I bet the admin have more add-ons coming, that will make the game even better. It's fairly new, and still needs fixing. ;3 It'll be as good as IT in times to come. Perhaps better. 8)

Offline Jinchuuriki

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Im an Indestructible Master of War
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 12:03:55 am »
I agree with Kahara.

Also, maybe its just me because ive been with IT so long, im used to all the constant changes.

You also have to keep in mind that the making of Feralheart was kind of pushed and that everyone wanted it out so badly, Kovu threw it out there without much things in it. Yes it may not be what everyone was expecting, but future updates will make the game better and what was wanted.

Finally, Ferlaheart is supposed to be a remake of IT, but IT was bare like this too when it first started, with only [1] map which was default. So really FH is already looking to have a greater future than IT did.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2011, 04:03:46 am »
It's called nostalgia, and it's happened with a lot of good games recently.

Those who hate what Activision did with poor Spyro will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Grew up with the old things/experienced the old things and are thus believing that the old is needed/would make things more interesting. IMO every time I got something I wanted in a game I got bored. VERY quickly. Mainly because I couldn't make up my mind on what to do after.

Personally I'm enjoying seeing how FH is different [excluding game community issues; some people are taking the word "feral" a little too seriously > >]. Though that's mainly because I never got to experience IT in it's old days. I played for 45 minutes, and uninstalled it to escape from the mayhem.

I honestly would like to see some old IT things put back to see what I missed, but I'm also wanting to see what FH could become without much IT influence.

LOL with all the opinions on why Kov would "hate" FH. I actually have a pretty good idea on the actual reason. But I'm going to keep it to myself. |D

My opinion is pretty much useless since I'm thinking of joining a game project more than playing this, personally. > > Just my psychological opinions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:13:38 am by Shusuke »

Hiccupby

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 12:51:16 am »
wow, this is a super interesting read, and people are so polite even though they are of dissenting opinions. I think that is an indication that atleast on the forums a good community exists ^_^.  Here's my two cents: I haven't played IT, but thought the characters were positively delightful looking due to their personality.  I think that this is still a fledgling game, and things are moveing slowly especially since it's privately funded, I love the ability to make presets and private maps, but I too am hoping for more exploratin in the customization front- not wings necessarily but more along the lines of more freedom with proportions, markings, and additions such as manes etc.  And though after reading through a lot of things it DOES seem as if Kovu doesn't pay much attention to the forums.  But  I think we are wrong in assuming that he wont listen to atleast SOME of the ideas. Why? Because, as personal a project as this game is to him, he put it online for a reason inspite of it being so personal, he wants people to share his creation, see what they do with it, watch them test it etc.  and people will lose faith and interest if FH continues as it is.  Seeing that Kovu obviously put this up because he wants to share/test it he doesn't want to lose that user base, so updating reasonably on customization and such is a necessary evil for him and the survival of this game- it's just good public artist sense, do you think andy warhol wanted to paint millions of campbells soup cans? probably not, but he did it because people loved it and he wanted to share his creation (and make money) so in order to keep on seeing people on the FH server some things do have to be compromised.  I think the reason that we are seeing a lack of update is because we have this massive list of customize this and bug fix that that needs to be prioritezed and then implemented.  I'm impatient and a little annoyed  along with the rest of y'all on that front, but at the same time I understand.  You know what I'd really appreciate? News.  A post here and there about upcoming features, things being fixed, screenshots of works in progress. Case in point, Antilla is an upcoming anthro rpg, and the creator kindly and faithfully puts up a news post each month on the progress being made no matter how small- just to reasure us that they still care about the game, are still thinking about it  are still making it.  I think the lack of newsposts like that- a lack  indication that the game is still cared about and being worked on, is what has me most riled up/disturbed.  So to end this ramble a newspost from the other end here and there so we can be reasured that FH hasn't been abandoned in the state it is in now would be lovely and sooth the angry lions and wolves out there. I'm frustrated too, but I want to cling to hope , if some of you will join me :3
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:54:26 am by Higby »

Hiccupby

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:45 am »
lol sorry for the wall of text guys XP

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 01:00:59 am »
Whoa, nice text wall. xD
And I would love to hear some news on updates and such right now, but I'm not sure if anyone but Kovu knows exactly what's coming up and how to explain it. But eh, I guess we'll have to wait and see.