Author Topic: Preset help - Failed To Export Preset  (Read 2542 times)

Offline *Wonderland*

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset help - Failed To Export Preset
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »
I tried countless times to Export a preset that a friend made me into the game but every time I get this pop up:

I haven't changed anything- it's set to default and I even tried re-starting the game yet with no luck.
Can anyone help? It would be greatly Appreciated <'3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Preset help - Failed To Export Preset
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »
Hmmz.. This could be a texture or rendering system related problem. When you wear other preset numbers (ones you have not used yet) does the texture turn out white or black and yellow? If it's white, do you the main menu and select 'options'//video/rendering subsystem//Direct3D9 then relaunch FH and try again. If that doesn't work, restart your PC. I had to do that because it wouldn't take full affect, but after, it worked.

If you're still having trouble, change the preset number by going to your preset's folder in FeralHeart//My_Presets//Preset_(yourpreset'snumberhere) Once you've done that, locate the images inside the folder. You will have preset_#body, preset_#head, preset_#eye etc... All you need to do is change the number to the same number that is in the material file and place the image into the unused folder you want to change it to.

Hopefully this will fix your problem, I wish you good luck. If you're a little confused about this, feel free to come back and ask or contact me via PM~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline *Wonderland*

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:42:45 pm »
Sorry it took me so long to reply!
And thank you for the help but sadly nothing has changed- although I did find something that was strange, though I cant export the preset to my account it allows me to do so on my sisters account, xXTwilightMistXx, My username is *Wonderland* and everyone without the '*' in their names also managed to use the preset, do you think it has something to do with that? and if so am I able to change my username some how?

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »
It is exactly that. Your game is trying to export your preset as *Wonderland*_3.fhp (or whatever number it is) but have you ever tried naming a file with a * symbol? This little box pops up;

and lets you know you can't do that.

There is not a way to change your username though (at the moment anyway), sadly.

Offline *Wonderland*

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 06:09:29 pm »
Yes, that's exactly what popped up, thank you for informing me that this is the reason why, I'll leave the thread un locked for anyone having the same trouble in the future

Offline *Wonderland*

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 06:11:31 pm »
Thank you for the help! I understand now ^^
I'll leave the thread un locked in case anyone has this problem in the future

Offline wolfru

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Yep, le science is meh thing
    • View Profile
    • blackwolfheart12.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 04:55:12 am »
I have the same but not symbols or anything can someone PM me if they have an answer, I'll try to change the number in the preset and see if that helps
Need help? PM me.
Sig by me.

Formerly ~Black-Wolf~

Offline wolfru

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Yep, le science is meh thing
    • View Profile
    • blackwolfheart12.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:55:47 am »
*problem*
Need help? PM me.
Sig by me.

Formerly ~Black-Wolf~

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »
I have the same but not symbols or anything can someone PM me if they have an answer, I'll try to change the number in the preset and see if that helps
If you have the same problem, but it's... not the same problem, you might want to try creating your own thread with a little more detail. (Also if you make a typo, there is the nifty Modify post button, so you don't have double post. o; )
Anyway, you shouldn't be having problems if your name doesn't have weird symbols or spaces..
Hopefully you figure something out though, let us know if not? c:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:06:46 pm by xRuby1234x »