Author Topic: FH online users playing  (Read 6062 times)

blackje123

FH online users playing
« on: November 20, 2014, 10:04:21 am »
we all know when you scroll up you see how many people are playing, but what is the highest/lowest number you've ever seen?

i remember when i first discovered fh it said (if i'm not mistaken) over 2000 people were playing! that's a lot!

today i went on here and then saw this

like, dude! what happened!? where did they go?

so, what did you floofs see?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: FH online users playing
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:22:02 pm »
Vesp cannot quite recall the highest number of users precisely I've seen online in one sittin' but it was 'round the 1,900 mark.

As for yer ponder ma'dam, most likely the reason as to why the number is so low is due to the time ye' checked (as we all lurk in different time zones) and it's good to keep in mind that a majority of the users could be busy with educational matters such as school or college. To put it shortly.

Movin' this to the Forum Discussion board.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:24:36 pm by Vespian »
gone

Offline kryoa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • rumble!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:41:43 pm »
Ah, around 11:40 pm for me, the most amount of players is in the 400 mark ;v ;
but after a few friends of mine played this game, they sure enough slowly grew tired /)n(\
icon by : gravitii @ deviantart

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 03:46:48 am »
Time zones and time of year, put simply.

FH's first few months did break 1000 frequently, though I'm not sure it ever really got up to 2000 (I could be wrong here).

Nowadays, we normally drop to about 100-300 users during inactive hours (about 2am-8am EST), and then slowly grows throughout the day until peak hours, where we get 800-900 users online at around 5pm-7pm EST.
Since we're also getting near end-of-semester finals tests, majority of our younger users who are still in school are also busy studying, and so we do lose a few members during this busy time of year, as well. They return during winter and summer breaks, however, prompting another increase in regular online users.

That said, you caught the user count during inactive hours. This is a common sight for western-US, Pacific Isle and Australian users, since your normal active hours (the afternoon and evening) tend to match up with the rest of the game's sleepy hours.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 02:22:54 pm »
When most people speak of players online, or how dead it is now, they always compare the most online count they ever seen, with the generally quiet hours of the day, something that isn't exactly accurate or a reliable way to do such. Since the early days in FH, the most inactive hours has always been around 8:00-13:00 GMT/UTC time which also means around the early morning hours in "most" of the U.S. Time zones plays the biggest role in all this since the player base consists mostly of Americans and I don't think it would be a lie if I said they fill up at the very least 50% of the user base. From what I can understand too regarding Europeans(me included), some will take whatever chance they can to stay up a bit longer whenever the chance is given to be around when peak hours occur and most Americans log on. When I was able to and didn't have school or work pulling in me, my sleep pattern was suited to fit EST/EDT timezone rather than a European one, which means I'd stay up until 6am most of the nights.

Like the others above me I personally never saw the count go past 2000 players, but it was not uncommon to see it easily span past 1000 during peak hours which is most americans evenings when they're home from school or even work. I also recall very strongly that in the first half year or so when the game was up, during the quiet hours it was common to see the player count around 30-70 users online on regular weekdays.

A decline in users during peak hours has taken place though since it used to be more, but I feel like it's a rather reasonable/understandable change judging on the over all situation of the game. However some log on one morning and claiming the game is dead when they don't understand the importance and differences of time zones can get a bit amusing at times since the game is very alive and well for what it is and has been.

On a slightly different perspective.
A lot of "other" games out there live on hype and promises, treats for the players or just things to keep players occupied. FeralHeart was hyped to no end as well and people had their hopes up for a long time when it come to things to happen to this game, even new players joining today, the more you spend time into the game and community you realize that "what you can see is what you get". FeralHeart as a game and those taking care of it cannot promise anything plain off the bat, and just roleplaying, or sitting about as a lion talking to people might not be everyone's cup of tea(I know creation of mods and maps and what not exists but it's not as much "plainly playing" the game in my eyes). So that people come and go is not really a stranger aye? But as far as this player count goes, it's nothing out of the ordinary.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

blackje123

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 08:19:02 pm »
i was just surprised because the number was so low and i never really realized it was possible XD but now i understand why the number was so low! its cause i live in europe and the time i was on XD
thanks for explaining!  ;D ;D

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 03:57:50 pm »
Due to my time zone, the highest number of people I've seen online was around the 600 point. But if I played with 1000+ players online, I'm sure the lag would be crazy, especially in Flourite :P

Usually, on Saturday nights where I live, it is probably the most populated I would see for the rest of the week.
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 07:17:02 am »
I am not sure when I last saw the smallest or highest number count or the numbers itself.

Also my dear this if I am not mistaken is an old thread. Not sure if us bumping it is a good or bad thing. ^^;

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Keyyva

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 10:07:55 am »
I remember about 2 years ago, I was sick and stayed home from school (I'm EST) and I went on FH, there was like 28 people online and let me tell you, it was dead - like go to Mars dead. I did not find anyone physically, just talked to them through general - we were all in Fluorite Plains I think.

And the max was roughly what is was already said; 2000.
Avatar (c) Vexi [Used with permission-gift art]

Offline Thornscars

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • don't you cry
    • flower-magic
    • flower magic
    • blossomserpent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 06:06:26 am »
I think the max amount I saw online was before I joined at 1700, the max I've seen now that I have an account? I'm not exactly sure, but 800-1000.

signature by cordisawire