Author Topic: FH getting unpopular..?  (Read 3503 times)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
FH getting unpopular..?
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:21:55 am »
Neeeigh I had this feeling that FH is soon dying. Usually at this time, around 7 PM, EST where I am and I go to the FP bridge, it usually is packed. But for the past few days, it feels like midnight. Where theres a few people lurking around. Yet on the people counter, there's 147 people [AS OF 9:21 PM EST]

Is there like, spring break all over the world or...?

Plus, the forums are not as active as they are, I feel too. ewe

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

DreamerDay

Re: FH getting unpopular..?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:30:18 am »
I wouldn't say it would be spring or the lack of interest? Maybe the it's the cause of registration? Even if it organized and calms down the anger mob of users crashing into the forums and games, it's probably that holding then up. Then again, it does only open  up a few times during the day. But anyway, maybe some of the users are probably in bonfire? You never know.

But yesh, you can't blame the time zones. Not everyone lives in the same area with the time. As for the forums, most users also don't like the community - that I must agree. Most these days they prefer to run wild and get ban while they're at it. :/ I think the reason for that because they know the staff usually hangs out in the forum than the game, so it gives them a chance to break the rules. I don't know. just a thought.

But I see we're chu are coming at.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:34:50 am »
This month is a big season for exams as most semesters start closing or nearing a close. For college folks most just finished midterms but are already preparing for finals and high school and elementary folks are getting ready for the end of the year soon. This time of year always sees a slight slow down both on site and in game but it's totally normal and doesn't suggest that FH is dying in anyway. As with anything there are just different trends during different points in the year.

Rizzla

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:07:04 am »
I wouldn't say FH is "becoming unpopular" as such, but I can see how some may think that.
It's most likely just because of the school year coming to a close for most people, I have a feeling the game as well as the forum will become more active when the summer holidays finally start. Like Suragaha said... T'is the season for exams.

And as for the forum situation... Most of the community don't even post on the forum... If they're on here, it's probably because they are looking for a map download or something. I doubt the forum will ever be as busy as in-game, no matter what time of the year it is. Why? Simply because most members - especially new ones - really don't have a reason (other than that) to be here. The game's download links have their own page entirely, so looking through forum threads isn't necessary. After that they're off and into the game and chances are they won't be back on the website for a while.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 03:00:27 am »
Lord Sura has a point there. This would be the time of year when kids (the majority age group of FH) are studying for exams, state tests, etc. I'm sure when summer break rolls around, there will be more activity in the game. To be honest, I've been getting ready for the end of the school year, especially since I'm going to graduate from college this year.
Inactive

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:16:54 am »
Yea, grades and exams are my main focus atm. o3o
But I swear, as soon as May and June are over with, I will finally be breaching out of school and splashing into summer finally. So FH may seem dull and dying, even I noticed it, but, like the others said, exams and grades

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 04:04:51 pm »
Exams do indeed play a huge role on the current 'inactivity' of FH, and it's true that I have seen some people leave. But, on the other hand, This time of the year isn't much more silent than the same time in the years before. It's a busy period, as to say.
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Master_callos

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 04:17:33 pm »
Game player counts always dip up and down, it's nothing major. And like others have said, exams are playing a big part in the lower number of players.

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 02:04:21 am »
Honestly, I do think that Feral Heart has become a bit inactive. I think it's partially because of the forum registration closing during most of the day [seriously, I don't get why it's closed so often tbh] and also partially because Kovu left and there hasn't been any updates for years.

But honestly I don't think that Feral Heart has died yet. I mean, this is a pretty busy time of the year. It's when the last semester is ending, so people will naturally have to take tests and will have  a lot of work piled up. I'm sure that the activity will increase during summer. And I think that a lot of kids around this time literally don't have time to even go on FH because they're so busy with schoolwork [seriously, baby boomers who calls teens lazy really need to look at all the homework we do], and they will probably get on more often in the summer when there's no school.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 02:33:47 pm »
This month is a big season for exams as most semesters start closing or nearing a close. For college folks most just finished midterms but are already preparing for finals and high school and elementary folks are getting ready for the end of the year soon. This time of year always sees a slight slow down both on site and in game but it's totally normal and doesn't suggest that FH is dying in anyway. As with anything there are just different trends during different points in the year.
^Exactly.

This is the way it's been for over four years, so the peak numbers always dip down a little around April/May, and then pick up again once June starts to set in. Since majority of our users are school-age and some college students (myself included in the latter), it's natural that people have to devote a bit more time to their studies before summertime.

Plus, the numbers fluctuate on a day-to-day basis as it is. At this moment, 10:30AM EST, we're at around 200 users, which is normal for this time of day. At around 5pm-7pm EST, the hours will peak up to about 700-800.
Coming in June and the summer months, those 5-7 peak hours will swell to about 800-900 during that time.

Normal cycles, pretty much. ^^
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||