Author Topic: Your Opinion For Being Yourself?  (Read 3194 times)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Your Opinion For Being Yourself?
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:54:40 pm »
I know usually the main people on FH make their characters sorta darkish colors and few markings. You hardly see very bright colored characters anymore, with Mass Markings and all... I'm having a little trouble with making my character the way I want it to look, but I don't want people making fun of me... :c You see, I like having an Australian Shepherd like canine character... I make it bright colors ... Only two colors, really. Black and White. Those two colors blended in with one of my favorite Mass marking really gives it the merle look, ya know? But I'm afraid that people will think it's lame and unoriginal. But I've never seen anyone else look like that and I really like it. I want to look how I want to look but I also want to fit in with other people... Without looking lame... What do you think I should do...?
[/color]

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion For Being Yourself?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 03:23:23 pm »
Hey, Cybril, I see where you're coming from and yeah, lots of people do have their own characters that are usually dark, true. If you want a straightforward answer to your question on what you should do, it's this;

Do exactly what you intend to do.

Who's to say your character is not original? Even if it's a generic dog or a bright colored panther, if you made that character on your own, it is original. Make the characters you want! If anything, if people are mostly dark characters, you'll stand out from the crowd. Which is never a bad thing! The more you stand out, the more attention you get! Whether it's positive or negative view to someone else, the thing is, someone notices you.

So, be yourself, please, especially, if you can. Some people are too afraid to be themselves, so they follow the crowd to be safe. Do what you like and create what you like. You can't please everyone with your character, but there is one person you must please at all times, yourself.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:40:13 pm »
Hey, Cybril, I see where you're coming from and yeah, lots of people do have their own characters that are usually dark, true. If you want a straightforward answer to your question on what you should do, it's this;

Who's to say your character is not original? Even if it's a generic dog or a bright colored panther, if you made that character on your own, it is original. Make the characters you want! If anything, if people are mostly dark characters, you'll stand out from the crowd. Which is never a bad thing! The more you stand out, the more attention you get! Whether it's positive or negative view to someone else, the thing is, someone notices you.

So, be yourself, please, especially, if you can. Some people are too afraid to be themselves, so they follow the crowd to be safe. Do what you like and create what you like. You can't please everyone with your character, but there is one person you must please at all times, yourself.

I agree with FoxPhilosopher, he's right.
There could never be enough originality in character-making, so don't be afraid to look unique. 
You'll inspire others :]

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 06:46:19 pm »
Hello, Cybril. It looks like you're trying to have a bit of fun with your character while still looking like you fit in with the rest of the Feral Heart members. I'll tell you what might be a good idea.

It doesn't matter if you don't fit in- not fitting in is a good thing because it makes you stand out. Standing out in itself makes you original. Fox said above that simply because your character might have a similar design to other characters, does not make your character unoriginal. I could not agree more. I guarantee you, there is not another person whose character is exactly the same as yours.

If you want to be a bright neon character then you should go for it. If you want to be a pitch-black character then go for it. If you want to be something weird and abnormal, then go for it. If you want to be a stereotypical character, then go for it. Make your character however you'd like. Don't worry about people making fun of it- they're probably just jealous because they hadn't thought of creating a character like yours. Chances are, they won't make fun of it either- they might even praise you for it.

Trust me. You will not look lame. It's hard to be lame on Feral Heart. There's so much creativity and options to make whatever kind of character you'd like. And I bet your character's going to be pretty great.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 10:39:59 pm »
Just be yourself and do whatever you want to do, that's my advice anyway. There is nothing wrong with making a character how you want to!
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 01:06:50 pm »
Just.
Be yourself and do what you'd like to do.

Tbh if no one lieks who you are or what you do, they are probably not worth having around.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 03:59:13 pm »
Hello, Cybril. It looks like you're trying to have a bit of fun with your character while still looking like you fit in with the rest of the Feral Heart members. I'll tell you what might be a good idea.

It doesn't matter if you don't fit in- not fitting in is a good thing because it makes you stand out. Standing out in itself makes you original. Fox said above that simply because your character might have a similar design to other characters, does not make your character unoriginal. I could not agree more. I guarantee you, there is not another person whose character is exactly the same as yours.

If you want to be a bright neon character then you should go for it. If you want to be a pitch-black character then go for it. If you want to be something weird and abnormal, then go for it. If you want to be a stereotypical character, then go for it. Make your character however you'd like. Don't worry about people making fun of it- they're probably just jealous because they hadn't thought of creating a character like yours. Chances are, they won't make fun of it either- they might even praise you for it.

Trust me. You will not look lame. It's hard to be lame on Feral Heart. There's so much creativity and options to make whatever kind of character you'd like. And I bet your character's going to be pretty great.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. You're advice will stay with me, and I'll be sure to use it. :)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »
Just.
Be yourself and do what you'd like to do.

Tbh if no one lieks who you are or what you do, they are probably not worth having around.
Thank you. c:

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 04:02:38 pm »

Thank you so much, that really builds up my confidence. I really appreciate you taking the time into so much detail into your reply, I will keep your words with me forever. ^-^

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 04:03:32 pm »

I agree with FoxPhilosopher, he's right.
There could never be enough originality in character-making, so don't be afraid to look unique. 
You'll inspire others :]
I hope I do inspire others, thank you. :)