Author Topic: Blast From the Past  (Read 3026 times)

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Blast From the Past
« on: September 05, 2016, 03:41:57 am »
Hey guys! I've only been in the FH community for two years, and while I'm always excited to see that there are people on the game, I was thinking about the highest amount of players I've seen online, which is between 700-800, when I first started. Rarely do I see it that high nowadays. But I've heard from true veterans that there were times when there were 2,000+ people online at once, which to me is mindboggling. Insane! So, I decided to use the Wayback Machine to see if that really was true. And the FeralHeart site was a little wonky.

It had a weird category called "DE Forum," which I have no idea what it is. The section called "Manual" today was called "Documentation," which to me is a bit strange. The home page in the earliest ones mentioned some type of shoutbox that I never saw. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to capture any days where there were more than 300 people playing, or at least any moments.

If you guys want to play around and see what the forum was like as far back as 2011, here's a link:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150324033601*/http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=1

What's the highest you guys have ever seen the "Game server online with _____ users playing" counter go up to? Doesn't have to be exact. :3

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Blast From the Past
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:46:35 am »
Whoa....old FH in the glory days...I would have loved to see that...(I also joined two years ago. xD) I may have to check this out.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:50:50 am »
Oh man, that was some nostalgia right there. I could see my username change over time, and even saw myself having a green title for a bit! Kinda interesting seeing how the forum changed over time, and the members as well!

As for the question, the most I've seen is about 1000+ members online back in the "good ol days". Haven't really seen it go up that high since about 2015, but I'm sure it has at least once. I've only been around since late 2012ish, but the average number of people in-game used to be a lot higher around when I joined.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 10:16:01 am »
Was "de Forum" forum in german?
Highest for me was only 700+.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 11:34:01 am »
I'm pretty sure the DE Forum is the German Feral Heart forum, I haven't stuck around for that long though. It makes me wonder why they decide to make a Deutsch forum in the first place.
I sorta joined in a year before the FH renaissance when it was slowly decaying, so I haven't witnessed much but 900-something people at the time the recent update was online.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 12:35:10 pm »
I've been aware of this "Web Archive" and started using it earlier this year. It's amazing, no doubt!
As for the DE Forum, Tigg was the admin  - until she passed her power there onto Takani.
It was a german forum for german-speaking people with its own staff members. Just a different language version of the forum.

So, the most amount of players I've seen is around 700-800. Though, I belive someone told me once that it was around the 1900 mark. '^^

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 01:42:15 pm »
Well, I joined around 2013, but I didn't get into the forums until I made my second account in late 2014. I vaguely remember some of the old staff, but not too much.
As for user count, I usually saw it in the 700s way back when.

Interesin' topic.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 02:15:23 pm »
Ahh...this brings back memories...

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 04:43:21 pm »
I joined in 2012, so looking at this has been a bit of a refresher xD Wow! Some old faces back then, I'd almost forgotten about half of them! :x

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »
I joined early January 2011 which was the month that FH was released (I'm still trying to find out FH's actual release date to compare my registration date to). I remember the first day I got on, Bonfire Island was packed. Back then, there was no Lonely Cave, so everyone spawned on Bonfire. After about 40 minutes of admiring everyone's characters I started exploring and the other maps were pretty populated too. I don't know the exact number, but it had to have been over 1,000 people.
Wow, takes me back ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.