Author Topic: Would you still play FeralHeart in your older years? And another question...  (Read 6012 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Would you still play FeralHeart in your older years? And another question...
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 03:11:31 am »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Would you still play FeralHeart in your older years? And another question...
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 12:28:46 am »
1.) I would probably want to come back briefly but not to stay around. I would come back to reminisce no doubt. It would be a special experience being able to look back at Feral Heart and see where the community has gone, and what new generations call it home. It would be amusing to see the new groups and trends going on, the new staff managing it etc. (lmao imagine if Raz was the server host still, oh dear)

2.) To be honest most often due to knowledge and experience with the world I would be a bit iffy since it's rare older folks would hand around a game like this if not for more corrupt reasons... However I would still be polite unless given the reason to be concerned. I know my mom is a really fun loving person and big time gamer even as an adult so I can understand if an adult stumbled on to Feral Heart and tried it out of curiousity. My cautious nature makes me more suspicious at first though so yeah...

Cool topic

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 02:09:30 am »
To answer your first question, age itself would not necessarily prevent me from staying interested in and playing the game, but I would probably have to take in quite a few other factors, as well. The age itself is most likely not what would prevent me from wanting to continue playing, but I would presume that I would not have as much free time as I do now, along with other things such as: Perhaps a job, a career, other priorities, and other things that I haven't yet experienced. While Feral Heart will always have a special place in my heart, I cannot say with certainty that I would be able to see it in the way that it is currently. That's not to say that it's not a possibility, though-- and it would certainly be a neat thing to be able to come back and reminisce-- and if it felt right to continue playing the game, I wouldn't stop because it's often socially-understood that older folk cannot enjoy the games that they used to love due to its more childish nature.

For the second question, I could understand if they had a love and interest for the game, although as a few have mentioned before me, I would be a little cautious. If I were to put myself in their shoes, however, I don't think I would have much to say against them. It's sad that nowadays we immediately consider anyone who is an older citizen that plays a game geared toward a younger audience to be a sort of suspicious figure, although it's a sad reality in occasional cases. As long as they acted in a kind way and weren't doing anything to harm anyone, I wouldn't have anything against them playing and joining in with the fun, too.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:11:18 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 02:36:29 am »
I honestly don't think I'd be able to stay hooked past high school. I'm nearly 15 now, and already starting to lose some activity, but who knows what the future will hold.

As for the second part, I'd be pretty skeptical. Especially since a few close friends of mine have had some nasty experiences with older members of a community such as this one, I'd keep my guard up. Not to say I wouldn't try to be polite as with anyone else, but, keeping my distance would feel safest for me.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
I think checking out the game in thirty/forty years would be really interesting and hilarious :D

Currently running out of reasons to keep playing though

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
1.) I would probably want to come back briefly but not to stay around. I would come back to reminisce no doubt. It would be a special experience being able to look back at Feral Heart and see where the community has gone, and what new generations call it home. It would be amusing to see the new groups and trends going on, the new staff managing it etc. (lmao imagine if Raz was the server host still, oh dear)

2.) To be honest most often due to knowledge and experience with the world I would be a bit iffy since it's rare older folks would hand around a game like this if not for more corrupt reasons... However I would still be polite unless given the reason to be concerned. I know my mom is a really fun loving person and big time gamer even as an adult so I can understand if an adult stumbled on to Feral Heart and tried it out of curiousity. My cautious nature makes me more suspicious at first though so yeah...

Cool topic

Thanks Sura! (And poor Raz xD)

To answer your first question, age itself would not necessarily prevent me from staying interested in and playing the game, but I would probably have to take in quite a few other factors, as well. The age itself is most likely not what would prevent me from wanting to continue playing, but I would presume that I would not have as much free time as I do now, along with other things such as: Perhaps a job, a career, other priorities, and other things that I haven't yet experienced. While Feral Heart will always have a special place in my heart, I cannot say with certainty that I would be able to see it in the way that it is currently. That's not to say that it's not a possibility, though-- and it would certainly be a neat thing to be able to come back and reminisce-- and if it felt right to continue playing the game, I wouldn't stop because it's often socially-understood that older folk cannot enjoy the games that they used to love due to its more childish nature.

For the second question, I could understand if they had a love and interest for the game, although as a few have mentioned before me, I would be a little cautious. If I were to put myself in their shoes, however, I don't think I would have much to say against them. It's sad that nowadays we immediately consider anyone who is an older citizen that plays a game geared toward a younger audience to be a sort of suspicious figure, although it's a sad reality in occasional cases. As long as they acted in a kind way and weren't doing anything to harm anyone, I wouldn't have anything against them playing and joining in with the fun, too.

I agree with a lot of your points. In later adulthood, there will obviously be more in your life standing in the way of playing FeralHeart like we do now. But, if it was still around it'd be nice to look around and reminisce.  And being cautious is sadly the reality of seeing an older person in a game for younger people. If only we didn't have to be cautious, ya know?  Thanks for replying

I honestly don't think I'd be able to stay hooked past high school. I'm nearly 15 now, and already starting to lose some activity, but who knows what the future will hold.

As for the second part, I'd be pretty skeptical. Especially since a few close friends of mine have had some nasty experiences with older members of a community such as this one, I'd keep my guard up. Not to say I wouldn't try to be polite as with anyone else, but, keeping my distance would feel safest for me.

I agree about the skepticism. Unfortunately we have to be in today's world. Thanks for replying!

I think checking out the game in thirty/forty years would be really interesting and hilarious :D

Currently running out of reasons to keep playing though

Might be pretty funny to see right? Lol  Thanks for replying

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
1. I have a feeling that I probably will, when I have the time. Thought I gave it up shortly after beginning college, but after taking a break for a few years, I am right back here. Sooner or later, I will always come back as long as it exists I think.

2. I would be glad that someone older than I plays this!
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
1. I have a feeling that I probably will, when I have the time. Thought I gave it up shortly after beginning college, but after taking a break for a few years, I am right back here. Sooner or later, I will always come back as long as it exists I think.

2. I would be glad that someone older than I plays this!

I played in 8th grade and my freshman year of highschool, left for the remaining years of highschool and came back a year after I'd graduated so I'm in a similar boat to you haha. Thank you for replyin'

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:50:00 pm by OnionKnight »

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile