Author Topic: Help with re-downloading Feral Heart  (Read 1587 times)

Offline press9

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • press9
    • View Profile
Help with re-downloading Feral Heart
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:06:32 am »
Hello,
I was a happy member of feral heart for a fairly long time, 4 or 5 years, enjoyed the game thoroughly and had never experienced problems until now. I'm on a mac computer if that makes any difference, but I don't believe it should since my problems only came after the big update came about. I'm also not the smartest when it comes to technology... Anyway, when I saw the new update I automatically thought that I wouldn't need the old Feral Heart version and so I deleted it. I came back to the Feral Heart website and clicked under where it says 'Mac and Linux users click here', so I did. Following the instructions, trying to download everything, then something popped up and told me I need to update my Adobe Flash Player, so I tried. Now this is what confused me... I got an extremely bad bug ( It was an easy fix but very stressful. I have a lot of important things on this comp. ) that made every web page I open be invaded with adds and sounds, it was a mess. I don't know what I did wrong, this never happened before. I don't know if it was the Adobe, which is an application approved by Mac, or whatever I application I tried downloading from this site, but I stupidly tried to multidownload everything. I'm currently running still on OS X Yosemite, but that shouldn't contribute to the problems I've had since it ran perfectly fine on the older FH. Whenever I try now, as in recently, it says it cannot open the FH setup file because no available application can open it.

If anyone could be of any help it would be greatly appriciated. When this problem first arose I shrugged it off and thought I could deal without the lure of Feral Heart, but I've grown to really miss the RPing.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:41:50 pm by press9 »

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: Help with re-downloading
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 07:58:07 pm »
I've read through this several times, and I'll have to look into it more once I have access to my laptop, but did you say if you completely deleted the download of FH that was giving you trouble, and if you reinstalled it?

And have you heard of/used the Wine program for Mac before? It should allow you to run .exe files.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:08:50 pm »
Hmm, that is odd. No bugs are normally caused by Adobe Flash Player.
The only thing I would assume caused those popups would have to be the adf.ly link.
You downloaded XQuartz, PlayOnMac and the FHunix.POL, correct?
How far did you get with installing the game on PlayOnMac?   

Though I have never run into that problem on Mac,
I would like to recommend WineSkin. I use this instead of PlayOnMac
and I would be more than happy to help you out with it.

Offline press9

• Forum Newcomer
    • press9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 11:21:17 pm »
I've read through this several times, and I'll have to look into it more once I have access to my laptop, but did you say if you completely deleted the download of FH that was giving you trouble, and if you reinstalled it?

And have you heard of/used the Wine program for Mac before? It should allow you to run .exe files.

I deleted everything Feral Heart, old and new, on my computer after I got the bug. When I had FH before it did run through the wine program. 
Also I just went to the Adobe download page today and it successfully updated, so I have that at least.
Hopefully we can find some sort of silver lining with all this BS.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:43:09 pm by press9 »

Offline press9

• Forum Newcomer
    • press9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 11:28:25 pm »
Hmm, that is odd. No bugs are normally caused by Adobe Flash Player.
The only thing I would assume caused those popups would have to be the adf.ly link.
You downloaded XQuartz, PlayOnMac and the FHunix.POL, correct?
How far did you get with installing the game on PlayOnMac?   

Though I have never run into that problem on Mac,
I would like to recommend WineSkin. I use this instead of PlayOnMac
and I would be more than happy to help you out with it.

No I don't have XQuartz, PlayOnMac and the FHunix.POL . When I ran into the ad bug I deleted everything FH off my computer.

I used Wineskin I believe when I had the old Feral Heart version. It worked very well for me for 5 years, so I don't understand the problems I'm having now. Redownloading Feral Heart didn't even take 5 minutes for me before.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:31:49 pm by press9 »