Author Topic: The End~ A Niche Story  (Read 1675 times)

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
The End~ A Niche Story
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:31:11 pm »
so there's this game called Niche (still in development... very fun) that i alwAYS LOSE IN, meaning my species always goes extinct >.<

but anyway i wanted to do a thing based on what happened to my most recent tribe.

this is a story about what pretty much just happened, starring Vanna the smol baby, Kirvanduk, and Vanduk. it's sad beware mwahaha

"Mom!" Vanna shouted, watching as his mother finally passed from sickness. Tears welled in the young creature's eyes as Kirvanduk and his step-uncle Vanduk approached him.

"I'm sorry, Vanna," Vanduk said slowly, "But she was sick. The others couldn't cure her, she was sick from birth."

"But why now?" Vanna protested, laying down next to his mother's corpse.

A low growl interrupted them, making the team of three turn to see a Predator snarling close by.

"Guys! Attack positions!" Kirvanduk shouted, rushing forwards and striking twice at the beast, who roared angrily. Vanna and Vanduk attacked as well, but the creature turned towards Vanna and began to attack.

"Guys?!" Vanna gasped as the Predator lunged forwards, "Wh-" He was cut off as the Predator struck.

"VANNA!" Vanduk cried while Kirvanduk lunged at the creature with an angry snarl, "NO!!"

Kirvanduk finished the Predator off and turned to their dying relative. "Vanna... Not yet, please..."

Vanna painfully smiled and closed his eyes, "This is how our tribe ends, huh?" he mumbled before passing as well.

"No..." Kirvanduk turned to Vanduk and butted his shoulder sadly.

They couldn't stay mourning forever, as another creature's snarl cut through the silence. The two growled as two Rogue Males approached.

"Stay away! We don't have anything for you!" Vanduk shouted, raising his head defiantly.

The two Rogues chuckled and promptly raided their food, the two trying desperately to stop them. They didn't leave until they wounded Vanduk, who fell to the ground almost instantly.

"Vanduk!" Kirvanduk yelled, rushing to his step-uncle, "Not you too!"

"Forgive me, Kirvanduk," Vanduk sighed, "But this old body can't take much more of this. It's my time. Soon, i fear you will join me as well."

Kirvanduk sobbed, laying his head on Vanduk's shoulder, "I'll find you, wherever you are. And Vanna, too."

Vanduk shuddered once, then stopped moving. Kirvanduk raised his head and howled to the sky, where a giant owl was circling thanks to a Dodomingo's call.

The lone creature brought Vanna's body close, cuddling both his relatives until he, too, passed from his old wounds.

~~Story End~~

things seemed to go by pretty fast, right? that's exacTLY HOW IT WENT FOR ME IN THE GAME, THOUGH. SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED AT ONCE. WHY.

vanna, kirvanduk, and vanduk will live on in my heaRT

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: The End~ A Niche Story
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »
Goodness....that just sounds awful! Heartwrenching story here.....Don't think I'll be playing this anytime soon for fear I'll cry myself to death...