Author Topic: An Idiot Tries To Make a Glowing + Transparent Preset After a While  (Read 1405 times)

Offline wardshill

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • i thought this was a signature??
    • View Profile
(Probably will be moved )

Last time I made a preset like this was a few years ago, around 2014. It used one type of coding (the glowing code), and not two (+transparency for the eyes). This is where my problem comes into place. If using the old Feral Heart version or the new, it always says the textures are missing. I've checked over the code multiple times and noticed a few flaws in itself. Still doesn't work each time. With the default material code, it does. The default code isn't what I want out my preset in the final run, though.

If I have to work with the old version of Feral Heart because the new won't work, either way, I will.

FILES CURRENTLY IN FOLDER:

PRESET CODE:
http://textuploader.com/doya2
wait i thought this was a bio??

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: An Idiot Tries To Make a Glowing + Transparent Preset After a While
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:27:29 am »
You must have all of the files in your folder ^^ Such as your body file, body glow file, head file, head glow file, tail file, tail glow file and eye file ^^ This is why the textures are not appearing in your preset maker. The coding looks fine to me but make sure that the files you put in your folder have the same names and filetypes as what is shown in the material file under each body part.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline wardshill

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 01:34:27 am »
You must have all of the files in your folder ^^ Such as your body file, body glow file, head file, head glow file, tail file, tail glow file and eye file ^^ This is why the textures are not appearing in your preset maker. The coding looks fine to me but make sure that the files you put in your folder have the same names and filetypes as what is shown in the material file under each body part.
I actually haven't made those yet. It was only after I finished the head I checked and it wasn't working. I don't want to do the work before checking and seeing that it's all gone to waste.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 01:52:14 am »
Oh I see! So you're saying that the scrolling isn't working at the moment?

Also, there was no change in the way presets are coded from the older patch of FeralHeart and the current patch so it wouldn't change a thing by reinstalling the older patch. c:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:55:41 am by Morgra »

Offline wardshill

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 01:56:36 am »
Oh I see! So you're saying that the scrolling isn't working at the moment?

Also, there was no change in the way presets are coded from the older patch of FeralHeart and the current patch so it wouldn't do any reinstall the older patch. c:
Note: the png wasn't showing up on the preset:

Actually, the coding itself wasn't right at all. I just tried to test out the glowing part for my base and it did work, texture showed right up. I'll edit the code a bit so maybe I can switch around the glowing and the base part. But thank you! (P.s. I might come back later on)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 02:01:31 am »
Okay no problem! ^^ Feel free to come back to this thread with any issues or questions.