Author Topic: New Stuff - January (Updated 27/1/11)  (Read 20835 times)

Rak$ha

New Stuff - January (Updated 27/1/11)
« on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:26 pm »
Okay as little of you may have noticed, the site was down for a few minutes xD
Dunno why this happened (I dunno anyway), but it seems to be up and running again.

Some things I have added/changed:

Karma - You can now Nuzzle(Exalt) or Bite(Smite) someone! Only bite if they do something wrong, and only nuzzle if they do something right. If this option is abused to much, it will be removed.
Showing members online status in posts - You can now see if your friends are online in their posts!
Help board changed - You're now unable to post in the 'main' Help board; that is only for stickys that'll help you. Two child boards were made in that board; Game and Forum Help. Please post your related help threads there~ (Thanks silverfang for moving all the threads to the right board LOL)
Mate board childboards - Everyone thank Red for getting me off my butt and making mate thread childboards for better organisation xD
New mods - My gosh! So many members. Some of my mods aren't on every day, and because of the amount of members (4500+!), I have hired two more mods; FEAR and Silverfang.
Member Of The Month - There is now a MOTM group! Mods will choose three people who deserve to be MOTM, and you guys can vote out of those three!
Although since it's already half way into the month, I have chosen this months MOTM; Sarine!
You guys can vote for the Feb MOTM in the MOTM section, childboard to The Random Talkz board!
Raz may also be adding a new signature mod and Report To Mod mod that only staff will notice.

(EDIT)

Mods - I'll hopefully be getting a mini mod for every section of the forum; there is already one for roleplay section, Tasha!
Competitions - I'll be running a few competitions in a while; if you have any ideas, please post in the forum suggestions!
Boards - I have cleaned up the forum a bit; made it look a bit smaller.
Although, i'm sorry about your 'Other Roleplay' board threads! I deleted them by accident, so you'll have to re-make them.

(EDIT.EDIT)
Shoutbox - Shoutbox has been added on the home page so people can leave quick messages.

(EDIT.MORE)
Attachments - added attachments supporting gif, jpg, png, txt, log and material files to help with support queries

Enjoy guys!

PS. If any Global Mod feels they aren't active enough or don't want to have the job anymore, please PM me and let me know so I can hire more active people~
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:23:44 pm by Razmirz »

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
Re: New Stuff - 11/1/11
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 02:19:31 pm »
I don't want to sound snoopy or anything [nah xD] but do you guys pick active people and ask if they want mod position? You use application form via PM or something, or just people you know that want to help with the forums? Just wondering, really... xD

The Karma thing is what worries me a bit, I have seen it being abused on many forums, and being deleted. I don't like it much myself, because I don't like judging people that way, or people judging me. But still, I will wait and see, I suppose... ;P

Thanks for the new stuff, staff! =D

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:33:29 pm »
Thanks for the new stuff on the forum :]

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 02:51:20 pm »
I don't want to sound snoopy or anything [nah xD] but do you guys pick active people and ask if they want mod position? You use application form via PM or something, or just people you know that want to help with the forums? Just wondering, really... xD

The Karma thing is what worries me a bit, I have seen it being abused on many forums, and being deleted. I don't like it much myself, because I don't like judging people that way, or people judging me. But still, I will wait and see, I suppose... ;P

Thanks for the new stuff, staff! =D

Right now we don't have any sort of application for being a mod. But I think mods are choosed if they are trustworthy, know they are able to actually add something but also willing to help in general.

Maybe there will be some way to apply and show intrest in the future. But that's nothing that has been decided.

Hmm, about the karma thing. Yeah, I have experienced such things aswell. But it's a nice addition. And as mentioned if it's being abused. It will be removed. So then it wouldn't be fun for anyone. yarp!
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Kayo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Wolf in sheeps clothing is more than a warning
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 04:34:48 pm »
wow good ideas going in there :) im not usually the forum type but i love being on this one X3

Offline Jinchuuriki

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Im an Indestructible Master of War
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 04:57:36 pm »
yay!!! these are great! thank you all for the extra adds :) the Forum just keeps getting better and better!

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:19 pm »
Once again, a big thanks to the staff from me, it's a big honor. :3 <33

Ohey Red, thanks for replying to mah comment. And clearin' that out~ >D Well I gotta agree with you, so far it seems to be going good enough.. ;P

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 07:19:29 pm »
Oh, how excellent! It's much better now, I thought it might need a little update.

Now all we need is the multiplayer!

Blitz

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »
Thanks For The Extra Editions To Make The Site Even More Awesome... Not That It Wasnt Epic Enough. c: Thanks Again! :D

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 08:56:29 pm »
Awesome additions! :3 Love the online status thing. It's very helpful indeed. ;)
And congrats to FEAR and Silverfang on being mods and Sarine for being MOTM! :3