Author Topic: I'm a Mac user but, everything I'm doing isn't working.  (Read 1464 times)

Offline OwOPenguz

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I'm a Mac user but, everything I'm doing isn't working.
« on: July 20, 2023, 01:17:20 pm »
Hello hello! I am, VERY new to this but have always wanted to play FeralHeart since I was little but I could not figure out how to download and play it for the life of me. Back then I had windows and still wasn't able to figure it out.

Now I have a new computer which is a Macbook Air and I figured perhaps I could try again though I am NOT an Apple user (Andriod/Windows user) and have been practicing for over a month now to get used to it. I've been trying to download this game using the old directions for Macs, but it would always be "An error happened during download" and I would try again until I couldn't. I somehow was able to download the FH setup but that will become an error as well. So I tried debugging and in one of the texts it said "' is a 32-bit installation, it cannot support 64-bit applications." I have been trying for hours and even passed out which has led me to see if any of you can help me.

Everything is saying error and I do not know how to get past this. I've downloaded POM, the XQuartz thing that I still don't know how it helps me, went through the newest pages for Machelp to see if anyone else has had this problem and repeatedly tried the old Mac directions.

Offline Swiftly

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a Mac user but, everything I'm doing isn't working.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 01:45:21 pm »
I'm also having these issues. I joined this game in 2012 and was able to install & run it off of Wine just fine (though I could never add my own skins or maps), but PlayOnMac says that it encounters an error when I try to run the POL file. I assume there's something wrong with the script.

Offline Sincerest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Fractal, how the pattern repeats itself!
    • wondersofyears
    • wondersofyears
    • View Profile
    • My art instagram!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 09:10:17 pm »
fellow Mac user here, hi!!

what i found out to work was instead of using POM or XQuartz, i ended up using Porting Kit to run Feral Heart -- the steps are pretty straightforward to emulate FH through Wine, though adding the 1.17a patch can be a little annoying. im working on making an updated Mac tutorial on the forums (i started typing out how to run it in this comment, but it got really cluttered ;v;), i can tag you/ping you in it if youd like? it wont take long!!
You could be my compass, teach me how to read these broken lines.
Bio (wip)| My works (wip)
✦✦✦

Offline Sincerest

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Fractal, how the pattern repeats itself!
    • wondersofyears
    • wondersofyears
    • View Profile
    • My art instagram!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 08:17:20 pm »
so sorry for the late response, but! i finished up the Mac tutorial to get FH to work, i hope it helps! you can find it here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=70099.0
You could be my compass, teach me how to read these broken lines.
Bio (wip)| My works (wip)
✦✦✦