Author Topic: Dreaded Zero Period... & Troll Terms. Please Read.  (Read 7533 times)

Ritza

Dreaded Zero Period... & Troll Terms. Please Read.
« on: May 29, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »
First let me explain before we move into the Zero Period talk.

TQ ~ Troll Queens ~ These are the worst type of trolls, now this is different from Slycan's classification list. Troll Queens are the users that control the pace of the trolling. They usually start the trolling session, and they are usually the last to stop. We usually know exactly who Troll Queens are, when they are on, and where they are on the map. Why? Because they shout it to the high heavens, and they are always in general. The trolling can simply be about our stinky socks, but when a Troll Queen comes on, it turns into something perverse, and by the time the Queen gets off we usually have up to seventeen people on our block list.

T's ~ Trolls ~ We all know what these are. They troll. Sometimes it might be lol but most of the time it's *headdesk* Annoying yes. Unneeded yes. Bad people? Not so much. They are under the influence of the TQ's.

O's ~ Ogres ~ These are not trolls, almost like a subspecies, these people are usually extremely nice people, helpful and generous, and kind. But when a TQ comes on they Troll like no other. They become rude and obnoxious and they are like a different person. But when the TQ gets off they are themselves again.

ZP ~ ZERO PERIOD ~ The worst time, all in game people know what this is. This happens when it's extremely late at night, or very early in the morning, sometimes it happens in the middle of the day. ZP comes more than once sometimes, and doesn't end unless there is evidence of punishment, or when the TQ and the T's and O's get offline. Zero Period is a time when there seems to be no in game moderators online to control general chat. And we block twenty people until the general chat is silent.  You can tell when ZP is happening because almost everyone is shouting MOD through general chat, sadly your calls for help cannot be heard. Why? Because there are no in game moderators online, or watching that specific map at the time. Once the red letter scariness comes over general chat though, everything calms down and ZP is officially over.

The point? ZP is one of the worst times on FH, I find myself looking around for a moderator, or blocking everyone in sight that's trolling general. Why is this thread here? Because a lot of people have been wondering about the use of the general chat, and why moderators are kicking/banning people for chatting in general. The reason they probably do it is because they have received screenshots of ZERO PERIOD at it's worst when people are "chatting" away about all types of inappropriate topics. I think I might post a screenshot of ZERO PERIOD right here for you to see. Maybe this way you'll understand a little bit better. All user names have been blotted out except for the people sitting next to me. They didn't say a word while all this was happening, I'm having a feeling they were screen shooting all this as well.

slycan

Re: Dreaded Zero Period... & Troll Terms. Please Read.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:56:31 pm »
Nice list

and yes.. I've been online around zero-hour as you call it ( which can last around 2 to 5 hours sometimes.. every-single-night Dx) - tis around the time I get flooded with PM's/Whispers about trolls. All you can do it put up with the moronic behavior or block them. ( better yet, stalk the forum during this time and wait til an ADMIN gets online, forum-mods can NOT help you.)

I'd just advice people that are sensitive to rule-breaking, sexual, rude, and voilating behavior just to NOT go online at this time, sadly.

Ritza

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:35:17 pm »
That list isn't so much of how they troll, it's more like ranks in a kingdom.

But yes, it does last a long time, it just depends which one happens first. A moderator stepping in, or them all logging. Yes, it's sadly come down to staying away from the plains or bonfire during this time of night. Even sometimes staying away from the cape or inside of your maps.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:58:48 pm »
Thanks for posting ritza, not many people actually see this problem as it should be seen. The thing is indeed that people get on just to spam out general, it isn't even a conversation. Talking is alright, but these trolling parties has been too much for me lately, and I have to turn general off, even escape to a private map.

Another funny thing is that I'm constantly seeing these people being all spazzstic, and once a mod gets on and tell them to calm down... Then they are suddenly all so innocent and never did a thing wrong.

I hope people read and see this, cause you can't deny this is actually how alot of generals "discussions" work.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 03:29:51 am »
The times I go on are usually in that Zero Period :\ I should screenie more of it.

Here's something I had in my Photobucket which is also a good example:

(Ignore the Local chat, it's harmless rp that was going on nearby)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 03:37:30 am »
Aye.. That seems like a regular night in general to me when a mod isn't on. And even that isn't how it can be as worst.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Cynder-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • IMMA FIRIN MAH LAAZZAARRDAFGNADJFADG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 05:46:11 pm »
I personally avoid turning General on at night and in the early morning. o.o" Yes, General is usually off for me. Unless I'm feeling nice and un-block-like. I have been on during ZPs, and let me tell you, I wish I never had to be on.

Offline Magpie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • "Nobody's perfect", Yay I'm a nobody..I'M PERFECT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 06:21:20 pm »
C< I have a way of handling this. I go on general and bluff. For example I did this before in general, when trolls were spazzing:

Me: Rak$ha, yes shes on her way.
Randomer: SPAZZZZ*EINSSPAZZSPAZZ
Randomer2: SPPPAAZZZEERRR
Me: Lol, I cant wait to Rak gets here C<
Randomer3: WHo the f*ck is Rak?
Me: Oh an admin. I asked her to come to ban y'll
-silence-

MAWAHAHAH. But luckily Rak logged on, so odd questions didn't rise. The trolls went silent for an hour.

Offline Cynder-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • IMMA FIRIN MAH LAAZZAARRDAFGNADJFADG
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 06:42:27 pm »
You clever little monkey. xD I think everyone hates Zero Period, EXCEPT trolls.

Ritza

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 08:11:56 pm »
You clever little monkey. xD I think everyone hates Zero Period, EXCEPT trolls.

This is a hundred percent correct. And ZP's is probably what are making the MOD#'s crack down. It has nothing to do with certain people being hated or anything of the short. Actually it's to help the majority of the people who rip their hair out when this is happening.

No problem Red. Just when I read some of the forum posts it seemed like people were disillusioned about general and how nasty it could really get. Maybe they are mostly forum people? And if it is mostly forum people complaining about the kicking they probably have no biases for an argument now.

I personally avoid turning General on at night and in the early morning. o.o" Yes, General is usually off for me. Unless I'm feeling nice and un-block-like. I have been on during ZPs, and let me tell you, I wish I never had to be on.

You and me both.

C< I have a way of handling this. I go on general and bluff. For example I did this before in general, when trolls were spazzing:

Me: Rak$ha, yes shes on her way.
Randomer: SPAZZZZ*EINSSPAZZSPAZZ
Randomer2: SPPPAAZZZEERRR
Me: Lol, I cant wait to Rak gets here C<
Randomer3: WHo the f*ck is Rak?
Me: Oh an admin. I asked her to come to ban y'll
-silence-

MAWAHAHAH. But luckily Rak logged on, so odd questions didn't rise. The trolls went silent for an hour.

That isn't actually a bad idea. I'll have to keep this in mind. Lulz.