Author Topic: Name Your Glitches!  (Read 2451 times)

Offline littlefoxchild

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "For the love of cats above"
    • View Profile
Name Your Glitches!
« on: July 08, 2011, 04:54:24 am »
I'v had a few,

1)Group Unapproved Disbandment (not sure if this is a glitch or if Groups have some kind of time limit or something but my group has disbanned about 5-12 times since feb. don't know why)

2)General Group Chat ( It's when everyone in the game can hear you in group chat)

3) Random Portal Drop Off ( ever go through a portal only to end up some where Total diff.)

4) Invisiblity (Your there and not there at the same time, your name is three question marks)

5) Huh?! ( This one is new to me and as only happened once, People were add in to a group and the group leader is not on or even in the group even thought it says they are, not only that but the ones add are not even joining your group. it's like two groups got linked together)

6) Headless (When ever you turn you head left or right it vanishes)

7) Ungroundable (Falling into the ground and can't get up)

8 The Jumping Glitch ( very common, and easy to fix with the press of the spacebar)

9) Frozon face (your face getts stuck on an emotion and you can't undo it)

10) The Black Abyss (You find yourself in a black map, everything is black, kind of cool, to get out just go home)

I have more but I can't remember them. Anyone got anymore to add to my list that they may of had?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:19:43 am by Bouquet »

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Re: Name Your Glitches!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:56:00 am »
1) control another character glitch (I LOVE THAT ONE)
2) character deletion >.-
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline echelon666

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Rawr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:49:19 am »
I'mma just add this here- Mapmaker decides to throw objects from another map onto the map i'm making

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 11:02:48 am »
Dea, that's from the recent patcher and hopefully it will be sorted in the next patch that gets out. This glitch do cause some big problems for those who like to make maps. Not sure what happened there..

I'v had a few,

1)Group Unapproved Disbandment (not sure if this is a glitch or if Groups have some kind of time limit or something but my group has disbanned about 5-12 times since feb. don't know why)

3) Random Portal Drop Off ( ever go through a portal only to end up some where Total diff.)

4) Invisiblity (Your there and not there at the same time, your name is three question marks)

6) Headless (When ever you turn you head left or right it vanishes)

7) Ungroundable (Falling into the ground and can't get up)

8 The Jumping Glitch ( very common, and easy to fix with the press of the spacebar)

10) The Black Abyss (You find yourself in a black map, everything is black, kind of cool, to get out just go home)

Glitch 3, 4 and maybe in "some" cases even 1 and 10 could be because of bad connections towards to server in general or the server being slow. Most of the time it depends on your own network even though out beloved server can cough sometimes aswell. It seems though that things like these tend to happen more for some, and less for others. I'd want to check my own network aswell. Since a lot of the information is hosted on the server it isn't good if either of the client or the server has a bad connection at the moment.

I myself only had a group deleted once throughout the whole period the game has been up, and it was when I rejoined right after a crash it dissapeared(not sure if it's related to that though). It can't be the time limit though.

The headless glitch could to be something that happens to just some, so I wouldn't say it's necessarily the game that causes this, probably more what sort of system you're running the game on. Been playing this quite a lot on both of my computers with different settings for the visuals and I never bumped into a headless character, ever. Neither have I been talking as 3 question marks except this one time when the server had just been up after a few weeks after the first relaunch. Same thing for the underground glitch, I have never fallen through the main ground of the game even though I can spazz around quite a lot in some laggy areas and use the prnt screen and all that. Never bumped in to this one before either.

I like the jump one though, barly even see it as a real glitch since it's more than handy and it doesn't really annoy anyone xD. Just to hold space, press enter, release space. And then you jump until you press space again. Simple.

Number 10. You usually enter a map that your computer doesn't have. I have never experienced this unless I actually changed computers and my character still was in a map I didn't have there or similar. Never seen this happening to any of the official maps. So unless it has happened to any of you, and not because you diddled around with the game files, moving the maps around. I wouldn't call it a glitch.

But the rest are things that needs sorting for sure. I bet a lot of these problems would be sorted if more of the information was hosted on client side instead of the server.

Former community manager of FeralHeart