Author Topic: Too realistic?  (Read 7131 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Too realistic?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 09:32:09 am »
Can never be too realistic in my opinion. But I'm just a realism junkie.

I'll agree, being rejected from a RP isn't pleasant. But we've got to understand that the people who made the roleplay have to right to decide who's in and who's out. It's nothing personal, it's just they'd prefer it if you're particular character wasn't in it, for whatever reason. And as the saying goes, 'beggars can't be choosers'.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »
Now, I'm speaking as someone who actually likes realistic RPs (which, so far as I know, has had no impact on my intelligence), but to me it seems rather narcissistic to expect an already established realistic lion RP to bend its own rules and let in an impossible hybrid that won't fit in with their theme just because you want to join it. If an elemental snow leopard wanted to join my post-apocalyptic dog RP, it wouldn't matter how good they were, or how few elemental leopard RPs were advertising at the moment, or that I actually like snow leopards a lot, I still couldn't let them in because it would throw off the entire theme of the group and everyone who actually joined because they wanted to RP city dogs would have to work around a giant elephant in the room. I know being rejected isn't pleasant (and seeing as I'm fond of robot characters, it happens to me a lot), but its doesn't fall on the people who run their own themed RPs to make exceptions and go out of their way for you.

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 05:21:47 pm »
I'm a player who prefers realistic over anything, I even join semi-realistic ones sometimes if there isn't much realistic groups around. Although, as it's stated above your character is 5% boar, even with that 5% they have every right to decline your request to join their group. If they advertised their group as realistic you should of realised, that 5% of your character would not get you into that group. At least the person had the decency to apologise for declining your request but yet you call them names. Perhaps you should of taken a nicer approach to this.

I know what it's like not to be accepted into role plays you want too, my fursona Dorian is a Barbary Lion but he's grey. Although I may role play him as realistic and like any ordinary lion, he is what's called unrealistic because when you do ever get a grey lion? You don't. You have to understand some people have different opinions on what realistic is. You don't need to be rude about it or call them stupid for declining you, everyone has the right to say no. All you had to do was say it was ok and be on your way, looking for a new role play. You didn't need to proceed in calling them names but good luck with any other role plays.

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2013, 05:58:43 pm »
The thing you posted above, about your character being 5% boar, even if it's just 5%, they have the right to decline you. Anyway, I don't think you can be too realistic, unless you go around, sniffing and peeing everywhere if you were a wolf. I roleplay realistic only, and I have never been declined for anything. I say, you need to think about it. If you're character is a mix between a boar and a lion, I highly doubt he/she would be accepted into a lion RP.

Sorry if I seemed rude.