Author Topic: Cross-Gender Rpers?  (Read 34660 times)

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Re: Cross-Gender Rpers?
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2013, 05:26:29 pm »
I don't get why people get so.. Irritated or so, with this. I mean, It's not a big deal? Roleplaying is kind of like.. Acting, you're playing as a Character that Isn't you. People act as if it's the worst thing in the world when it isn't, I do this as well. It's not a big deal, I know many people who do this that are close friends of mine.

People need to just not be immature about it, and ask why they do so? They could have a reason why they are Rping a Different Gender, it's not a big deal. They shouldn't have to be disrespectful about it and tell them that they're weird or need to get out of this RP or something. If they don't like it they should just keep it to there self, it really isn't their choice which gender you RP, even if it's the opposite gender.

Who really cares?
artwork by dehvina

Offline nutghto

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
Do people really think that is bad? I mean I do it all the time. Im a girl in real life and I rp as males most of the time. I am a much better male rper than female. I mean it can be awkward when you find out your "Mate" is the opposite of what you expected. But alot of people do it.

Offline shadowhearted

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2013, 07:00:08 pm »
Yeah, although I am female, most of my characters are male. I just find them easier to RP, but it isn't like I'm a lesbian. The group that I have been RPing with since the first month I joined and am still going with, a year later, I first joined as a male character, but since then I have tried to alternate between genders. And I believe the 'haters' of cross-gender roleplaying are developing small crushes/idolism for the other player, but they see them as gender of their charrie, so when they learn that they are the opposite sex, they kinda freak out.

Stupid thing won't let me put more than one in my siggie. That sucks. Corgis are the most adorable things to ever exist on the face of the earth. Have a nice day, and a link to my scroll, where you can see the other dragons.
http://dragcave.net/user/Icy_Flame

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2013, 07:05:35 pm »
Actually, I have one female character... Me and my friend decided to be opposite genders and then be mates. I was female and she was male, then we adopted pups. It was actually pretty fun. I was the fun parent of course and my friend was the rough bottom. Males asked to be my mate and I flirted with them, lol. I regret nothing.

EnderStar

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2013, 07:27:47 pm »
I regret nothing.

I'm not going to overpower this post with gifs this time... I've blinded enough people.

You know what...

I regret nothing.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:03:25 pm by EndurStah »

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »
I've never seriously roleplayed a female character-- ever. Even at 10, all my pen 'n' paper roleplaying characters were male, as were my World of Warcraft ones. Similarly, my FH characters are all dudes- bar a few ladies which are gathering dust in the uncharted depths of my account. It's just something that comes more naturally to me, despite being a female IRL!

I've luckily never had any grief from it, though I rarely admit my gender OOC unless directly asked.

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2013, 08:13:07 pm »
@EndurStah That's not overdoing it at all. I love gif parties! 8D

Anyways back to cross gender role-playing. To not be off-topic, lol.

Offline DarkWolfStar12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »
Hm ,  the only time i get seriously freaked is if the cross gender rper is my mate and they suddenly tell me. Awwwwkkkwwwaaarrrrrdddd.  Then this happens - yea im a dude in rl  theeennn i do this   - game bar , - options -  talk -  talk options -  AHHH - run away -  , talk option number 2  , uhhhh there goes da mood , sorry but no more maates for us dude   , option 3 - without warning leave the pack/pride  and get out of there to stop the awkwardness , - and number 4 -   i see ,   well im not gay and even though  it is rp , it'd just be too weird  to continue , sorry but we can't be mates , - goes to find another person -  , and final option number 5 ,    -    Oh heck noo  ,    are yuo gay , ?  uhh well awkward bye , - leaves da pack -   

Basically  i mostly chose   4  seeing its most polite or i make up one.    But other thn that i mean i see nothing wrong with  people doing it ,   i just would never ever do it as   i typically    get mates in the rps im in and in the case its not and my friends admited he was really a girl , id be like " oh , ok.... we're still cool " ahh so yeahh- goes   to stalk other forums -           

Offline ::BarkingHowl::

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • proud bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2013, 09:41:16 pm »
I'm a Cross Gender RPer. I have more male characters than females, and I see nothing wrong with it. People get angry and leave hurtful comments, just becuase you have a a fantasy character. If you are a Cross Gender RPer, there is nothing to be ashamed about. ^-^

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »
I'm a cross-gender roleplayer, and just for characters, truly. I think I have more males than female characters, truly. I would dislike to live in a boring world where you have to be female on all characters. Its boring. Hah, I even cross-gender on lif! Female characters can be boring or fun to me.
Cross-gender is what I like to do, truly. Its fun to do it, if you don't want to be your real life gender all the time.
Those who think cross-gender is gay, however, is not. Its completely normal.
I mean, who wants to be their real life gender in and out of the game all the time?
What if in roleplay, something is for males only, but looks fun? see?
I mean, there isn't many people as males in real life in-game, so cross-gender is good, tell the truth.
Its not gay or lesbian! Its perfectly normal. It may seem that way, but just think, how would you feel if you had to be the same gender in and out of the game all the time?
We have the freedom to have our characters any gender we want. End of story.