Author Topic: Huge Map Issue! Please help. ?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Huge Map Issue! Please help. ?
« on: November 23, 2015, 09:40:17 pm »
I've got this map that's just about finished, earlier today I was working on it, and saved it before I closed out of FH and turned my computer off and such. Just logged onto my computer again not long ago, headed to map maker, and when I loaded the map this popped up. https://gyazo.com/fc7884bfa4201915e8e0fa8559bd6518

I've had this issue before, and someone helped me fix it, by sending me a code and placing the correct info in it. I've done that and such, this is the code > PageSource=Heightmap
Heightmap.image=defaultTerrain.png
PageSize=513
TileSize=65
MaxPixelError=3
PageWorldX=5000
PageWorldZ=5000
MaxHeight=300
MaxMipMapLevel=5
VertexProgramMorph=yes
LODMorphStart=0.2
CustomMaterialName=Terrain/Default

I did that again, and it worked and everything but the WHOLE map is empty. No meshes, no objects. So I'm quite upset because my map that was just about finished is now EMPTY. I went to my files, and checked them, and noticed they're completely empty. https://gyazo.com/0c9637da3e712c48c51b69f74dc8f950 << The notes on the left are the ones of the map I am working on currently, and the one next too it is one from a previous map.

I have no clue what happened, and this was really random. I didn't touch FH or my computer since this morning, so i have no clue what could have happened. If anybody has had this issue before, and knows what to do or if they can help me any way, please, I could use the help if there is any way of getting the objects and such to show back up. (( i really don't wanna restart this map holy crap it's huge and has a lot to re-do if I have too ))

If anyone could help, that'd be fantastic! ;n;

artwork by dehvina

Offline ToBeFree

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Huge Map Issue! Please help. ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 03:17:37 pm »
Im sorry but I dont know what to do D:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:19:19 pm by Tobefree »
"Common sense is like deodorant, The people who really need it don't use it." -Unknown

Offline Dacota101

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 03:24:27 pm »
Hello! I am really sorry to hear this!
I have had this problem before but I have never thought of actually fixing it, I just restarted! I suggest mabey it didnt shut down properly?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:08:53 am by ~Xx.Derp.xX~ »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 06:29:33 pm »
This is very strange, Likuu. Have all the .object files gone missing from the Objects folder? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that all together if they're missing, I doubt the game would have removed the separate files in the my objects folder. If so, it's really strange. Do you have any pack up files? That would speed up the process?

Is absolutely every .object file and .mesh/texture etc.. missing from objects and my objects? If not then I can suggest making a back up folder of this FH folder you have now, and try reinsalling FH then slowly replacing things making sure you're checking FH every so often to make sure nothing changes. Start with the map stuff first, you might have to remove the other things you may have installed.

This is very random... I'm not even sure I've come across something that kept breaking like this before.

As for this quote here:

I really hope I helped you! If my service was sucessful please go and nominate me to become an admin at : http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=53810.msg736554&boardseen#new

Member of the Season is not an event to nominate and vote for a place as Admin. Member of the Season is simply an even for users to nominate and vote 1-3 specific users who stand out to them as a member in this community, so please try not to mistake this as a place on the staff team. A place on the Staff team has to be very well earned. Read more about MOTs here, Derp. All the correct info is there.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone