Author Topic: Mac Help  (Read 1392 times)

Offline MalevolentHearte

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Mac Help
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:47:44 pm »
Hey Feralhearters! I need some help.

Recently, and unsuccessfully, I attempted to download Feral Heart using the already available tutorial on this site. It did not work, and I understand that some other users also had trouble with this tutorial.

Again, I attempted to download Feralheart, but with a different approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6hGJ_dXp3w This lovely lady made a tutorial and her own link to download Feralheart. It worked!

But..problems.

I cannot download markings, items, or mods. (All of them are compatible with the newest update.)

And, the screen where you can create, edit, and choose your characters is all white with the FH logo in the background.

So, Mac users and staff, I was wondering if there was any other way, or any other fixes to this problem.

(P.S. Staff: Maybe you guys should work on a new tutorial or make a new download link for Mac/Linux users. The old tutorial is very..old.)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Mac Help
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 12:06:19 am »
The white background is actually a planned feature of the new game so that the podium doesn't distract from your character creation, I believe.
And could you elaborate on how you can't download the markings/items? Can you not install them properly or will they just not show in game?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:23:29 am »
If you don't like the blank background in the character creator there are dozens of user-made mod's for that.  Most of them were released in the months after the update.

Some here
Or search This board
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline MalevolentHearte

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:01:49 am »
The white background is actually a planned feature of the new game so that the podium doesn't distract from your character creation, I believe.
And could you elaborate on how you can't download the markings/items? Can you not install them properly or will they just not show in game?

If you don't like the blank background in the character creator there are dozens of user-made mod's for that.  Most of them were released in the months after the update.

Some here
Or search This board

Thanks to both of you! I managed to get it working. :)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 10:20:14 pm »
Locking this as the issue no longer stands~
Farewell everyone<3