Author Topic: Hjordis Bio!  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Hjordis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Hjordis Bio!
« on: October 25, 2013, 11:29:33 am »
Hallo! :) Being as I'm a newbie in all of this I thought perhaps I should write me a bio, so you wonderful people know who I am.

My name is Shannon, and I'm 18 years old. I know, it sounds pretty old for a gaming forum but I've been roleplaying and obsessing over animals and animal-related games since I was about 12. So hey. I don't care. I do go out on the town and do normal 18-year-old stuff too, but my free time activities have some pretty broad horizons. There isn't much I won't do or try out. :D I'm about to start driving, so who knows what I'll get up to!

I live in South West England (Devon) and I go to college to study Animal Management (care). I'm hoping to start training as a vet nurse once I pass this course. At the moment I work in a pet shop, but once I'm out of college I will be looking for work in veterinary practices.

I am a complete animal lover. And I don't mean one of the millions of people who say they are an 'animal lover' because they think puppies and kittens are cute. I mean, I cannot live without animals. I adore spending time with them, caring for them and ensuring that they are happy and healthy. Even my hamsters live the life of luxury! No tiny commercial cages with a bit of sawdust for them!

I have two amazing dogs, who deserve a place in my bio. There is Molly the border collie, who is 7 years old and my complete best friend. She is a bit grumpy at times, but then so am I. We are the perfect match!
Then I have Kizzy, who is a 6 year-old sprocker (Springer Spaniel X English Cocker Spaniel). She is the most excitable and lovable dog I have ever met. Her only ambitions are to please and give as much love as she can to those around her.

Unfortunately, whilst I am still living with my parents I can't keep many animals. I have my two dogs, three hamsters, a baby corn snake, and next year I'm adopting a baby African Pygmy Hedgehog! When I have my own place it will be like a zoo! ;)

For years I have been an obsessive over dogs and of course wolves. And I mean real wolves, not queer Twilight wolves. Ugh.... why does that book exist....
Real, hot-blooded wolves, outside of that Dominant and Submissive, Alpha, Beta rubbish and other ridiculous terms that are unrelated and out dated. I mean the intelligent, wild family animal, far away from teenage fantasies of werewolves and stupid moronically written books about wolfie lovestories.
Sounds a bit strong, but I am passionate about the REAL animal, and their image is tattered by idiotic teenage writers.

I have a keen interest of everything from nutrition, behaviour, health care and everything relating to dogs. I have studied wolves for the best part of eight or nine years of my life, and this summer was due to go to the UK Wolf Conservation Trust for some work, and get up and personal with the wolves there. Unfortunately things didn't go to plan, but I will try and get there next year.

I live in a coastal community, a small fishing village on a river mouth (meaning we get the best from the river and the sea). I love the coasts here, and I love nothing better than to stand on the beach in late afternoon, breathing in the sea air whilst walking my dogs. When I'm out there, I feel like I'm part of it.
(Whilst I think about it, I wrote a short story about this village, and I actually won a writing competition for the county with it. Was well proud of myself!).

Speaking of writing, that is another of my passions. I am a very creative person, and my art and writing is very beloved to me. Before coming to college it was my ambition to become a professional illustrator and graphic designer. :)

And so, I think that is enough of me for now. :D

Offline ~Jupiter~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hjordis Bio!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »
i like it! wel done