Author Topic: Do you like horse characters?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline meowxo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Do you like horse characters?
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »
Throughout my game play I've noticed that many people don't exactly like horse characters that are from the wolf model... :( I know there have been times where horses (especially in Bonfire) are quite annoying. I wonder if there are any other reasons? Maybe you just don't like the fact of having a horse as a wolf?
Anyway... what are your thoughts on this?
:)

Offline Cycada

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Grumpy Fluffbutt
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like horse characters?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »
Personally-- and I'm really only speaking for myself here-- it's just jarring visually, when you see a wolf avatar but the posts are describing a horse... That and the fact that a lot of the posts made in these horse-RPs from these characters are often really, genuinely awfully-written, but I just tend to chalk that up to the players being young and inexperienced and, hey, everybody's gotta start somewhere.

I don't personally see the appeal in it, but I can see why others would choose to roleplay as horses on FH; there really isn't a visual-based MMO-style game like this available with horses as playable characters. (Though I will admit, I would kill for one... Been wanting to find one for years!)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:29:42 pm »
I like horse characters, I do. I like any animal of the wild kingdom that centers my interest. I can see why those people who do not like playing a wolf model for their horse characters. It's the visual aspect that people like. For some people, imagination just doesn't cut it and it can bother them.

This can go for any other animal people love, like bears and deer. Seeing a horse, running like a horse, and doing things a normal horse does, it's a great feeling to play an animal you love. However, as reality stands and with the current condition of the game, just have to make due with what you have, especially if you can't help it.

Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:36:58 pm »
Eh, I don't hate them, but I don't really care for them. It's fh we're talking about here. There's dragon, dinosaur and other creatures as well besides just horses. If they want there imagination to run wild, so be it. I have no problem with it. Just keep me out of it x3

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:39:18 pm »
I really see no problem with horse characters. I've participated in some of these horse roleplays in Bonfire Island. I see why some people think it's silly to use the canine model for a horse, but they are just using a little imagination. Besides, in Feral Heart we are all pretending to be animals. So what's wrong with pretending to be a horse? Or a deer? Or a beer? A bat? An owl? We don't always need to roleplay as canines and felines on this game.
Inactive

Offline CalliCat1113

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
  • Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 01:51:27 am »
I roleplay horses sometimes, but using a wolf model in my opinion is a whole lot better than using a lion. I mean, markings make it seem more horse-like with the hyena marking that covers the whole tail, the manes, and the mass markings, it's as close as we will probably ever get to horses on here.
I don't mind it. What I do mind are the predators always going after the horses without so much as a "Hey, can I roleplay with you guys and pretend to hunt you?" No. They just stalk right on in and then go to godmodding mode.
:/

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 03:21:29 pm »
I don't roleplay as a horse now-a-days, though I did roleplay as them in the past when I was younger. I kind of grew out of it and leaned more to wolves. I don't see any problem with people playing as horses using the canine model since it DOES seem more accurate than the feline; you'd mostly use the feline for a bear or some other bulky animal. And it's more creative playing as another species using these models because who wants to play as just a feline or canine? I think it's fine for people to play as a horse character, or even any other herbivore in general, using the canine model. There should be no problem with it. People can create whatever animal they want. (:

Offline xClandestinex

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:07:23 am »
I wonder if with the community's interest to role-play animals other than felines and canines, if it would spark a possibility in making new character models. Just a curious thought. Holy crap if a horse model was animated based on the style of Spirit, I'd lose myself.

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 03:17:34 pm »
I wonder if with the community's interest to role-play animals other than felines and canines, if it would spark a possibility in making new character models. Just a curious thought. Holy crap if a horse model was animated based on the style of Spirit, I'd lose myself.

^ //Would also totally love this if it happened.

But it all depends if Kovu will ever change his mind and update FH, or give the Source Code to a responsible Staff Member.