Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142097 times)

Offline Dastadle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2015, 11:44:17 pm »
Even after reading the whole thing I still don't get wolfspeak. I meaning of what words are replaced? Sorry if i'm just saying some think pointless...
Some players think it makes them sound smart or sophisticated even though the words they use either don't know what the word actually means or it describes a (insignificant might I add) part/characteristic(s) of the actual body part.
Also, O MY GOD. THIS THREAD. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE; THE PLANETS ARE ALIGNED; #SOMUCHYES. (Sorry for caps)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2015, 11:51:02 pm »
I love this thread, it's official.
You don't know how many times I popped my top of hatred because I saw someone use wolfspeak. *-*

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #312 on: January 28, 2015, 03:04:08 pm »
Okay, since nobody said anything, I'll say it:

This is an old thread.

I suggest you don't post in it.

Also, check the dates before posting in a thread to prevent necroing

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2015, 09:07:08 pm »
Okay, since nobody said anything, I'll say it:

This is an old thread.

I suggest you don't post in it.

Also, check the dates before posting in a thread to prevent necroing

Technically if people "necro" an old discussion thread but the topic is still relevant and they "necro" it with proper feedback and there is no more recent thread of the topic it's allowable to necro.

However...

I'm locking this thread because this discussion has become extremely one sided and hostile. I've flipped through a few responces and even noticed certain pack names being blurted out here. By no means does this thread represent the wholesomeness to all that Feral Heart stands for.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but no one should be disrespectful about it. We encourage discussion in our community but this thread is becoming more of a "bash on wolf speakers and wolf speaking" thread. I'm baffled by how it's even remained open this long.

Yes I can agree that I've encountered users who use wolf speak and are incredibly rude but I've also encountered "literate" non wolf speakers who are just as disgustingly rude and pompous about their roleplaying styles and skills. Just because someone uses wolf speak doesn't make them stupid or illiterate. I've met numerous wolf speakers and some are some of the sweetest people around with a real sense of imagination and a heart for roleplay. I don't know when our community became such a place full of haughty people who disown people simply based on their roleplaying styles or skills. It's disgusting and unacceptable. Feral Heart is a place for fun not judgement. If you are one of the folks who doesn't like wolf speak or finds it silly then that's fine but don't go about making a mockery of those who do use it. Same goes for wolf speakers, don't judge those who don't roleplay like you. Neither side should be correcting each other either. This is not school people, this is a GAME. If a person is happy roleplaying the way they roleplay then let them do so without your negative feedback. Language in itself is an ever changing and evolving thing so yeah what if wolf speakers bend words to mean other things? It's something that we all continue to do in our societies to fit our way of communicating better. Maybe when you translate the literal meanings of wolf speak it sounds silly but who cares? Is it worth hurting someone over it? It's because of some of the things stated in this thread why so many people give up on roleplaying and quit FH.

The point here is do not judge each other whether you wolf speak or not. Be open minded with each other and be kind. We're all a part of Feral Heart to have fun.

Locking this thread. End of this discussion
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:15:00 pm by LordSuragaha »