Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142521 times)

Offline RisingLife

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Derp
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2013, 01:28:05 am »
And to think I thought these guys were literate. I've been taught by literate RP-ers to use these terms, and after all, they've just been telling me useless crap. They tell me that this makes me literate. I just feel so bad now ;-;

Oh don't worry, I think at one point some of us thought they were literate too ;w; Besides, once you learn what you are doing wrong, its easy to fix, so soon I can promise you you will actually be literate. Try to rp as a feline too (if you don't already) because most of them tend to not use wolfspeak. Try to mirror their way of rping, but adding you own spin to it, and you will easily become literate again :)

That is another thing I dislike about people who use wolf-speak. They think they are super literate, and anyone who doesnt use it isnt. When I think of literate, I think of capable of writing a story level, not being able to memorize usless words that no one in the real world understands. Some of these guys need a wake-up call, or at least be given a hint that they arent 'literate'
Check out my preset shop here!
And Art thread here!
And Character Bio here!?

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
    • View Profile
    • Ask the TimeTards- Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2013, 01:32:06 am »
Oh good Lord. E_E I've been using these terms for ages and been fooled into thinking I'm the most literate person ever and anyone who uses "head" instead of "cranium" is an illiterate noob.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2013, 09:09:51 pm »
@avarigriffin
My brain...was straining to translate that. This is what I got:
"The pale colored feline lurched off her hind quarters slashing her claws into the she-wolf? throat, snapping her lower jaw into her head and snagging a blade (I assume claw) into her sidal gland-"

Yeah...it's not making much sense to me with either. I'm stopping this. This is a headache just by getting that part through.
(Also, the quote thing is being a derp)

Ayyy~

Offline Fivael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2013, 09:50:30 am »
Honestly, why do people roleplay with such strong vocabulary?
None of these roleplay samples made sense to me.
Can't people just use normal words? Like the fancy terms for head, eyes, etc always confuses me, and its hard to understand what the person is saying.

Offline RisingLife

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2013, 03:51:51 pm »
What mainly bothers me is that plenty of wolfspeakers act like a pompous butthat when you shove the truth in their faces.
^that
Check out my preset shop here!
And Art thread here!
And Character Bio here!?

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:01 pm »
What mainly bothers me is that plenty of wolfspeakers act like a pompous butthat when you shove the truth in their faces.
"Pompous butthat" made me giggle.

They'll learn on their one once they get to a point where they find some of the terms and their meanings, either looking it up out of curiosity or the hard way [during studies].

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2013, 04:47:34 am »
Oh, dear...I joined a pack a while ago. Pretty big, semi-well known. I enjoyed RPing with them. They didn't use wolfspeak, they had good length posts, and unlike every other group they actually stuck around for more than a day.
Recently I started uni, and even in the lead up to that I didn't have a lot of time for FH. When I could get on, none of the members were online. But today, I managed to get on at the same time as the leader and a few others.

They are ALL using wolfspeak now. WHY?

The group is really one of the best I've ever joined, but if the use of wolfspeak gets much worse I won't even be able to understand what my packmates are saying. Such a shame, really...

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15:43 pm »
my wolf-speak:
female=female e.e
Male=Male e.e
Head=caranium/skull e.e
Pup=pup or small one
teen=Derp xD
Deer/Antilope=DINNER!

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2013, 12:06:32 am »
my wolf-speak:
female=female e.e
Male=Male e.e
Head=caranium/skull e.e
Pup=pup or small one
teen=Derp xD
Deer/Antilope=DINNER!

Lol. Good idea. I like your term for teen, and deer/antilope XD

Pompous butthat? Never heard that one before XD
I agree. You try to educate them on what those words really mean, and yet they call you an illiterate fool who doesn't know anything. It's shameful, I tell ya. You know what they say...
Inactive

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2013, 06:06:14 pm »
my wolf-speak:
female=female e.e
Male=Male e.e
Head=caranium/skull e.e
Pup=pup or small one
teen=Derp xD
Deer/Antilope=DINNER!

Lol. Good idea. I like your term for teen, and deer/antilope XD

Pompous butthat? Never heard that one before XD
I agree. You try to educate them on what those words really mean, and yet they call you an illiterate fool who doesn't know anything. It's shameful, I tell ya. You know what they say...
ikr, my friend says im just full of good ideas my cousin even asked me to help her with her senior prank when it comes around >:D